An Old School Catholic Message Board

Who In Here, The Vocation Station, Wants Some Responsibility?

dUSt

I'm your Minion of Death! Muhahahaha! All who are in VS will have to post an image of a habit once a week. For those who do not meet this quota you will have to start a topic either in open mic or the debate table and will have to spend an entire day there posting and replying to posts.

For those who send hate mail your messages will be posted in a new thread called "wolves in sheep's clothing".

Pax :)

Congrats to you!

db1470660d69204be17ed9c052e08da0_400x400  

Sponsa-Christi

I was just kidding.

Queue, the black smoke. ;)

Does this make you the MOD equivalent of an anti-Pope? ;)

Sponsa-Christi

Well, I suppose we shouldn’t worry unless/until Credo in Deum changes his location to “Avignon.”

AccountDeleted

Maybe dUSt is waiting until AL gets back online?? She seems to be the favorite judging from the thread started about her in Open Mic. ??

Or maybe he figures that we can make do with the new ones he has already appointed as m.o.d.s in the rest of the phorum??

Just pondering. :think:

I'm your Minion of Death! Muhahahaha! All who are in VS will have to post an image of a habit once a week. For those who do not meet this quota you will have to start a topic either in open mic or the debate table and will have to spend an entire day there posting and replying to posts.

For those who send hate mail your messages will be posted in a new thread called "wolves in sheep's clothing".

Pax :)

wolf-in-sheeps-clothing.jpg

Maybe dUSt is waiting until AL gets back online?? She seems to be the favorite judging from the thread started about her in Open Mic. ??

Or maybe he figures that we can make do with the new ones he has already appointed as m.o.d.s in the rest of the phorum??

Just pondering. :think:

As a rule I only read and post  in VS so in reading the above mentioned topic 

i agree with the consensus and support Anneline. I withdraw my application. As I have neither had an my any PM or comments on my posts that speaks volumes to me.

Nunsense,

I am not sure which is more worrisome - negative posts or pure silence!! Take comfort that you are recognized.

AccountDeleted

As a rule I only read and post  in VS so in reading the above mentioned topic 

i agree with the consensus and support Anneline. I withdraw my application. As I have neither had an my any PM or comments on my posts that speaks volumes to me.

Nunsense,

I am not sure which is more worrisome - negative posts or pure silence!! Take comfort that you are recognized.

I not sure what you mean by your last sentence. I wasn't being negative about AL if that's what you're thinking. I have spoken with her on the phone when visiting my brother in California and she is a lovely lady and I fully support either her or Matermisericordae for a m.o.d. position - in fact, both would be nice in case one can't be online when another can.

As for being recognized - I don't understand that reference either. I have been on phatmass since 2007 and have posted over 8,000 posts so yes, a lot of people probably know my name, especially here on VS because of my constant entrances and exits into various religious communities, and my now defunct blogs that I kept up for nearly a year. And apart from all that, I also seemed to have generated a few 'enemies' (or should I use the less confronting word, 'detractors') with some of my outspoken posts. But that's par for the course when posting online.

As for your own application to become a m.o.d., perhaps there hasn't been as much acknowledgement simply because your post count is relatively low so perhaps people here aren't quite as familiar with you as they are with AL and MM?? I know that I see you from time to time, but you certainly haven't posted nearly as much as some others here on VS. MM has over 3,000 posts and AL, who joined two years after her has over 5,000 posts! So they are probably just a little more well known than you are.

Take comfort that you made the offer - it means you care about the place!

OnlySunshine

I not sure what you mean by your last sentence. I wasn't being negative about AL if that's what you're thinking. I have spoken with her on the phone when visiting my brother in California and she is a lovely lady and I fully support either her or Matermisericordae for a m.o.d. position - in fact, both would be nice in case one can't be online when another can.

As for being recognized - I don't understand that reference either. I have been on phatmass since 2007 and have posted over 8,000 posts so yes, a lot of people probably know my name, especially here on VS because of my constant entrances and exits into various religious communities, and my now defunct blogs that I kept up for nearly a year. And apart from all that, I also seemed to have generated a few 'enemies' (or should I use the less confronting word, 'detractors') with some of my outspoken posts. But that's par for the course when posting online.

As for your own application to become a m.o.d., perhaps there hasn't been as much acknowledgement simply because your post count is relatively low so perhaps people here aren't quite as familiar with you as they are with AL and MM?? I know that I see you from time to time, but you certainly haven't posted nearly as much as some others here on VS. MM has over 3,000 posts and AL, who joined two years after her has over 5,000 posts! So they are probably just a little more well known than you are.

Take comfort that you made the offer - it means you care about the place!

I actually have 8,582 posts if you can believe that!  I couldn't believe it myself because I didn't think I had posted that much!  :)

Hi, Everyone,

I hadn't intended to make a statement at all by being off Phatmass for a few days... I just wanted some time to think and pray!  I have had a wild few weeks in the real world on top of all stuff going on in here the last few weeks!  And, to be honest, I was startled when people started suggesting me, and VERY startled by the open mic :heart: thread.... and I wasn't sure what God wanted.

I also am very open to whomever the Holy Spirit and dUSt think would be a good leader for us all.... having more than one probably would make some sense, but we'll have to see what dUSt wants.

I have prayed, and talked to my husband and a few other humans, and if dUSt wants me I'm open to serving as a VS m.o.d. ; I would NOT be open to moderating in the rest of Phatmass, but I am willing to serve those who come here.  God has done -- and I am sure will do -- a lot of good in here.... I'm open to doing this service for you if you want me.

You all have said a lot of nice things about me -- but I also am only to human, trust me, and would need your help and support to do the job--as will ANYONE who takes up the Minion of Death role.  I'm still a little unsure if I have the time to do a good job -- if I get tapped, we'll have to see, but I think it would work.  

I've sent dUSt an email saying that if he wants me, he can have me.... but I by no means am sure I will be chosen, and that's fine too.   He may have something / someone else in mind.   

I'm still praying for the Holy Spirit to send the right person(s).... :)

I'm gonna go check in on the Lameboard 'Book Thing' and 'Travel Across America' threads.... and I am holding all of you in prayer... please pray for me, too!

Edited by AnneLine