An Old School Catholic Message Board

What You Don't Know Can Hurt You

franciscanheart

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Dearest Holy Roman Catholic Church. Take it to confession. :reaper:

http://youtu.be/frvg9hfJYBo

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Dearest Holy Roman Catholic Church. Take it to confession. :reaper:

it's not just about "taking it confession". 

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/simcha-fisher/dont-shoot-those-helicopters-down#ixzz2uMaAt3Io

"So, there it is.  Confession reconciles us with God, restores us to grace, strengthens us, and remits sin. We need it, and we cannot do without it. But it is not always all we need. Many, many of us need something else to help us off that rooftop, whether we've climbed up there ourselves, or been chased there by circumstances or by other people or by the trick of biology, or some combination of those things.

Sometimes we come out of the confessional knowing that we must try harder, pray better, recommit to a life of holiness.  And sometimes, we come out of the confessional knowing that, in order to try harder, pray better, and recommit to a life of holiness, we need help."

"In either case, this is what Cdl. Ratzinger was talking about when he said that homosexual people need "witness, counsel and individual care" as well as "the sacrament of Reconciliation [and] prayer."  (from "On the Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons.")  You see? Even Pope Benedict doesn't say, "Get to confession, the end." " 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Gays shouldn't have any more rites than hetrosexuals, and marriage isn't a rite and people get picked on for all sorts of indiscretions not that it is good but anyhow what about ugly rites, shouldn't the ugly people have more rites than beautiful people, be treated differently than everyone else, shouldn't everyone be extra careful not to offend an ugly person but i'm telling you 50% of the population is ugly, oh than the Gay thing is a minority issue, throw em in the ghetto than with TAB and see how long there Gay rites which i think is actually Gay pride lasts. This whole Homosexual rites is a manipulation to eventually have the rites to adopt children for homos which obviously you can't have if your doing it that way, go figure,your choice and if it isn't and it's natural and you where born that way please understand than that it is natural for you not to have children, the holy roman catholic church has always excepted them as sinners as it excepts you poor sinner as you are saint one day hopefully you will be. Shouldn't sinners go to hell, well we deserve it but aye alleluia jesus died for us while we where still sinners that we may become saints, the operative word being become :P . I'm not anti human and Homosexual people are also human as are we all.

PhuturePriest

Gays shouldn't have any more rites than hetrosexuals, and marriage isn't a rite and people get picked on for all sorts of indiscretions not that it is good but anyhow what about ugly rites, shouldn't the ugly people have more rites than beautiful people, be treated differently than everyone else, shouldn't everyone be extra careful not to offend an ugly person but i'm telling you 50% of the population is ugly, oh than the Gay thing is a minority issue, throw em in the ghetto than with TAB and see how long there Gay rites which i think is actually Gay pride lasts. This whole Homosexual rites is a debacle to eventually have the rites to adopt children which obviously you can't have if your doing it that way, go figure,your choice and if it isn't and it's natural and you where born that way please understand than that it is natural for you not to have children, the holy roman catholic church has always excepted them as sinners as it excepts you poor sinner as you are saint one day hopefully you will be. Shouldn't sinners go to hell, well we deserve it but aye alleluia jesus died for us while we where still sinners that we may become saints, the operative word being become :P . I'm not anti human and Homosexual people are also human as are we all.

If-youre-in-a-hole-stop-digging.jpg

Gays shouldn't have any more rites than hetrosexuals, and marriage isn't a rite and people get picked on for all sorts of indiscretions not that it is good but anyhow what about ugly rites, shouldn't the ugly people have more rites than beautiful people, be treated differently than everyone else, shouldn't everyone be extra careful not to offend an ugly person but i'm telling you 50% of the population is ugly, oh than the Gay thing is a minority issue, throw em in the ghetto than with TAB and see how long there Gay rites which i think is actually Gay pride lasts. This whole Homosexual rites is a manipulation to eventually have the rites to adopt children for homos which obviously you can't have if your doing it that way, go figure,your choice and if it isn't and it's natural and you where born that way please understand than that it is natural for you not to have children, the holy roman catholic church has always excepted them as sinners as it excepts you poor sinner as you are saint one day hopefully you will be. Shouldn't sinners go to hell, well we deserve it but aye alleluia jesus died for us while we where still sinners that we may become saints, the operative word being become :P . I'm not anti human and Homosexual people are also human as are we all.

what the hell? you clearly didn't read what I posted. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

it's not just about "taking it confession". 

http://www.ncregister.com/blog/simcha-fisher/dont-shoot-those-helicopters-down#ixzz2uMaAt3Io

"So, there it is.  Confession reconciles us with God, restores us to grace, strengthens us, and remits sin. We need it, and we cannot do without it. But it is not always all we need. Many, many of us need something else to help us off that rooftop, whether we've climbed up there ourselves, or been chased there by circumstances or by other people or by the trick of biology, or some combination of those things.

Sometimes we come out of the confessional knowing that we must try harder, pray better, recommit to a life of holiness.  And sometimes, we come out of the confessional knowing that, in order to try harder, pray better, and recommit to a life of holiness, we need help."

"In either case, this is what Cdl. Ratzinger was talking about when he said that homosexual people need "witness, counsel and individual care" as well as "the sacrament of Reconciliation [and] prayer."  (from "On the Pastoral Care of Homosexual Persons.")  You see? Even Pope Benedict doesn't say, "Get to confession, the end." " 

Your right lil'red, confession is more like the beggining not the end. But also what about me i wan't individual care too. :)  All my sins have been dealt with in the confessional and prayer to be a better person in accordance to Gods will as far as my knowledge of that allows at present. And perhaps some people prayed for me, i don't know, probably. Isn't that formula from pope benedict how we should all treat black sheep that wan't to become grey sheep but are stuck in the mud ? And grey sheep that hope to become a white sheep. And white sheep that hope to become shepards. :)

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

what the hell? you clearly didn't read what I posted. 

Did i quote you ? NO! My comment was a generalisation of what i believe on the matter of Gay rites. I have read hardly any posts on this thread. But i have read some.

IcePrincessKRS

Did i quote you ? NO! My comment was a generalisation of what i believe on the matter of Gay rites. I have read hardly any posts on this thread. But i have read some.

I see that as a problem because "the matter of gay rights" is NOT what this thread is about at all. You're kinda derailing things.

Your ignorance is hard to ignore.

franciscanheart

I see that as a problem because "the matter of gay rights" is NOT what this thread is about at all. You're kinda derailing things.

And by "kinda" she means totally. Completely. Absolutely. Without question.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

What is this thread about again ? I kind of asked the o.p with my original post without a response and though he or she may have missed it no one else clarified.

What is this thread about again ? I kind of asked the o.p with my original post without a response and though he or she may have missed it no one else clarified.

Q&A