An Old School Catholic Message Board

French Dissidence (about Time!)

mortify ii

French Dissidence  

14 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So telling Muslims they have to accept Russian laws is Putin supporting cronyism? Rightttt...

Hm.  Interesting.  So, when Putin backed the Russian imposed strongman, Ramzan Kadyrov, who made it law for women to wear the hijab in part of Russia (Chechnya) he was just standing for traditional Russian values? 

How about when he funneled money to Shamil Basayev to perpetuate the war in Chechnya that helped him gain power at the expense of thousands of innocent lives and the utter immiseration of Chechan society?  

I note the complete absence of black people in the videos, and just a couple gals. White men be angry y'all.

Because a ruler can be a thug and still good for the nation

Ummm.  And Putin has been good for Russia?  

So, what was his biggest gift to the Russian nation?  Was it perpetuating a war that has radicalized a notable subset of the Chechen population and installed a man into power who has embezzled massive sums of money from Russian taxpayers?  Or was it how he personally has perpetuated and ramped up a system of graft and corruption that has helped keep Russia's economy so depressed and empowered a network of oligarchs?  

Let me help out.  Putin was put into place for one reason.  To protect the Yeltsin political family from being held accountable for their intense corruption.  He and his ilk are parasites on the Russian nation.  

Edited by Hasan

People have been suspended in the past for using the word hell in that manner. Just a heads up, because I have seen you say it twice today.

I doubt this very seriously.

This is like, if a multiple violent crime felon violated his last chance parole by getting arrested for jaywalking--and you saying, "He got 10 years in prison for jaywalking".

No, he didn't.

The Hierophant

America should capitulate to Catholic immigrants because Catholicism is the true religion.  European countries should not capitulate to Muslim immigrants because Islam is not the true religion. There simply is no parity on this point.  Immigration is not something to be decided in the abstract.  You have to consider the concrete consequences of permitting immigration in specific cases.

America should capitulate to Catholic immigrants because Catholicism is the true religion.  European countries should not capitulate to Muslim immigrants because Islam is not the true religion. There simply is no parity on this point.  Immigration is not something to be decided in the abstract.  You have to consider the concrete consequences of permitting immigration in specific cases.

Ok cool. Most South + Central Americans are Catholic so I assume you are pro-immigration in that case?

The Hierophant

Yes, although I don't see why the natives of the host country should be expected to learn their language.