An Old School Catholic Message Board

French Dissidence (about Time!)

mortify ii

French Dissidence  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Nihil Obstat

Franky, I find the sentiment expressed in that picture to be absolutely abhorrent. I find it inhuman, evil, and nauseating. If a Catholic were expressing those beliefs I would seriously question if the Church for him is a Faith, or simply a veneer to cover his real faith of racism, nationalism, and cultural imperialism.

Franky, I find the sentiment expressed in that picture to be absolutely abhorrent. I find it inhuman, evil, and nauseating. If a Catholic were expressing those beliefs I would seriously question if the Church for him is a Faith, or simply a veneer to cover his real faith of racism, nationalism, and cultural imperialism.

So expecting migrants to respect and conform to the Country that embraced them rather than attacking the institutions is abhorrent in your opinion? Interesting. I thought such an expectation was all but natural and is supported widely even in the United States. 

20131129-d500.jpg

No veiled women... you will conform to the place you immigrated to... whether that be Russian, France, or where ever

Nihil Obstat

So expecting migrants to respect and conform to the Country that embraced them rather than attacking the institutions is abhorrent in your opinion? Interesting. I thought such an expectation was all but natural and is supported widely even in the United States. 

Catholics are eternal migrants. It is a condition of our missionary mandate. What do you think Caesar might have said to St. Peter?

"In Rome live Romans. Any minority from anywhere, if it wants to live in Rome, to work and eat in Rome, should speak Latin [well we did that one] and respect the Roman laws. If they prefer Christian law, then we advise them to go to those places where that's the state law. Rome does not need minorities. Minorities need Rome, and we will not grant them special privileges, or try to change our laws to fit their desires, no matter how loud they yell "discrimination". The Roman customs and traditions are not compatible with the lack of culture of the primitive ways of [Christians]."

so of course, if those Christians do not like Roman law, they should go elsewhere or be thrown to the lions. To think that a minority can just come into a new country and not take on that culture, to try to change the prevailing culture, why that is just crazy!

The obligation of evangelization requires that we Catholics are immigrants in strange countries, and that we do not assimilate, do not conform. We change cultures, change laws, and convert states. We are damn lucky that the Irish and German Catholic immigrants to America did not follow your way of thinking.

so of course, if those Christians do not like Roman law, they should go elsewhere or be thrown to the lions. To think that a minority can just come into a new country and not take on that culture, to try to change the prevailing culture, why that is just crazy!

Does not a Society also have the right to resist such change especially if it be a Christian society? Must Russia start adjusting itself so that ISLAMIC laws and regulations be enforced in it's land? Must a predominantly Catholic society like Poland now succumb the pressures of a small progressive minority that want to make legalized same-sex marriage and abortions? Apparently for a Christian society to defend itself from such elements is considered imperialist and racist to you.

The obligation of evangelization requires that we Catholics are immigrants in strange countries, and that we do not assimilate, do not conform. We change cultures, change laws, and convert states. We are beaver dam lucky that the Irish and German Catholic immigrants to America did not follow your way of thinking.

Ok, and now we have so-called progressives and Muslims which are trying to further undermine any vestige of our Christian society. I think I recall you saying some negative things about Islam in another thread, does a Society not have a right to defend itself when Muslims try to alter their institutions? Think about it.

Catholics with minds corrupted by the atheist ideals of the bloody French revolution... how sad...

chivalry.jpg

Restore order and hierarchy

20110730-d0418.jpg

Banning these posters being put up is considered racist and imperialist according to Nihil, something so abhorrent that anyone support a ban that is Catholic should have their faith questioned. Shame on you Nihil, perhaps you should go back to anti-modernist Encyclicals. 

Pope Piux IX was apparently a racist and imperialist when he condemned the following propositions:

77. In the present day it is no longer expedient that the Catholic religion should be held as the only religion of the State, to the exclusion of all other forms of worship. -- Allocution "Nemo vestrum," July 26, 1855.

78. Hence it has been wisely decided by law, in some Catholic countries, that persons coming to reside therein shall enjoy the public exercise of their own peculiar worship. -- Allocution "Acerbissimum," Sept. 27, 1852.

79. Moreover, it is false that the civil liberty of every form of worship, and the full power, given to all, of overtly and publicly manifesting any opinions whatsoever and thoughts, conduce more easily to corrupt the morals and minds of the people, and to propagate the pest of indifferentism. -- Allocution "Nunquam fore," Dec. 15, 1856.

http://www.papalencyclicals.net/Pius09/p9syll.htm

Nihil Obstat

You are intentionally conflating two completely different issues. We were talking about immigration. Not you are talking about Catholics in the public sphere. Very different questions.

You can see, by virtue of the direction this conversation has gone, that it is clearly not about immigration at all. It is about morality. As Catholics we have a duty to form our societies along Catholic virtue. We can and must resist attempts to destroy a Catholic presence in the public sphere. To that end we must indeed resist the imposition of Sharia law, if such a thing is indeed happening.

But this is very very different from being against immigration. Anti-immigration is at its core xenophobic. It is not concerned about Catholic morality - that is a smokescreen if it is even invoked.

We are against morality being imposed which is at odds with Catholic doctrine, whether that is asserted by immigrants or long established groups. We are in favour of Catholic virtue in the public sphere, whether it is introduced by immigrants, which is frequently the case, or established groups. To be against immigration in principle is inherently racist, and to attempt to link it to Christian values is misdirection at its finest.

As Catholics we have a duty to form our societies along Catholic virtue. We can and must resist attempts to destroy a Catholic presence in the public sphere. To that end we must indeed resist the imposition of Sharia law, if such a thing is indeed happening.

I'm glad you've come around in agreement with Mr Putin who is protecting the faith and traditions of Russia