Spem in alium Posted June 23, 2014 Author Posted June 23, 2014 Yeah, they're pretty scrappy. And they were apparently picked as the "unluckiest" team in the Cup, so it's not too surprising. Very interested in seeing how Croatia will fare today - Cameroon, too.
chrysostom Posted June 23, 2014 Posted June 23, 2014 "Scrappy" in urban dictionary: "Someone or something that appears dwarfed by a challenge, but more than compensates for seeming inadequacies through will, persistence and heart." http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scrappy&defid=3166135
chrysostom Posted June 23, 2014 Posted June 23, 2014 But of course I did not learn my vocabulary from that site. ahem.
Spem in alium Posted June 23, 2014 Author Posted June 23, 2014 Doesn't "scrappy" mean "bad"? Or it at least does where I'm from, anyway. Yes, pretty much. It's not used here, really, but it means disorganised, imperfect, sketchy, etc.
Spem in alium Posted June 23, 2014 Author Posted June 23, 2014 "Scrappy" in urban dictionary: "Someone or something that appears dwarfed by a challenge, but more than compensates for seeming inadequacies through will, persistence and heart." http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=scrappy&defid=3166135 Well, that's a nice definition! :)
Spem in alium Posted June 23, 2014 Author Posted June 23, 2014 P.S. Cameroon v Brazil - currently 1-1...!
PhuturePriest Posted June 23, 2014 Posted June 23, 2014 But of course I did not learn my vocabulary from that site. ahem. What I was taught is that "scrappy" meant disorganized, bad, not a snowball's chance in hell of making accomplishments or moving forward, etc.
Spem in alium Posted June 23, 2014 Author Posted June 23, 2014 What I was taught is that "scrappy" meant disorganized, bad, not a snowball's chance in hell of making accomplishments or moving forward, etc. I'd never really used the word "scrappy" until this morning. It's just not part of our vocab.
PhuturePriest Posted June 23, 2014 Posted June 23, 2014 I'd never really used the word "scrappy" until this morning. It's just not part of our vocab. It's not in mine, either. :P Nobody usually ever uses it here, but when they do, it's not good. :P
TheresaThoma Posted July 2, 2014 Posted July 2, 2014 While I was in France I caught a couple of the world cup matches, a couple in some bars/cafes and one back at the hostel with a group of German students (Germany vs Algeria). I was also on the Champs D'Elysee when France won, it was crazy!
Catherine Therese Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 They sure put up a gutsy effort though, during extra time. I had arrived an hour early for a job interview so I sat and watched the end of the game in a neighbouring coffee shop - boisterously, I'm afraid, for all my corporate attire. (Pretty sure I got some very strange looks as I fist pumped, cheered or punched the air anytime I thought you were about to score... It was exciting stuff! Your USA team showed a lot of character and came within a whisker of equalising. That set play in that last free kick was phenomenally well executed, right up until it came time to put it in the back of the net... I was hoping so hard that you guys would make it. It was all I could do not to tear up and smudge my eye make-up when that full time whistle blew. That woulda looked great in the interview, I'm sure ;) Anyways - I think y'all can hold your heads high, your team did you proud!
cmaD2006 Posted July 3, 2014 Posted July 3, 2014 They did come close, but they saved me from the heart-wrenching decision of who to go for ... USA or Argentina. So ... right now, since USA is outta here ... I go... Argentina!!!! Argentina!!!! Argentina!!!
brandelynmarie Posted July 5, 2014 Posted July 5, 2014 (edited) Brazil! :soccer: :p Edited July 5, 2014 by brandelynmarie
Seven77 Posted July 6, 2014 Posted July 6, 2014 Its my hope that Team USA can make it to the semifinals in the next World Cup 4 years from now! We really need to get with supporting football in the US. Er, I mean soccer. Kinda. Anyway, I'm supporting Argentina and Brazil now! I guess. it's very very sad about Brazil's Neymar though, huh? He has a broken vertebrae. Let's keep in in our prayers!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now