An Old School Catholic Message Board

Everything Fssp And Icrss

AugustineA

Nihil Obstat

Thanks for the lovely pictures Nihil Obstat, they were much appreciated after the recent assault on my sense of sight.

All in good time, my friend. :evil:

友情就是魔法!!

03-Solemn-Funeral-Mass.jpg

I love our priests. :proud: They are both extremely holy men.

Hey that priest to the far left (our left) is from Vancouver! Home town represent. :)

Also, if anyone is interested, check this out: The Society of the Sacred Heart is a lay association within the spiritual family of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest. Their spirituality is influenced greatly by St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Francis de Sales, and St. Benedict.

http://sanctatrinitasunusdeus.com/category/feature-of-the-week/

sacredheartsociety2013.jpg

Nihil Obstat

Hey that priest to the far left (our left) is from Vancouver! Home town represent. :)

Was from Vancouver. :evil: Now he is ours.

Was from Vancouver. :evil: Now he is ours.

Oh yeah, well.. if your priest goes missing. You'll know where to find him.

Easter%2520Sunday%25202013%2520-%2520ecc

Also.. Here are pictures of the FSSP pilgrimage to La Crosse.

131103%20008%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

131103%20032%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

131103%20017%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

I have a lot of respect of the FSSP and the Institute! We have a guy here who was in the Institute, but discerned out and is now here, sponsored by his diocese. Although, as a community my seminary does things in the NO, one of our faculty members says a low Mass on Saturday mornings. I actually just traded an old moral theology book with one of my bro seminarians for a St. Josephs '59 Missal. 

Fidei Defensor

Oh yeah, well.. if your priest goes missing. You'll know where to find him.

Easter%2520Sunday%25202013%2520-%2520ecc

Also.. Here are pictures of the FSSP pilgrimage to La Crosse.

131103%20008%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

131103%20032%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

131103%20017%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

Those pictures from La Crosse (which is where I live) are inside the Shrine Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe, a project spearheaded by Cardinal Burke!  Its an absolutely beautiful church!

Just a Skosh

My family started going to an FSSP parish when I was in college (2,000 miles away).  It seemed really well organized, the priests seemed adept at managing a parish and politics and making sure that good, solid lay people were in charge of the right stuff.  I didn't really have great experiences in the confessional, they never really seemed to listen much, and pretty much gave a canned response, but I didn't go that often.  The masses were always terrific and they usually had good homilies too, although usually over my head.

truthfinder

That's too bad about your confession experiences. The experience I've had with FSSP confessions has been really good. I usually just have a laundry list, and sometimes they leave it at that - they know there's twenty people behind me, kind of thing. At the same time, I've also received really good advice in overcoming some sins, or what I should be focusing on, but in really short compacted words of advice. (I'm very much of the confession is for sins, spiritual direction is for outside the confessional camp). The most surprising thing was, one time I had been a couple month's without confession (nothing serious) and the priest went through an additional list of sins just to make sure I had caught everything. It caught me off-guard at first, but was probably the best thing to happen. I became more brutal with examining my conscience.

I have a lot of respect of the FSSP and the Institute! We have a guy here who was in the Institute, but discerned out and is now here, sponsored by his diocese. Although, as a community my seminary does things in the NO, one of our faculty members says a low Mass on Saturday mornings. I actually just traded an old moral theology book with one of my bro seminarians for a St. Josephs '59 Missal. 

Oh I see how it is, some black market bartering going on at the seminary is there!? :P

That's cool. He has to go where God is leading him right. If anything, he has a deeper understanding of the traditional forms as a result of his time there, and that's priceless in terms of building bridges within the community between traditional and non-traditional parishes. :)

Always nice to have a seminarian kicking it around here! 

And since I won't leave this thread without posting something related to the title, here is some beautiful chant and the coat of arms of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest, hosanna!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tisr2J_h4zE

icrss+coat+of+arms+papal.jpg

So basically, you're too cowardly to apply and blame it on your homophobia.

No, deep concern over an apparently widespread vice. Grow up.

According to wiki, the FSSP priests take no formal vows, but do swear an oath to the society.

What other groups/seminaries teach/practice the EF/Latin Mass?  (need not exclusively use EF). 

E

NO INFIGHTING (NO =/= Novus Ordo)  :hehe2:

Check out this amesome post from an FSSP priest a year ago..

Fr John Rizzo FSSP: “Three months after my ordination (in the SSPX), I said a Mass in north London, a tough neighbourhood. During the Offertory I heard the door creak open. At the end of Mass, a man holding a gun walked up. He laid the gun down and said, ‘Father, I haven’t been to Mass for years. Tonight I was going to the park, sit on a bench and end it all; but I saw the lights of the church as I walked past and entered to seek shelter. The (Latin) Mass was so beautiful, I decided to live.’”

tumblr_m3qol3KbEB1rrutr7o1_500.jpg

http://signum-crucis.tumblr.com/post/22702195391/fr-john-rizzo-fssp-three-months-after-my

Here are some cool figures posted by the fraternity. It looks like they are ordaining about 12 priests per year and bringing active priests into the fold as well.

http://www.fssp.org/en/chiffres.htm

and a new pic for their 25th anniversary:

Imax2en.jpg

Documents Relating to the FSSP:

http://www.fssp.org/en/documents.htm

Eucharistie07.jpg

How does one apply to FSSP and ICK...need local Bishop's approval? 

Are there other similar traditional/good seminaries? 

Thanks for the posts-

E

PhuturePriest

How does one apply to FSSP and ICK...need local Bishop's approval? 

Are there other similar traditional/good seminaries? 

Thanks for the posts-

E

Go to their websites. They have information on how to apply. I'm actually visiting a preparatory seminary by the Institute in about a month.