An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who In Here, The Vocation Station, Wants Some Responsibility?

dUSt

I actually have 8,582 posts if you can believe that!  I couldn't believe it myself because I didn't think I had posted that much!  :)

I'm nowhere near close ... but then again I'm not a mega-poster (you guys know what I mean :) ).

Edited by cmaD2006

I not sure what you mean by your last sentence. I wasn't being negative about AL if that's what you're thinking. I have spoken with her on the phone when visiting my brother in California and she is a lovely lady and I fully support either her or Matermisericordae for a m.o.d. position - in fact, both would be nice in case one can't be online when another can.

As for being recognized - I don't understand that reference either. I have been on phatmass since 2007 and have posted over 8,000 posts so yes, a lot of people probably know my name, especially here on VS because of my constant entrances and exits into various religious communities, and my now defunct blogs that I kept up for nearly a year. And apart from all that, I also seemed to have generated a few 'enemies' (or should I use the less confronting word, 'detractors') with some of my outspoken posts. But that's par for the course when posting online.

As for your own application to become a m.o.d., perhaps there hasn't been as much acknowledgement simply because your post count is relatively low so perhaps people here aren't quite as familiar with you as they are with AL and MM?? I know that I see you from time to time, but you certainly haven't posted nearly as much as some others here on VS. MM has over 3,000 posts and AL, who joined two years after her has over 5,000 posts! So they are probably just a little more well known than you are.

Take comfort that you made the offer - it means you care about the place!

I was only referring to your posts nothing at all to do with AL o anybody else.

Let's let it die, shall we folks? At least I have never received a death threat, which Catherine M posted once that she did! Please don't let's make this thread about me. There will always be unhappy people in the world, that's the old 'haters gonna hate' quote that I didn't understand for the longest time. I used to think it was a negative quote, but really, it just means that we can't change the behavior of others, we can only try to set an example whenever possible, and to apologize when we go off the rails ourselves. Obviously some of the things that I have posted in the past have offended people, so I won't be casting stones at others when I am living in a glass house myself. Please let this thread be about who wants to be Minion of Death and other positive things. Ok?

The other post in which you removed your nomination was the other correspondence I was referring to, but I can't go back now and copy it.

Good. Back on track again..... 

AccountDeleted

I was only referring to your posts nothing at all to do with AL o anybody else.

Let's let it die, shall we folks? At least I have never received a death threat, which Catherine M posted once that she did! Please don't let's make this thread about me. There will always be unhappy people in the world, that's the old 'haters gonna hate' quote that I didn't understand for the longest time. I used to think it was a negative quote, but really, it just means that we can't change the behavior of others, we can only try to set an example whenever possible, and to apologize when we go off the rails ourselves. Obviously some of the things that I have posted in the past have offended people, so I won't be casting stones at others when I am living in a glass house myself. Please let this thread be about who wants to be Minion of Death and other positive things. Ok?

The other post in which you removed your nomination was the other correspondence I was referring to, but I can't go back now and copy it.

Good. Back on track again..... 

You do know that you don't have to copy and paste things that have been posted - you can simply quote them by licking on the quote button, or the multi-quote button ??

And I still don't get what you're trying to say. Yes, I posted those things but what you are trying to say about them? Well, you got me stumped.

You do know that you don't have to copy and paste things that have been posted - you can simply quote them by licking on the quote button, or the multi-quote button ??

And I still don't get what you're trying to say. Yes, I posted those things but what you are trying to say about them? Well, you got me stumped.

At this point it does not matter any more, Sorry I stumped you

Credo in Deum

Thank you, Vee8.   

BTW that picture is both disturbing and amazing at the same time. 

Please pray for me. :)

OnlySunshine

Thank you, Vee8.   

BTW that picture is both disturbing and amazing at the same time. 

Please pray for me. :)

You should move from Avignon back to Rome.  ;)

Didn't realize you had been tapped, Credo!   (I would ask to for a new title if it were me.... ;) )

You have my prayers; let me know what if anything I can do to help you.  :buddies:  I'm sure we all feel the same way.

Credo in Deum

You should move from Avignon back to Rome. ;)

Consider it done! ;)

Didn't realize you had been tapped, Credo! (I would ask to for a new title if it were me.... ;) )

You have my prayers; let me know what if anything I can do to help you. :buddies: I'm sure we all feel the same way.

Thank you, Anne. I appreciate the prayers and offer. :)

Chiquitunga

If I was a Minion of Death I would become drunk with power.  

i-have-the-power-o_zpsbbf2399b.gif

I would then lord it over others and have them address me as Eminence or Most Reverend.   Then I would sip my coffee while having a nice chuckle over the hate mail I would receive daily. 

Haha, Credo got it! Congratulations your Eminence!

p.s. good luck! :smile4: or blessings rather!