An Old School Catholic Message Board

Are Heels Immodest?

the171

I think it was one of God's whims. 

I just don't see it.  However, I can see the hand of God in how good looking Pope Pius X was.  If only we talked about this more, there would be more traditional Catholics.

24100D.JPG

Credo in Deum

That is what I think and that is why I do not wear high heels.   However, I must concede that stiletto heels make a good stealth weapon.

PM Aliens with stiletto weapon heels!!!  HERESY! 

PM Aliens with stiletto weapon heels!!!  HERESY! 

Oh yeah.  Well, powder make-up can be blown into the eyes of an assailant.  Most purses can be used a cosh. Dental floss can be used as a garrote. And it is possible to move a comb against a person's nose in a very painful way.  

http://youtu.be/-iLmtp8dCdY

So there.

I'm all out of props!

Just so long as you are in awe of my femininity, props do not matter.

Thank you for the clarification.  While I understand the position of how one should act when in Church as opposed to outside of Church -and that there is a bit of wiggle room- I do not believe the wiggle room is as big as what society claims is fashionable.  For Baptized Catholic's I always held the belief that we are always present in the sacred sphere by virtue of our Baptism.   As Saint Paul states: "Or know you not, that your members are the temple of the Holy Ghost, who is in you, whom you have from God; and you are not your own ? For you are bought with a great price. Glorify and bear God in your body." --1 Corinthians 6:19-20

Anyway I'm glad to hear you do not speak for all men, including those who live in Nebraska or Saudi Arabia. 

Yes and just to be clear on my position I am hoping for the restoration of our Roman Liturgy and not earlier culture, if that makes sense. I'm not particularly fond of 1950's fashions, monarchy, Mozart, and some of the other cultural elements that Trads seem to be into. 

I do not understand why Benedict Cumberbatch is supposed to be so attractive.

I knew there was something particularly fishy about you. Inability to appreciate Benedict Cumberbactchs awesomeness is a serious character flaw!

He is a beautiful man...with a beautiful voice.

Tom Cruse often wears heeled shoes on movie sets so that his female costar isnt taller than he is.

Basilisa Marie

Most of the women I've known to wear heels always complain about their feet or legs hurting. Which begs the question, why wear something that's just for fashion if it hurts? Doesn't make sense.

Beauty is pain. 

Credo in Deum

Tom Cruse often wears heeled shoes on movie sets so that his female costar isnt taller than he is.

I saw him on The Daily Show and didn't realize how short he was until he stacked up side by side, Jon Stewart. 

Edited by Credo in Deum

I knew there was something particularly fishy about you. Inability to appreciate Benedict Cumberbactchs amesomeness is a serious character flaw!

He is a beautiful man...with a beautiful voice.

OK, I do like his voice.  But he is not as handsome as any number of men I can think of.  Including Pope Pius X.

Cumberbatch voice with Pius' looks?!   Pope Piusbatch X!

As long as you throw in Pope Pius' theology too.