An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Obamacare Thread

God the Father

These republicans did way more harm than good.  They acted like a bunch of children.  They shut down the government for absolutely nothing.  There was absolutely no chance of a repeal of obamacare or any major part of it.  The so called small-government republicans who want to cut spending sure did waste a ton of money on this scheme which did absolutely nothing except make them look like fools.  In the end tea party people like Ted Cruz got more airtime and national attention for their future elections at the cost of the tax payer and the republican party as a whole.  

Also these people deserved to be vilified because they cost tax payers so much money for something that had absolutely no chance of success.  If your going to hold people's income and tax payer money hostage with absolutely no chance of success, you deserve to be vilified.

Nice parroting of the media line.

Actually, the spineless and unprincipled Republican "leadership" in Congress  (as is typical of them) essentially rolled over and ended up giving Obama and the Democrats everything they wanted.

Obamacare will cost taxpayers trillions, and is unsustainable (in addition to its constitutional issues - and yes, despite that John Roberts chose to play political games rather than do his job of uphold the Consititution) - while Cruz's fillibuster costs next to nothing.

But, yeah, nowadays, wanting to continue to spend borrowed money like there's no tomorrow is considered "responsible" and "grown-up."  while any calls for restrictions on runaway government spending and growth is decried as "childish."

And. we're all supposed to vilify Ted Cruz for his filibuster against Obamacare, while at the same time we were supposed to admire Wendy Davis for her filibuster in the Texas Senate on behalf of the "right" to kill babies, for her "courage."

But, yeah, nowadays, wanting to continue to spend borrowed money like there's no tomorrow is considered "responsible" and "grown-up." while any calls for restrictions on runaway government spending and growth is decried as "childish."

Well, basic economically illiteracy is more the issue than childishness.

I feel like Republicans are either extremely daft, or they are willingly ignorant of the reality of poverty and its cause in America.

That is very mean of me to say.

I just think that the huge corporations are paying off all our of political leaders...however it appears to me that the republicans (especially considering all the lolable things Paul Ryan has been saying recently) are more out of touch with the American people. 

havok579257

Nice parroting of the media line.

Actually, the spineless and unprincipled Republican "leadership" in Congress  (as is typical of them) essentially rolled over and ended up giving Obama and the Democrats everything they wanted.

Obamacare will cost taxpayers trillions, and is unsustainable (in addition to its constitutional issues - and yes, despite that John Roberts chose to play political games rather than do his job of uphold the Consititution) - while Cruz's fillibuster costs next to nothing.

But, yeah, nowadays, wanting to continue to spend borrowed money like there's no tomorrow is considered "responsible" and "grown-up."  while any calls for restrictions on runaway government spending and growth is decried as "childish."

And. we're all supposed to vilify Ted Cruz for his filibuster against Obamacare, while at the same time we were supposed to admire Wendy Davis for her filibuster in the Texas Senate on behalf of the "right" to kill babies, for her "courage."

once again, if your not a republican you must listen to whatever the media says.

there was no chance of cruz's fillibuster working.  absolutley none.  obama had all the leverage.  there was no chance he was going to cave and get rid of obamacare.  he didn't need to.  he held all the leverage.  why do conservatives not see this.  it also cost a ton of money when the government was shut down.  cruz was the spineless one.  instead of trying to work together(obamacare will not suddenly be overturned right now with the demographics in all 3 phases of government) he just gets the government shut down, costs tax payers money but its all ok because cruz gets free airtime.  i mean who cares how much free air time costs the american people.  cruz is an idiot plain and simple.  he claims he is a true conservative but at the end of the day the guy is out for himself and himself only.  he doesn't care about the american people.  he doesn't care that democrats could steal seats in the next election and costs republicans seat thus giving liberals even more power.  he doesn't care about anything but himself and his public image and his eventual run for presidency(which will be hilarious to see if conservatives are dumb enough to elect this guy who could never win the presidency.  he stands no chance.)

KnightofChrist

once again, if your not a republican you must listen to whatever the media says.

there was no chance of cruz's fillibuster working.  absolutley none.  obama had all the leverage.  there was no chance he was going to cave and get rid of obamacare.  he didn't need to.  he held all the leverage.  why do conservatives not see this.  it also cost a ton of money when the government was shut down.  cruz was the spineless one.  instead of trying to work together(obamacare will not suddenly be overturned right now with the demographics in all 3 phases of government) he just gets the government shut down, costs tax payers money but its all ok because cruz gets free airtime.  i mean who cares how much free air time costs the american people.  cruz is an idiot plain and simple.  he claims he is a true conservative but at the end of the day the guy is out for himself and himself only.  he doesn't care about the american people.  he doesn't care that democrats could steal seats in the next election and costs republicans seat thus giving liberals even more power.  he doesn't care about anything but himself and his public image and his eventual run for presidency(which will be hilarious to see if conservatives are dumb enough to elect this guy who could never win the presidency.  he stands no chance.)

Lighten up, buttercup. We are all God's fools.

KnightofChrist

That is very mean of me to say.

I just think that the huge corporations are paying off all our of political leaders...however it appears to me that the republicans (especially considering all the lolable things Paul Ryan has been saying recently) are more out of touch with the American people. 

Both parties have their evils, both parties are out of touch. However, if we are going to be real in comparisons of out of touch and which is worse, the party that is most out of touch with reality has been and now is Democrat Party. It was the Party of Slavery, the Party against the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution, the Party of Jim Crow, the Party of the Ku Klux Klan, the Party of Segregation, the Party of Lynching, the Party against Civil Rights, and now it is the Party of Mass-Infanticide and Anti-Religious Liberty and other basic rights, etc. At no time in it's history has it not been in support of some sort of grave crime, or acted effectively as a hate group. It has always claimed to fight for the little person, but only the persons they see as persons, not the persons they deem non-persons.

havok579257

Lighten up, buttercup. We are all God's fools.

its hard to lighten up when people like cruz do all the liberals work for them and help give liberals more power in america and thus help[ push the liberal agenda in america.

havok579257

Both parties have their evils, both parties are out of touch. However, if we are going to be real in comparisons of out of touch and which is worse, the party that is most out of touch with reality has been and now is Democrat Party. It was the Party of Slavery, the Party against the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments to the Constitution, the Party of Jim Crow, the Party of the Ku Klux Klan, the Party of Segregation, the Party of Lynching, the Party against Civil Rights, and now it is the Party of Mass-Infanticide and Anti-Religious Liberty and other basic rights, etc. At no time in it's history has it not been in support of some sort of grave crime, or acted effectively as a hate group. It has always claimed to fight for the little person, but only the persons they see as persons, not the persons they deem non-persons.

i am no democrat but i think its unfair to bring up things the party did in the past when the party obviously does not subscribe to those beliefs and the vast majority of its members were not in office when these things were happening.  i mean its no different than attacking america for its support of slavery years ago.  i guess we should always hold that against the country until the end of time.  

both parties are currently horrible.  both parties are pro-death.  both parties are anti-civil rights.  both parties are sexists.  both parties support racism and class warfare.  both parties are horrible for this country.  the only thing worse for this country than both parties is either party in complete control of the country.

KnightofChrist

i am no democrat but i think its unfair to bring up things the party did in the past when the party obviously does not subscribe to those beliefs and the vast majority of its members were not in office when these things were happening.  i mean its no different than attacking america for its support of slavery years ago.  i guess we should always hold that against the country until the end of time.  

both parties are currently horrible.  both parties are pro-death.  both parties are anti-civil rights.  both parties are sexists.  both parties support racism and class warfare.  both parties are horrible for this country.  the only thing worse for this country than both parties is either party in complete control of the country.

If the party had actually apologized for all their historical crimes against humanity, and it stopped it's current crimes against humanity perhaps I would agree with you, but perhaps not.

havok579257

If the party had actually apologized for all their historical crimes against humanity, and it stopped it's current crimes against humanity perhaps I would agree with you, but perhaps not.

have the republicans apologized for their crimes?  also should members who were not even alive when the party did this apologize for something they had nothing to do with?  should we as americans, who were not even alive during slavery apologize for something the country did?  maybe we should also give slavery relatives repirations?  i think its ridiculous to demand an apology for something that happened in the past when its members were not even part of that group or not even alive.

its hard to lighten up when people like cruz do all the liberals work for them and help give liberals more power in america and thus help[ push the liberal agenda in america.

I'm not really sure how to engage in the discussion at this point, but I did find this comment interesting. 

Havok, regardless of whether you'd like to admit it or not, your posts certainly read like they are written by a "liberal."  Do you not consider yourself one?

A lot of those are very old and no one supports them if they are even half of a decent person. I dont think they are good examples.

I agree that the democratic party has a big problem where abortion is concerned, but the Republican party's devotion to life ends after birth. They dont care about protecting the poor, weak, and the old. They are very out of touch with society RIGHT NOW. 

They are judgmental, marginalize the poor, and continue to side on things that harm society more that help such as the war on drugs, corporate greed, the increasing income inequality. So many times have i witnessed republican politicians say the most horrible things about the poor.

We have a big problem in the US right now...we are impoverishing ourselves. One side is calling out for justice, the other is playing a blame game. Blame the poor, they are just lazy. They are continuing to ignore the facts that education and healthcare are not as accessible anymore...that families are being broken up by poverty, drug wars, and race/income discrimination.

The republicans want to build an america where only the rich and privileged succeed. They care nothing for the pains of the poor. The poor are written off and that is a crime.

Republicans may have been a beacon of light in the past, but they are not right now. I used to be a republican, but as i grew older in this current state of the country, I couldnt side with them anymore. I feel they were cruel and out of touch. 

havok579257

I'm not really sure how to engage in the discussion at this point, but I did find this comment interesting. 

Havok, regardless of whether you'd like to admit it or not, your posts certainly read like they are written by a "liberal."  Do you not consider yourself one?

yep, i am automatically a liberal because i don't blindly follow the tea party and ted cruz?  its sad that politics has come to this in america.  unless you cow tow the tea party line, your automatically deemed a liberal.  even moderate republicans are deemed liberals because they don't subscribe to the far right theology.

if you honestly think my posts support liberalism, your completely blinded by the far right wing philosophy of, unless your not extreme far right, your a liberal