Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Recommended Posts

truthfinder
Posted

According to wiki, the FSSP priests take no formal vows, but do swear an oath to the society.

PhuturePriest
Posted

According to wiki, the FSSP priests take no formal vows, but do swear an oath to the society.

 

Indeed. I discerned with them for a while. They are a pretty cool group of people. That's to be expected when you base yourself in the Midwest, however.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Indeed. I discerned with them for a while. They are a pretty cool group of people. That's to be expected when you base yourself in the Midwest, however.

They are based in Fribourg though. :|

PhuturePriest
Posted

They are based in Fribourg though. :|

 

Their only other seminary in the world is in Lincoln, though.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Their only other seminary in the world is in Lincoln, though.

Yes?

PhuturePriest
Posted

Yes?

 

Nothing.

 

Look, ponies.

 

my%20little%20pony%20games.jpg

Nihil Obstat
Posted

StAnth_333.jpg

Posted (edited)

I tolerate bronies but I ask that you not bring it in here.

 

I also need to find my anti-MLP eye shielding.  It's somewhere in the gadget box.

Edited by chrysostom
Nihil Obstat
Posted

03-Solemn-Funeral-Mass.jpg

 

 

I love our priests. :proud: They are both extremely holy men.

Posted

Thanks for the lovely pictures Nihil Obstat, they were much appreciated after the recent assault on my sense of sight.

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Thanks for the lovely pictures Nihil Obstat, they were much appreciated after the recent assault on my sense of sight.

All in good time, my friend. :evil:

友情就是魔法!!

Posted (edited)

I saw the filename and I got out fast.

Edited by chrysostom
Nihil Obstat
Posted

1395457637283.png

 

 

http://youtu.be/zMtBErFFyp0

Posted

03-Solemn-Funeral-Mass.jpg

 

 

I love our priests. :proud: They are both extremely holy men.

 

Hey that priest to the far left (our left) is from Vancouver! Home town represent. :)

 

Also, if anyone is interested, check this out: The Society of the Sacred Heart is a lay association within the spiritual family of the Institute of Christ the King Sovereign Priest. Their spirituality is influenced greatly by St. Thomas Aquinas, St. Francis de Sales, and St. Benedict.

 

http://sanctatrinitasunusdeus.com/category/feature-of-the-week/

 

sacredheartsociety2013.jpg

Nihil Obstat
Posted

Hey that priest to the far left (our left) is from Vancouver! Home town represent. :)

 

Was from Vancouver. :evil: Now he is ours.

Posted

Was from Vancouver. :evil: Now he is ours.

 

Oh yeah, well.. if your priest goes missing. You'll know where to find him.

 

......

 

Easter%2520Sunday%25202013%2520-%2520ecc

 

 

Also.. Here are pictures of the FSSP pilgrimage to La Crosse.

 

131103%20008%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

 

131103%20032%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

 

131103%20017%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

Posted

I have a lot of respect of the FSSP and the Institute! We have a guy here who was in the Institute, but discerned out and is now here, sponsored by his diocese. Although, as a community my seminary does things in the NO, one of our faculty members says a low Mass on Saturday mornings. I actually just traded an old moral theology book with one of my bro seminarians for a St. Josephs '59 Missal. 

 

 

Fidei Defensor
Posted

Oh yeah, well.. if your priest goes missing. You'll know where to find him.

 

......

 

Easter%2520Sunday%25202013%2520-%2520ecc

 

 

Also.. Here are pictures of the FSSP pilgrimage to La Crosse.

 

131103%20008%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

 

131103%20032%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

 

131103%20017%20jubilee%20mass%20for%20th

 

Those pictures from La Crosse (which is where I live) are inside the Shrine Church of Our Lady of Guadalupe, a project spearheaded by Cardinal Burke!  Its an absolutely beautiful church!

Just a Skosh
Posted

My family started going to an FSSP parish when I was in college (2,000 miles away).  It seemed really well organized, the priests seemed adept at managing a parish and politics and making sure that good, solid lay people were in charge of the right stuff.  I didn't really have great experiences in the confessional, they never really seemed to listen much, and pretty much gave a canned response, but I didn't go that often.  The masses were always terrific and they usually had good homilies too, although usually over my head.

truthfinder
Posted

That's too bad about your confession experiences. The experience I've had with FSSP confessions has been really good. I usually just have a laundry list, and sometimes they leave it at that - they know there's twenty people behind me, kind of thing. At the same time, I've also received really good advice in overcoming some sins, or what I should be focusing on, but in really short compacted words of advice. (I'm very much of the confession is for sins, spiritual direction is for outside the confessional camp). The most surprising thing was, one time I had been a couple month's without confession (nothing serious) and the priest went through an additional list of sins just to make sure I had caught everything. It caught me off-guard at first, but was probably the best thing to happen. I became more brutal with examining my conscience.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...