An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is Transgender(ism ?) Homosexuality Not A Mental Disorder

superblue

Timothy had already revealed that we knew each other on other forums. That was not new information.  In fact, Trannygate has been discussed on this phorum before I came here.

False compassion is a bad thing.  Real compassion is, of course, a very good thing.  I am basing my assessment of your motives on your posts here, not on another situation.  However, I am warning you, based on my experience, that bad consequences could come from your attitude.

Right. Well thank you for the warning I guess.

Ill just be over here false compassioning all over the place if anyone wants to continue the topic of the thread.

:)

PhuturePriest

I am interested in having adult discussion that dont always crumble down into vendettas after someones personal disposition. I dont see how Clare's present or past treatment of Perigrina have any impact on the topic. It seems like she has using a personal problem as evidence which doesnt seem to be necessary. 

And I dont know how you dont think that accusing me of being a compassionate wishy wash to degrade my integrity is not a personal lash. I dont know why the projection has anything to do with what I think on the topic. do you? Maybe you think its ok? Should I start doing that as well? Find something personal about you and use it against you in a discussion?

I would appreciate it if you didn't always act like everyone is out to get you. You've already admitted that you're prone to drama, so please continue successfully fighting this natural inclination of yours.

I would appreciate it if you didn't always act like everyone is out to get you. You've already admitted that you're prone to drama, so please continue successfully fighting this natural inclination of yours.

Bahahahahahahaha!!!!

Should I start doing that as well? Find something personal about you and use it against you in a discussion?

I would relish in it. Please, do.

I am interested in having adult discussion that dont always crumble down into vendettas after someones personal disposition. I dont see how Clare's present or past treatment of Perigrina have any impact on the topic. It seems like she has using a personal problem as evidence which doesnt seem to be necessary. 

I have not posted anything about Timothy's present or past treatment of me.  

PhuturePriest

Anyone want to get back on topic?

I was being on topic. I was asking you why you believe transgenderism isn't a psychological disorder, which is part of this topic.

Semper Catholic

Who said anything about discrimination? Gays have the same human rights as everyone else.

Lol on what planet is this true?

Semper Catholic

You might want to start taking things less personally. Over and over again I see you frown at perceived malice that just isn't there. I assume you'll take offense at this response, but I really do get a smidge irritated when you say other people are being hateful and rude when they aren't.

STOP HAVING FEELINGS THAT I DONT AGREE WITH!

veritasluxmea

Lol on what planet is this true?

Oops, should have clarified. I meant they *should* have human rights like everyone else. You're right, unfortunately they are denied basic rights in some areas on earth, most notably in the middle east. 

Clare Brigid

Dr. Paul McHugh is one of the only physicians who public opposes medical treatment for transsexualism.  For that reason, he is often cited by activists opposed to medical treatment.  He is a well-known anti-transsexual activist.

This is a very good fisking of portions of Dr. McHugh's article in First Things by a young Catholic transwoman:  http://catholictrans.wordpress.com/2014/02/09/a-critique-of-paul-mchughs-surgical-sex/

Among other things, he has mischaracterized research, drawing rebukes from colleagues.  He is also a known defender of pedophile priests:  http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/05/us/psychiatrist-says-he-was-surprised-by-furor-over-his-role-on-abuse-panel.html

I recommend both articles to those who would like to come to an informed judgment on this issue.

Edited by Clare Brigid

Dr. Paul McHugh is one of the only physicians who public opposes medical treatment for transsexualism.  For that reason, he is often cited by activists opposed to medical treatment.  He is a well-known anti-transsexual activist.

This is a very good fisking of portions of Dr. McHugh's article in First Things by a young Catholic transwoman:  http://catholictrans.wordpress.com/2014/02/09/a-critique-of-paul-mchughs-surgical-sex/

Among other things, he has mischaracterized research, drawing rebukes from colleagues.  He is also a known defender of pedophile priests:  http://www.nytimes.com/2002/08/05/us/psychiatrist-says-he-was-surprised-by-furor-over-his-role-on-abuse-panel.html

I recommend both articles to those who would like to come to an informed judgment on this issue.

A quote from the article second link:

In the early 1990's, Dr. McHugh was among those in psychiatry who argued that memories of sexual abuse recovered by adults were almost always false, a byproduct of poor practice by psychotherapists, who often elicited the memories through hypnosis or other techniques, failed to look for evidence corroborating the abuse and encouraged patients to press charges against the supposed abusers.

He said that a proliferation in the 1990's of abuse charges brought by adults against parents or other relatives was the equivalent of the Salem witch trials.

This position is what is being characterized as being a defender of pedophile priests.  There is nothing wrong with defending innocent priests who are accused of sexual abuse.  Dr. McHugh is, of course, completely opposed to sexual abuse by priests.

This is a good illustration of the point I have been making about the transgender movement.  Trying to help people with gender dysphoria with psychiatry rather than surgery has made this doctor an object of attempts to discredit and defame him.

Clare Brigid

Also from the NY Times article on McHugh:

''What matters is what he does,'' Mr. Clohessy said. ''And he has testified in court repeatedly on behalf of molesters and accused molesters. I have yet to see him speak out in any way, shape or form on behalf of abuse victims.''

The choice of Dr. McHugh as the panel's lone mental health professional was disturbing, said Dr. Mary Gail Frawley-O'Dea, a psychologist and psychoanalyst in New York, because there were so many other experts available who specialized in treating victims of sexual abuse.

''The whole problem with the church has been that as victims have come forward they have been dismissed in one way or the other,'' Dr. Frawley-O'Dea said. ''To have someone on the board who has been in the business of ferreting out false claims is a terrible mistake.''

He is described elsewhere in the article as having a penchant for putting forward contrarian positions:

His penchant for riling colleagues with his outspoken and often contrarian opinions on topics like multiple personality disorder and sex-change operations has often landed him in the midst of furor. 
Edited by Clare Brigid

Also from the NY Times article on McHugh:

He is described elsewhere in the article as having a penchant for putting forward contrarian positions:

The same facts could be described by saying he is a brave person willing to stand up for unpopular positions.  I think the article shows more about the influence of the transgender movement on the media than anything actually wrong with Dr. McHugh.