An Old School Catholic Message Board

Everything Fssp And Icrss

AugustineA

Seems the jury is still out on those two links I posted at top of "How entrenched is homosexuality in the seminaries" thread stating up to half of seminarians are gay.  Some say it's true but was in the 80's, others say it still exists in certain dioceses...a sort of wink to that subculture.  The fact that there appears to be this option makes me question if the hierarchy's hands are tied by a "lavendar mafia": https://www.newoxfordreview.org/covers-pdf/ead-lavender.pdf

I think this is why a lot of men don't apply. 

E

You know I was going to ignore your posts which are both homophobic and insulting to seminarians pursuing non-trad vocations, but I think this needs to be corrected.

First, I highly doubt that up to 50% of seminarians are gay. Let's face it, back in the day the priesthood was a great way for a gay kid to cover up his sexuality and have the respected position of parish priest. We no longer live in a culture where homosexuality is shameful, so my guess is the number of guys entering religious life or the diocesan priesthood to hide their homosexuality is pretty low. If they are in there I'd say it's because they genuinely think they have a vocation, and that's between them and the seminary staff to work out.

Secondly, your assertion that the seminarians in these pictures must be amazing men ready to take on the 'homo/abortionist agenda' (lol) seems pretty unfounded. What are you judging from? Their collars? I have a lot of experience with traditionalism and I know a lot of wonderful traditional priests and seminarians, but the trad world isn't without its problems either. 

Also, for the record, one of my best friends was discerning with the Institute of Christ the King and said that the atmosphere at their seminary is incredibly camp. They're very big on lace, baroque, and an extravagant lifestyle. I'm not saying that they're all gay (and I honestly wouldn't care if they were, to be honest) but a lot of traditionalist culture can be pretty flamboyant so your kind of comments always amuse me.

Also if you want some real trad eye candy you can't go past Econe, pretty much the centre of traditionalism and where it all started. I know that they're SSPX, but it's worth watching just for the beautiful bells, country side, and vestments. Also I know one of the ordinandi in this procession who is now a priest stationed not far from where I live!

http://vimeo.com/12969741