AugustineA Posted April 9, 2014 Author Posted April 9, 2014 I have a lot of respect of the FSSP and the Institute! We have a guy here who was in the Institute, but discerned out and is now here, sponsored by his diocese. Although, as a community my seminary does things in the NO, one of our faculty members says a low Mass on Saturday mornings. I actually just traded an old moral theology book with one of my bro seminarians for a St. Josephs '59 Missal. Oh I see how it is, some black market bartering going on at the seminary is there!? :P That's cool. He has to go where God is leading him right. If anything, he has a deeper understanding of the traditional forms as a result of his time there, and that's priceless in terms of building bridges within the community between traditional and non-traditional parishes. :) Always nice to have a seminarian kicking it around here! And since I won't leave this thread without posting something related to the title, here is some beautiful chant and the coat of arms of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest, hosanna!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tisr2J_h4zE
Eliakim Posted April 15, 2014 Posted April 15, 2014 So basically, you're too cowardly to apply and blame it on your homophobia. No, deep concern over an apparently widespread vice. Grow up. According to wiki, the FSSP priests take no formal vows, but do swear an oath to the society. What other groups/seminaries teach/practice the EF/Latin Mass? (need not exclusively use EF). E
AugustineA Posted April 15, 2014 Author Posted April 15, 2014 NO INFIGHTING (NO =/= Novus Ordo) :hehe2: Check out this amesome post from an FSSP priest a year ago.. Fr John Rizzo FSSP: “Three months after my ordination (in the SSPX), I said a Mass in north London, a tough neighbourhood. During the Offertory I heard the door creak open. At the end of Mass, a man holding a gun walked up. He laid the gun down and said, ‘Father, I haven’t been to Mass for years. Tonight I was going to the park, sit on a bench and end it all; but I saw the lights of the church as I walked past and entered to seek shelter. The (Latin) Mass was so beautiful, I decided to live.’†http://signum-crucis.tumblr.com/post/22702195391/fr-john-rizzo-fssp-three-months-after-my Here are some cool figures posted by the fraternity. It looks like they are ordaining about 12 priests per year and bringing active priests into the fold as well. http://www.fssp.org/en/chiffres.htm and a new pic for their 25th anniversary: Documents Relating to the FSSP: http://www.fssp.org/en/documents.htm
Eliakim Posted April 15, 2014 Posted April 15, 2014 How does one apply to FSSP and ICK...need local Bishop's approval? Are there other similar traditional/good seminaries? Thanks for the posts- E
PhuturePriest Posted April 16, 2014 Posted April 16, 2014 How does one apply to FSSP and ICK...need local Bishop's approval? Are there other similar traditional/good seminaries? Thanks for the posts- E Go to their websites. They have information on how to apply. I'm actually visiting a preparatory seminary by the Institute in about a month.
Eliakim Posted April 16, 2014 Posted April 16, 2014 [mod]PERSONAL ATTACKS - A post or comment that does not relate to the topic, but is specifically meant to upset or criticize another person or group of people. (I'm inclined to agree with the Reports; usually when a person implies what was implied in this post, it's a personal attack.)- BG[/mod]
KnightofChrist Posted April 16, 2014 Posted April 16, 2014 Keeping a thread on topic at PM is like trying to hold back the ocean with a spoon, and there is no spoon. :|
AugustineA Posted April 16, 2014 Author Posted April 16, 2014 Man.. I don't even know what happened.. Anyways, just got back from a low Mass at FSSP parish. Got there late and still managed to figure out where the priest was in the Latin missal the first time.. But then I got lost again. Also took communion not in the hand, first time since my baptism and confirmation. I can honestly say the low Mass is just as great as the high. It's more quiet, meditative, less people, felt more like breaking bread. Here's a pic of Cardinal Burke (I believe) and the Superior General of the Institute about to face off in a bout of red vs blue: Bishop Gonzales of Cordoba celebrating Mass withh Friar Juan Rodriguez of the Institute. Trad. secret invasion. All your base are belong to us.
PhuturePriest Posted April 16, 2014 Posted April 16, 2014 Man.. I don't even know what happened.. Anyways, just got back from a low Mass at FSSP parish. Got there late and still managed to figure out where the priest was in the Latin missal the first time.. But then I got lost again. Also took communion not in the hand, first time since my baptism and confirmation. I can honestly say the low Mass is just as great as the high. It's more quiet, meditative, less people, felt more like breaking bread. Here's a pic of Cardinal Burke (I believe) and the Superior General of the Institute about to face off in a bout of red vs blue: Bishop Gonzales of Cordoba celebrating Mass withh Friar Juan Rodriguez of the Institute. Trad. secret invasion. All your base are belong to us. The FSSP can act all superior if they want, but the Institute has a much cooler habit. Blue works so well with the cassock.
AugustineA Posted April 17, 2014 Author Posted April 17, 2014 Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto.. :pope2: You should change your title thingy.. I agree, the blue is awesome. You can imagine how stoked I was when the lining on the inside of my missal was blue.
PhuturePriest Posted April 17, 2014 Posted April 17, 2014 Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto.. :pope2: You should change your title thingy.. I agree, the blue is amesome. You can imagine how stoked I was when the lining on the inside of my missal was blue. Is it better now? And that sounds awesome. I'm kind of excited to go and visit their seminary in Saint Louis with my spiritual director.
AugustineA Posted April 17, 2014 Author Posted April 17, 2014 Is it better now? And that sounds amesome. I'm kind of excited to go and visit their seminary in Saint Louis with my spiritual director. lol, no. Cool, post pics for sure. Is it the FSSP seminary in Nebraska? We have one of there seminarians here helping out at our parish. Shout out to all the Americans here. I hope you build bridges between the traditional and non-traditional communities when you're ordained. Plus you have to help bring the SSPX back home (to prove Luigi wrong), and of course try to become Pope. No pressure or anythin..
PhuturePriest Posted April 17, 2014 Posted April 17, 2014 lol, no. Cool, post pics for sure. Is it the FSSP seminary in Nebraska? We have one of there seminarians here helping out at our parish. Shout out to all the Americans here. I hope you build bridges between the traditional and non-traditional communities when you're ordained. Plus you have to help bring the SSPX back home (to prove Luigi wrong), and of course try to become Pope. No pressure or anythin.. No, it's the ICKSP seminary in Saint Louis. It's not technically a seminary, though. It's more of a seminary preparation house. All of the seminarians are sent to their main seminary in Italy, but you have to be fluent in French (confusing, I know), so they have preparatory houses all over the world to teach the seminarians French and Italian.
AugustineA Posted April 17, 2014 Author Posted April 17, 2014 Oh nice, sounds like a great introduction to clerical life, being exposed to two other languages plus the mandatory Latin. Speaking of blue.. just read this: "Blue [vestments] may be worn by immemorial custom or apostolic indult on feasts of the Blessed Virgin in certain countries only, such as Spain and Germany" (Daily Missal 1962, Baronius Press. p.135). And another pic, so we don't get off topic..
Mary Catherine Posted April 17, 2014 Posted April 17, 2014 All in good time, my friend. :evil: 勿ƒ…å°±æ˜¯é”æ³•ï¼ï¼ Are you a Chinese? :cold:
Nihil Obstat Posted April 17, 2014 Posted April 17, 2014 Are you a Chinese? :cold: A Chinese? Interesting way to phrase that. :| 我ä¸ä¸å›½äººã€‚æˆ‘æ˜¯åŠ æ‹¿å¤§äººã€‚
Fidei Defensor Posted April 17, 2014 Posted April 17, 2014 Please post a million more pictures, I'm loving these all :joecool:
Eliakim Posted April 17, 2014 Posted April 17, 2014 (edited) oh come now, I only asked why an effete would want to join these groups, aside from the obvious reason, which when spelled out, got me censured. Here's a typical wolf sneaking in his agenda under "anti-discrimination" that wants to "q u e e r the church": http://queeringthechurch.com/about/ And here's to good seminarians everywhere standing strong! http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/5420487/The_fight_against_Futurechurch_seminarians/ E Edited April 17, 2014 by Eliakim
AugustineA Posted April 21, 2014 Author Posted April 21, 2014 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB_nxPe1g3Q I know the priest closest to the camera! He's amesome.. Very solemn but when you talk to him he's just super joyful.. After Easter Mass it was just him, I, and a girl I don't know praying in the chapel.
AugustineA Posted May 3, 2014 Author Posted May 3, 2014 Salut! Cool sped up video of FSSP in France transforming a modern altar table into a traditional altar. They now operate that church. :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUNfbgRJOe8 This video is from a different community, but it's very instructional for anyone who has never been to a traditional Mass. This is the Mass of the Catechumens, before the celebration of communion. It derives from the age when Catechumens would learn and pray during the opening prayers, and leave the service during communion. The beginning is Psalm 42. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKRf8LbLcg0 This is in Wigratzbad, where the FSSP have their German seminary. I have relatives in Bavaria, nearby. :pope2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thxkUgvqfzE
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now