An Old School Catholic Message Board

Why Is Transgender(ism ?) Homosexuality Not A Mental Disorder

superblue

Perigrina - hang on, are you referring to Clare with a male reference name? If so I find that insensitive and petty. If you can't bring yourself to say Clare couldn't you at least put CB or something. If you didn't know all the info you'd have to improvise. You were privy to information and I don't think that should be abused. You seem to make a point of saying the name when really there's no need. This alone isn't very charitable.

In terms of what's been taught by the church - you can allude what should be the case. The church could make a defintiive point if it wanted, but it hasn't. I doubt it will clearly do so either. It's not up to you to fill the gaps and join the dots for all Catholics until it does that.

I gave up reading some of the posts as there was general condescending attitudes and behaviour. When there issues being discussed and they directly impact on someone in the conversation it's not generally the practice to assert over them like they're chop liver or some 'thing' to be discussed. They do have direct experience, knowledge and worth to bring :bomb:

Now I did hope someone else with more Catholic virtue, at least in terms of what goes here, would point this out. Surely more people must be desperate for a CM label vote than I thought. That or they are hiding under a bushel somewhere :think:

The recovered memory "Courage to Heal" crowd has been thoroughly discredited. Don't know this guy, but if he was testifying on behalf of those wrongly accused of horrific crimes, I'm on his side.

Clare Brigid

Benedictus and CrossCuT, I want to thank you both.

Yes, the name I use now is Clare Mulligan.  My full name is Clare Brid Mulligan.  I chose Clare because it's simple and dignified and I like the way it sounds.  I chose Brid as my middle name because my father wanted to call me Brigid if I had been born an XX person; Brid is the proper Irish Gaelic form of Brigid or Bridget.    :)

My legal name change will be final either by the end of August or the end of September.  That's when the judge will sign the order granting my name change from Timothy to Clare.  Then I'll be able to change all my other documentation, including my gender designation on my Pennsylvania driver's license.  It's a joyful time for me.

I'm real.  You are welcome to visit my Google+ page:  https://plus.google.com/+ClareMulliganEsq/posts.  As a bonus, you'll see my old guy picture, which I've posted there.  I lost 140 pounds from March 2013 to February 2014.  I've maintained the loss since then.  It's one of the benefits of transition:  I've regained the will to live.

My email address is clare.b.mulligan@gmail.com.

I am open about my identity because I want people to know that I am not ashamed to be who I am.  I'm grateful that at least some of you understand this.  Thank you again.   :)

Edited by Clare Brigid

Credo in Deum

Perigrina - hang on, are you referring to Clare with a male reference name? If so I find that insensitive and petty. If you can't bring yourself to say Clare couldn't you at least put CB or something. If you didn't know all the info you'd have to improvise. You were privy to information and I don't think that should be abused. You seem to make a point of saying the name when really there's no need. This alone isn't very charitable.

I personally do not see Perigirina's behavior in this thread as being uncharitable.  She has expressed that she is not comfortable calling Timothy, Clare or CB, because she is not trying to validate Timothy's choices or thinking.  Your post attacking her for this actually validates her position that it has become politically incorrect to call out the truth, and that it has been advocated that the pc move would be to tolerate false ideas and hold them equal with the truth in the spirit of "charity", which in reality is not charitable at all.  No more charitable than referring to a person with multiple personality disorder as Napoleon Bonaparte, just because they think they're him and have taken the steps to imitate him in appearance and action.

Furthermore since Pergirina has been accused multiple times on this site of being too sensitive to remarks she feels are uncharitable towards others, I hardly think her motives in this thread for using the name Timothy is one of malice or hate, but rather that she believes in her heart that she is doing the right thing for Timothy and for the truth.   That is, IMO,  true charity and not a false charity built on motives of human respect. 

So every thought and opinion I do not wish to validate should translate into reducing them?

So does that mean that I can treat all Republicans as subhuman? As well as all christian extremists?

Edited by CrossCuT

KnightofChrist

So every thought and opinion I do not wish to validate should translate into reducing them?

Who says that you should reduce someone? Perhaps I am missing it but I do not see it.

Credo in Deum

So does that mean that I can treat all Republicans as subhuman? As well as all christian extremists?

Where as anyone advocated for reducing others?  Sometimes I feel you purposely put words in peoples mouth.

Treating Timothy as a man is hardly reducing him to subhuman.  You don't think that men are subhuman, do you?

The recovered memory "Courage to Heal" crowd has been thoroughly discredited. Don't know this guy, but if he was testifying on behalf of those wrongly accused of horrific crimes, I'm on his side.

Exactly.  Portraying him as a "defender of pedophile priests" is absurd and slanderous.  Because of his expertise in the subject of false "recovered" memories, he was called as an expert witness by the defense in cases where this was relevant.  He was presumably never called as a witness by the prosecution because he did not have relevant expertise.  This is supposedly evidence that he defends pedophile priests, in spite of what he actually says on the subject.  The man is clearly appalled by pedophile priests and those who covered up for them.

But this sort of smear campaign is exactly what we can expect when people stand in the way of the transgender movement's agenda.

I am open about my identity because I want people to know that I am not ashamed to be who I am.  I'm grateful that at least some of you understand this.  Thank you again.   :)

Does all this openness and honesty extend to posting a link to the CI thread where we last interacted?  Are you unashamed of how you behaved there?

You are all correct and we should never treat someone as subhuman. I just dont see the justification in the name use, but thats just me and you all know that Ive gone rogue. :)

I really dont care to participate in this thread any longer as it seems to me that it has turned more into a personal quib between some of the users that has sprung up from the past.

Furthermore since Pergirina has been accused multiple times on this site of being too sensitive to remarks she feels are uncharitable towards others, I hardly think her motives in this thread for using the name Timothy is one of malice or hate, but rather that she believes in her heart that she is doing the right thing for Timothy and for the truth.   That is, IMO,  true charity and not a false charity built on motives of human respect. 

Thank you for your confidence in my motives, Credo.  You have more than I have myself.  The truth is that Timothy is partly responsible for the near destruction of a forum I cared for deeply and has wronged me personally on several occasions.  Every time I see "Clare Brigid" on the screen I have an emotional reaction.  Every time I post in this thread I am second guessing myself about my motives.  I keep asking myself if I am being moved by pettiness and a desire for revenge.  Have I forgiven him as completely as I should?  Am I trying to hurt him as he hurt me?  And I really don't know.

The thing that I keep coming back to for clarity is the analogy to anorexia.  What would be the right thing to do if this were an anorexic?  That is the best I can do in this situation because I cannot really trust myself.

I would appreciate it if those reading this would pray for me to be forgiving and to act from pure motives.

Thank you for your confidence in my motives, Credo.  You have more than I have myself.  The truth is that Timothy is partly responsible for the near destruction of a forum I cared for deeply and has wronged me personally on several occasions.  Every time I see "Clare Brigid" on the screen I have an emotional reaction.  Every time I post in this thread I am second guessing myself about my motives.  I keep asking myself if I am being moved by pettiness and a desire for revenge.  Have I forgiven him as completely as I should?  Am I trying to hurt him as he hurt me?  And I really don't know.

The thing that I keep coming back to for clarity is the analogy to anorexia.  What would be the right thing to do if this were an anorexic?  That is the best I can do in this situation because I cannot really trust myself.

I would appreciate it if those reading this would pray for me to be forgiving and to act from pure motives.

You was already in my prayers ;)  You're being honest about feeling conflicted somehow, which I think shows to your credit. But I think some things have been pulled over and shared here that shouldn't have been. I was wondering if this breached the guidelines as it was getting personal and unnecessary. Unless something someone does here needs criticsim I don't think past hurts should be dragged over, IMHO. We've probably all said things we regret in the past and life is a tough road. You know my opinion on how you've posted, so i won't go on about it. But maybe it's better to leave the topic if it's something that brings you into personal conflict and risks adding fuel to the fire.

Edited by Benedictus

You was already in my prayers ;)  You're being honest about feeling conflicted somehow, which I think shows to your credit. But I think some things have been pulled over and shared here that shouldn't have been. I was wondering if this breached the guidelines as it was getting personal and unnecessary. Unless something someone does here needs criticsim I don't think past hurts should be dragged over, IMHO. We've probably all said things we regret in the past and life is a tough road. You know my opinion on how you've posted, so i won't go on about it. But maybe it's better to leave the topic if it's something that brings you into personal conflict and risks adding fuel to the fire.

Thanks for the prayers.  I have considered leaving the thread, but, because I have given this subject a lot of thought and study, I feel that I have insights to share.  Still, perhaps I can confine myself to only making points that are not being made by others.

It is challenging for me to be charitable, or even civil, to Timothy.  I ask people reading this to call me out or report me if they see me fail.  Thank you.