An Old School Catholic Message Board

Everything Fssp And Icrss

AugustineA

• [mod]PERSONAL ATTACKS - A post or comment that does not relate to the topic, but is specifically meant to upset or criticize another person or group of people. (I'm inclined to agree with the Reports; usually when a person implies what was implied in this post, it's a personal attack.)- BG[/mod]

KnightofChrist

Keeping a thread on topic at PM is like trying to hold back the ocean with a spoon, and there is no spoon.

:|

Man.. I don't even know what happened..

Anyways, just got back from a low Mass at FSSP parish. Got there late and still managed to figure out where the priest was in the Latin missal the first time.. But then I got lost again. Also took communion not in the hand, first time since my baptism and confirmation. I can honestly say the low Mass is just as great as the high. It's more quiet, meditative, less people, felt more like breaking bread. 

Here's a pic of Cardinal Burke (I believe) and the Superior General of the Institute about to face off in a bout of red vs blue:

2012-burke-swiss-sisters1.jpg

Bishop Gonzales of Cordoba celebrating Mass withh Friar Juan Rodriguez of the Institute. Trad. secret invasion. All your base are belong to us. 

Misa.jpg

PhuturePriest

Man.. I don't even know what happened..

Anyways, just got back from a low Mass at FSSP parish. Got there late and still managed to figure out where the priest was in the Latin missal the first time.. But then I got lost again. Also took communion not in the hand, first time since my baptism and confirmation. I can honestly say the low Mass is just as great as the high. It's more quiet, meditative, less people, felt more like breaking bread. 

Here's a pic of Cardinal Burke (I believe) and the Superior General of the Institute about to face off in a bout of red vs blue:

2012-burke-swiss-sisters1.jpg

Bishop Gonzales of Cordoba celebrating Mass withh Friar Juan Rodriguez of the Institute. Trad. secret invasion. All your base are belong to us. 

Misa.jpg

The FSSP can act all superior if they want, but the Institute has a much cooler habit. Blue works so well with the cassock.

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto..  :pope2: You should change your title thingy..

I agree, the blue is awesome. You can imagine how stoked I was when the lining on the inside of my missal was blue. 

PhuturePriest

Gloria Patri, et Filio, et Spiritui Sancto..  :pope2: You should change your title thingy..

I agree, the blue is amesome. You can imagine how stoked I was when the lining on the inside of my missal was blue. 

Is it better now?

And that sounds awesome. I'm kind of excited to go and visit their seminary in Saint Louis with my spiritual director.

Is it better now?

And that sounds amesome. I'm kind of excited to go and visit their seminary in Saint Louis with my spiritual director.

lol, no.

Cool, post pics for sure. Is it the FSSP seminary in Nebraska? We have one of there seminarians here helping out at our parish. Shout out to all the Americans here. 

I hope you build bridges between the traditional and non-traditional communities when you're ordained. Plus you have to help bring the SSPX back home (to prove Luigi wrong), and of course try to become Pope. No pressure or anythin.. 

PhuturePriest

lol, no.

Cool, post pics for sure. Is it the FSSP seminary in Nebraska? We have one of there seminarians here helping out at our parish. Shout out to all the Americans here. 

I hope you build bridges between the traditional and non-traditional communities when you're ordained. Plus you have to help bring the SSPX back home (to prove Luigi wrong), and of course try to become Pope. No pressure or anythin.. 

No, it's the ICKSP seminary in Saint Louis. It's not technically a seminary, though. It's more of a seminary preparation house. All of the seminarians are sent to their main seminary in Italy, but you have to be fluent in French (confusing, I know), so they have preparatory houses all over the world to teach the seminarians French and Italian.

Oh nice, sounds like a great introduction to clerical life, being exposed to two other languages plus the mandatory Latin. 

Speaking of blue.. just read this: "Blue [vestments] may be worn by immemorial custom or apostolic indult on feasts of the Blessed Virgin in certain countries only, such as Spain and Germany" (Daily Missal 1962, Baronius Press. p.135). 

And another pic, so we don't get off topic.. 

563337_10151373032743705_868689418_n.jpg

Nihil Obstat

Are you a Chinese? :cold:

A Chinese? Interesting way to phrase that. :|

我不中国人。我是加拿大人。

oh come now, I only asked why an effete would want to join these groups, aside from the obvious reason, which when spelled out, got me censured. 

Here's a typical wolf sneaking in his agenda under "anti-discrimination" that wants to "q u e e r  the church": http://queeringthechurch.com/about/

And here's to good seminarians everywhere standing strong!  http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/damianthompson/5420487/The_fight_against_Futurechurch_seminarians/

E

Edited by Eliakim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aB_nxPe1g3Q

12_07_10_FSSP_Gregorian_Chant_CD-300x287

vigile%20pascale%2007%20(113).jpg

Anthony-Uy-fssp-jan2012.jpg

I know the priest closest to the camera! He's amesome.. Very solemn but when you talk to him he's just super joyful.. After Easter Mass it was just him, I, and a girl I don't know praying in the chapel. 

• 2 weeks later...
AugustineA

Salut! Cool sped up video of FSSP in France transforming a modern altar table into a traditional altar. They now operate that church. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUNfbgRJOe8

This video is from a different community, but it's very instructional for anyone who has never been to a traditional Mass. This is the Mass of the Catechumens, before the celebration of communion. It derives from the age when Catechumens would learn and pray during the opening prayers, and leave the service during communion. The beginning is Psalm 42. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKRf8LbLcg0

This is in Wigratzbad, where the FSSP have their German seminary. I have relatives in Bavaria, nearby.  :pope2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=thxkUgvqfzE