An Old School Catholic Message Board

Everything Fssp And Icrss

AugustineA

AugustineA

Institute of Christ the King restores St. Stanislaus church. Amazing video. :) :) It reminds me of St. Francis when he heard the call or Nehemiah rebuilding the walls of Jerusalem. Very well produced to. The commentator makes a good point at around 17:00 minutes in that the Traditional Latin Mass isn't a niche. Like Pope Benedict XVI said, it should be appreciated by all. We Catholics who celebrate the traditional form need to show the most charity to others, because lets face it--it can be intimidating. Okay, God bless, enjoy. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55qVIlw6n8k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GMkcV2qklCM

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

I used to attend an fssp parish for a few years, there parish priest is my favourite confessor but he is away at present, though i do also love my current confessor it's just the fssp priest advised me to talk cordially and that he during confessor could also be my spiritual director. COOLNESS TO THE INFINITE MAXIMUM POWER OF LOVE!

And not derailing the thread but a quick photo of a new order called the 'The missionaries of GODS love." The photo below is from the novitiate house chapel, there all novitiate brothers in the photo kneeling.

photo.jpg

and 'the missionaries of GODS love' sisters to the right, the priest in the middle is the founder 'Fr Ken Barker' he has written a few books already. Alleluia

mgl_masthead01.jpg

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

AugustineA

Right on Tab. No you're not derailing the thread, all Catholics and curious non-Catholics are welcome. :P 

It's very efficacious to have a Confessor and spiritual director in one, I find. I think there's a Passionist order who has very similar vestments as the ones in the picture you posted. 

Yeah Credo! I was hoping someone would watch them. :D

truthfinder

Hah, there's nothing like a French priest saying "purple carpet" and his accent doing all the accusing on its own.

chrysostom

Listening to Latin in a French accent is kinda weird.. 

Listening to Latin in an American accent is kinda weird.

AugustineA

Hah, there's nothing like a French priest saying "purple carpet" and his accent doing all the accusing on its own.

Haha I enjoy how much expression that French priest gets in every phrase. Ze tiles of ceramic.. 

Listening to Latin in an American accent is kinda weird.

I imagine. I've never really heard an American accent in real life. 

PhuturePriest

Haha I enjoy how much expression that French priest gets in every phrase. Ze tiles of ceramic.. 

I imagine. I've never really heard an American accent in real life. 

Do Americans not visit Canada? And what type of American accent? There are a million, you know. :P

Nihil Obstat

I heard the Confiteor chanted in Latin with an English accent. That was cool.

• 4 weeks later...
Nihil Obstat

Did anyone tune in to watch the Fraternity ordinations on Saturday? Bishop Schneider did them. Apparently it was amazing.