An Old School Catholic Message Board

New Obamacare Thread

God the Father

PhuturePriest

the democratic party never gets a pass on these board.  are you blind?  the tea party gets a pass even though they stand for many things the church is against.  i honestly don't know what your reading on these board but the vast majority of us on here never give the democrats a pass on their anti-life platforms.  

I'm not arguing or skeptical, but what are those things that the Tea Party supports that the Church is against? I'd honestly like to know, because my parents are large supporters of the Tea Party movement.

havok579257

Yes, your posts read like a liberal because the only other people I've seen demonize republicans and "Capitalism" in the way you have are liberals and on other threads I've seen you support some fairly "Liberal" ideas and platforms. 

So I was surprised that you didn't consider yourself a liberal.  So I asked you about it.  And, as usual, I got a nice, thoughtful response from you. 

well then i also hope you think winchester is a liberal also since you is not a supported of republicans or capitalism.  once again, i guess in your mind its all black and white.  unless you agree with everything the far right says, your a liberal.

you got a nice response because in these threads i mentioned i was not a liberal.  so how many times do i have to say it until you let it sink in.  

Isidore_of_Seville

The choice to murder babies, but not the choice to decide if your health plan covers birth control or not.

It's actually pretty easy to get a religious exemption from the HHS mandate, many have done so already. However if you turn to a republican backed news station for your information, you will (naturally) hear a different story.

havok579257

I am personally an anti-abortion Democrat. So, you can either stop generalizing and look at things realistically, or you can keep pulling things out of thin air.

i am not pulling anything out of the air.  its in your parties platform.  i really don't know why you think your party doesn't support this.

KnightofChrist

What hate????????????????????

The hate for children, the targeting of blacks, the poor and other such groups that have been on the enemies list of the Party with abortion mills to reduce their numbers.

The same hate that Republican Christians have against homosexuals? To the point where we are making LAWS that make discrimination ok??????????????????

Republican Christians are not murdering the Homosexual people in the thousands, tens of thousands, or millions. They are not passing laws or supporting laws that allow the mass murder of homosexuals.

Should homosexuals should have separate drinking fountains too?

No.

Sit in the back of the bus? Be denied rights to be at the bedside of a dying loved one?

No.

That same hate?

No. Even if you're given examples of Republican Christians supporting Jim Crow laws for Homosexuals true the hate that allows the mass murder of children is a far greater form of hate.

I do NOT defend their stance on abortion at all, I am right along side you. However thats the only thing you seem to be harping on. What else? What hate are they showing?

What else need there be? There is little else that can be more wicked. Seriously why the blank do I even need anything else, and what the blank is wrong with being focused on it alone? What good does the Party do that out weights it's evil? If we were talking about any other political party in the history of this world that supported the mass murder of nonperson persons I doubt I would get any of this why are you 'harping on this', or 'but the other such-and-such party is also bad' type of stuff. I think there would be large agreement, and no fuss that such political parties, parties that have denied person hood to a group of people, would be and are hate groups.

I am personally an anti-abortion Democrat. So, you can either stop generalizing and look at things realistically, or you can keep pulling things out of thin air.

I'd be interested in which Democrat anti-abortion candidates are you supporting in this year's elections.

Edited by NotreDame

havok579257

It's actually pretty easy to get a religious exemption from the HHS mandate, many have done so already. However if you turn to a republican backed news station for your information, you will (naturally) hear a different story.

it should not be an issue that a christian has to support something and pay for something that goes against their beliefs.  freedom for abortions and birth control are not on par with freedom of religion.

KnightofChrist

Democrats don't support abortion, they support choice.

That's a sick lie. There's no nicer way to say it.

Isidore_of_Seville

I'm not arguing or skeptical, but what are those things that the Tea Party supports that the Church is against? I'd honestly like to know, because my parents are large supporters of the Tea Party movement.

Cutting financial help for the poor.

Removing access to and cutting funds for education.

Increased military spending.

Blocking pathways to citizenship for immigrants.

Denying climate change so that big oil will continue to make money.

Just to name a few.

The Tea party is by far the least Christian of every political party out there right now. What's worse is that their corporate sponsors are more obvious than ever with their influence. Tea party members are more like employees of their corporate constituents than they are representatives of the people.

Edited by Isidore_of_Seville

Isidore_of_Seville

I'd be interested in which Democrat anti-abortion candidates are you supporting in this year's elections.

Our Vice president, Joe Biden, is an anti-abortion democrat.

I cannot stress enough that Democrats are not pro-abortion. You won't find Dems hanging out outside of Planned Parenthood with signs saying "YEAH YOU GET THAT ABORTION, YEAH!"

Pro choice is vastly different than pro abortion.

Edited by Isidore_of_Seville

Isidore_of_Seville

That's a sick lie. There's no nicer way to say it.

Once again, I'm an anti-abortion democrat. So, you can call me sick if you want, but that doesn't change reality.

KnightofChrist

Pro choice is vastly different than pro abortion.

Another lie. You're playing games with words. The "choice" is between whether or not a person is a person and whether or that person has the inalienable right to life or if that nonperson person can be legally put to death.

Persons have rights, the right to life. The "choice" allows a person to be declared as a non-person and allows that nonperson person to be murdered. The end is the same, denial of personhood to persons, and the legal murder of that person so long as that is the "choice" that is made.

KnightofChrist

Once again, I'm an anti-abortion democrat. So, you can call me sick if you want, but that doesn't change reality.

Your lies are sick. I do not define you by your lies. Edited by KnightofChrist

PhuturePriest

Cutting financial help for the poor.

Removing access to and cutting funds for education.

Increased military spending.

Blocking pathways to citizenship for immigrants.

Denying climate change so that big oil will continue to make money.

Just to name a few.

The Tea party is by far the least Christian of every political party out there right now. What's worse is that their corporate sponsors are more obvious than ever with their influence. Tea party members are more like employees of their corporate constituents than they are representatives of the people.

Those first three are not inherently against Church teaching, particularly increased military spending. It depends on what their plans are in terms of taking care of those things in a different way. The Church does not say that the government must care for the poor and education, as far as I am aware. It says that education and healthcare are human rights, and that a society must ensure that it provides these things, but that doesn't mean it must be through the government. Catholic religious all around the world feed, clothe, teach, give medical care, and house more people every day than the United States does in a month, and it does these things without government help.

Isidore_of_Seville

Another lie. You're playing games with words. The "choice" is between whether or not a person is a person and whether or that person has the inalienable right to life or if that nonperson person can be legally put to death.

Persons have rights, the right to life. The "choice" allows a person to be declared as a non-person and allows that nonperson person to be murdered. The end is the same, denial of personhood to persons, and the legal murder of that person so long as that is the "choice" that is made.

I assumre you I am not playing games with words. Hey, I'm with you. I agree that the choice to end a life is not a good one but until scientists around the world can agree that abortion is indeed murder we won't see a sweeping change in policy, or the social norm. Look at the war on drugs for example, Nixon began to crack down with the War on Drugs and 40+ years later and there is actually more drugs use than ever, families have been destroyed, an we've wasted trillions on trillions of dollars. My point is that making drugs illegal actually made the drug problem worse, not better.

So, what can we do to fix the abortion problem? Clearly making them illegal won't work. What we need to do is teach, SCIENTIFICALLY (with provable, tangible, completely undeniably real facts) that abortion is indeed murder. Once we have officially scientifically have defined it as such, there will be no debate.

The issue you should have is with the lack of movement in the scientific community, not with lawmakers.