TheresaThoma Posted April 10, 2014 Author Posted April 10, 2014 I haven't seen this for any of my websites....
SilentJoy Posted May 11, 2014 Posted May 11, 2014 Taking a break from HabitRPG for a while, as I won't be on the Internet as much and I don't want any missed dailies hurting the rest of the group during quests. It was fun playing with ya'll, thanks! (This will give everyone a chance to catch up with me... :evil:)
TheresaThoma Posted May 11, 2014 Author Posted May 11, 2014 So I died, whoops! I think I might take a break for a bit though.
AnneLine Posted May 12, 2014 Posted May 12, 2014 TheresaThoma, you died?????? Break????? You AND Silent Joy????? And a sick ARFink.... Sheesh.... Getting lonely in there...... Max, you can play away or with us, just keep us informed on how it goes..... same with both of you!
cartermia Posted May 12, 2014 Posted May 12, 2014 I will try to play but it is really busy at my house so not much time to get on the laptop and get on.
maximillion Posted May 13, 2014 Posted May 13, 2014 I am only level 27. I got 32 pets and a white cactus steed. I have lots of equipment, since I bought all the special stuff in April and now all the stuff for my class. I am growing a golden dragon steed as well as a few others. Sometimes still feed the wrong things, so I have AL's list copied on a post it!
TheresaThoma Posted May 13, 2014 Author Posted May 13, 2014 Well I got a bit lax for a while before I went on retreat. And then I was on retreat for a week......
maximillion Posted May 13, 2014 Posted May 13, 2014 I heard of some interesting things happening to people on retreat - but Dying? Must have been some retreat! :hehe2:
cartermia Posted May 13, 2014 Posted May 13, 2014 It is just end of the school year stuff for me. And to add on top of that my sisters are graduating so we have to clean, clean, and clean some more!
TheresaThoma Posted May 14, 2014 Author Posted May 14, 2014 I heard of some interesting things happening to people on retreat - but Dying? Must have been some retreat! :hehe2: Well I guess there was a tiny bit of dying to self. And it was awesome and crazy!
AnneLine Posted May 14, 2014 Posted May 14, 2014 So.... put down as a habit you want to cultivate checking in each day with us! We wanna know what happened on the retreat..... and my question about if we were to create a lumpkin challenge... what would you like it to have in it? We can do it, you know... something we can work on together!
AnneLine Posted May 14, 2014 Posted May 14, 2014 (edited) Several people have indicated in the HabitsRPG Chat that they want to explore putting together a challenge for the Lumpkins! Some of the ideas that have been suggested are below. Are any of you interested? and if so, which would YOU would like! If there is interest, I’m open to purchasing some ‘starter Gems’ so we can have some fun together and encourage each other!!! Remember, they may already be things you are doing!!!! Or something that you would LIKE to start doing. We can choose one or two to do a month… or we can just put the whole bunch in there and start working on these things. Ideally we want to set up some HABITS we check off when we do (or don't) accomplish, some DAILY things we do to encourage those habits and SPECIFIC TASKS to be done each day for the To Dos. They should kind of ripple off the habits we want to encourage/discourage. POSSIBLE HABITS: Many of these could be clicked off several times a day!!!! Connect with God for a few moments + Renew my trust in God’s Providence + Pray for each other + Encourage each other + Put your Shoulders back – we are LUMPKINS! + Hold your Head high – we are LUMPKINS! + (for both of these, you don’t have to get the thing done… y0u just have to take a swipe at it!) Take A Stab at the Vile O-DRAT (Oh … Do i Really Have To?) + / - not even trying to do it Survive a skirmish with the Evil Fear monster + / - giving in to the fear Some pragmatic ones that have been suggested are..... 15 minutes of Study time + / - (avoiding) 15 minutes of work + / - (avoiding) 15 minutes in the Lumpkin Gym (Getting in some exercise) + / - (avoiding) Food Choices + / - (some are better than others…. Pick your choices) Better sleep choices... use these to customize your patterns... and what you want to do..... 6 hours of sleep + 1.5 hours of sleep + Too much or too little sleep - OR Some people may want to choose…. Get to bed by _____ Get up by ______ Possible DAILIES: Morning Offering and recommitting ourselves to God’s Providence 15 mins in prayer – spending time with God 15 minutes battling the Procrastination Beast, O-DRAT Do something to combat a fear or bad habit 15 minutes of moving/exercise 15 minutes of Studying or Reading Do something nice for myself! Encourage each other (we all need prayers! Or cast a spell, post a comment, share a video or song) Nightly self-check - How did today go? Check off what you have and haven't done. Plan for tomorrow – what do I want to do more / less of tomorrow? TO DO’s Each day put in your new TO-DO’s (If you list them, you can check them off for extra loot and ‘mana’ points!) Remember to see if you have any older ones that are due in the next day or so. So.... anybody interested?????? Edited May 14, 2014 by AnneLine
TheresaThoma Posted May 14, 2014 Author Posted May 14, 2014 So.... put down as a habit you want to cultivate checking in each day with us! We wanna know what happened on the retreat..... and my question about if we were to create a lumpkin challenge... what would you like it to have in it? We can do it, you know... something we can work on together! Still sorting through the retreat (in a good way) so not quite ready to talk about it outside of a few people right now. There are also a couple of things coming up in the next month that I need to do before I can know where exactly the Holy Spirit is guiding me.
AnneLine Posted May 14, 2014 Posted May 14, 2014 That makes total sense, TT... I didn't mean you needed to do spiritual direction with us over the internet inpublic! I just meant check in on your to do list each day.... and maybe post in here from time to time!
AnneLine Posted May 14, 2014 Posted May 14, 2014 Anyone interested in some of the ideas I posted above for a challenge? We could configure it so you got things done over a week and find a day that would be good for all of us to check in... that might solve the prob for people with limited access.....?
Chrysophylax Posted May 15, 2014 Posted May 15, 2014 I think the work and excersie ones would be great,and the sleep ones also might be a good idea for me. I have a tendancy to go to the extremes; too much or not enough... Oh and I love these: Connect with God for a few moments + Renew my trust in God’s Providence + Pray for each other + Encourage each other + Put your Shoulders back – we are LUMPKINS! + Hold your Head high – we are LUMPKINS! + I think this would be a great idea!
ChristinaTherese Posted May 15, 2014 Posted May 15, 2014 I like the O-DRAT ones. (And that is a great acronym!)
cartermia Posted May 16, 2014 Posted May 16, 2014 I like them all, especially the sleeping ones. I never seem to get enough, the teen body should get a lot more sleep than the adult's 8 hours. We need about 10 actually, I get like 6-7 hours.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now