Nihil Obstat Posted July 23, 2014 Posted July 23, 2014 Non sequitur, he can be a thug and still be right about defending the Russian people's faith and values. He is not defending the Russian people's faith and values. He is defending the values of cronyism and thuggery.
mortify ii Posted July 23, 2014 Author Posted July 23, 2014 So telling Muslims they have to accept Russian laws is Putin supporting cronyism? Rightttt...
mortify ii Posted July 23, 2014 Author Posted July 23, 2014 Putin is akin to a Charlemagne or king David
Amppax Posted July 23, 2014 Posted July 23, 2014 My point was simply that many Americans expect immigrants to adopt our language and assimilate, rather than change out institutions, make English a second language, and ask to be judged by foreign and exotic laws. Right, and my point is that the history of this point of view in America is violently anti-Catholic. Think the Nativist Party (and the KKK, although that's a rabbit hole I'd rather not dive down). Not that people who hold these opinions are that radical, most aren't. But they are leaning towards that tradition, whether they like it or not. Therefore, as a Catholic, I think it's my duty to resist these strands of thought, rather than champion them.
Amppax Posted July 23, 2014 Posted July 23, 2014 Putin is akin to a Charlemagne or king David I really don't know what to say to this. For once in my life, I'm speechless. Putin and King David. Okay then. :mail: :unsure: :sos:
Nihil Obstat Posted July 23, 2014 Posted July 23, 2014 Putin is akin to a Charlemagne or king David I really don't know what to say to this. For once in my life, I'm speechless. Putin and King David. Okay then. :mail: :unsure: :sos: I know what to say. It is related to bovines, but unfortunately it is not entirely appropriate for the Phatmass audience.
Lilllabettt Posted July 23, 2014 Posted July 23, 2014 I really don't know what to say to this. For once in my life, I'm speechless. Putin and King David. Okay then. :mail: :unsure: :sos: they are both murderers?
mortify ii Posted July 24, 2014 Author Posted July 24, 2014 I really don't know what to say to this. For once in my life, I'm speechless. Putin and King David. Okay then. :mail: :unsure: :sos: Yes, King David the Israelite Imperialist King who laid waste to numerous people and committed acts of genocide. He even committed adultery with another man's wife and had him fight the front lines so that he might die. And yet he is the only soul scripture dubs as being after the heart of God. So we really can't judge any soul because we don't know their internal disposition.
mortify ii Posted July 24, 2014 Author Posted July 24, 2014 (edited) Right, and my point is that the history of this point of view in America is violently anti-Catholic. Think the Nativist Party (and the KKK, although that's a rabbit hole I'd rather not dive down). Not that people who hold these opinions are that radical, most aren't. But they are leaning towards that tradition, whether they like it or not. Therefore, as a Catholic, I think it's my duty to resist these strands of thought, rather than champion them. No one is supporting violence against immigrants or saying immigration has to stop, what we're saying is immigrants ought to accept the laws of the nation they migrate to and assimilate. Don't most American's agree that people who move here should learn English? That's what was expected of the Germans, Italians, and Poles that immigrated. Edited July 24, 2014 by mortify ii
mortify ii Posted July 24, 2014 Author Posted July 24, 2014 "None of us finds it difficult to love the neighbor who seems inferior to us. But to love someone we know is superior is another thing."
Semper Catholic Posted July 24, 2014 Posted July 24, 2014 Always love when so called militant groups saber rattle and make statements about how things need to change and "we need to fight back." The one absolute truth is that these groups are all deep down made of cowards who are all to scared to actually fight.
Credo in Deum Posted July 24, 2014 Posted July 24, 2014 (edited) Yeah I don't get it. Also I believe that actor is the one in the movie "To End All Wars". You should watch that movie. Edited July 24, 2014 by Credo in Deum
Semper Catholic Posted July 24, 2014 Posted July 24, 2014 Yukio Mishima was no coward Yeah he also didn't spend his time crapposting memes on the Internet and talking a big game.
mortify ii Posted July 24, 2014 Author Posted July 24, 2014 Yeah he also didn't spend his time crapposting memes on the Internet and talking a big game. Talking big game? Do you even know what's going on in this thread?
mortify ii Posted July 24, 2014 Author Posted July 24, 2014 Yeah I don't get it. Also I believe that actor is the one in the movie "To End All Wars". You should watch that movie. Yukio Mishima. Really interesting person, poet, actor, philosopher, homosexual, and truly superior and noble spirit.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now