Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Introducing The Phorum Purge. Environment Cleanup.


Recommended Posts

Posted

I am looking to ban some members. Seniority, longevity, tags don't matter. 

 

Phatmass needs to be a positive place that glorifies the Church. Members who do not contribute to this, I want gone.

 

On the main Phorum index page you will see a form. After prayer, please use this form if you strongly feel that specific members are responsible for a volatile environment here on phatmass that does not contribute, but rather, hinders in glorifying the Church.

 

I will be using the results of this form to make some tough decisions.

Posted

This will take some heavy duty prayer.  It just seems like such an overwhelming responsibility to condemn anyone to being banned. But I can understand why you are doing it.

 

I was thinking that your idea in another thread was interesting -- getting rid of ALL members and then having us start all over by registering again. Maybe we'd act differently towards each other if we had to choose new names and  didn't think we know who everybody is from years and years of posts. 

 

When will you decide? 

Posted (edited)

[media]http://youtu.be/o50HHf9f_SQ?t=33s[/media]

Edited by Winchester
Posted

Seriously? Huh. 

Credo in Deum
Posted

This will take some heavy duty prayer. It just seems like such an overwhelming responsibility to condemn anyone to being banned. But I can understand why you are doing it.

I was thinking that your idea in another thread was interesting -- getting rid of ALL members and then having us start all over by registering again. Maybe we'd act differently towards each other if we had to choose new names and didn't think we know who everybody is from years and years of posts.

When will you decide?


I'm going to come back as, Remington Steel.
Ash Wednesday
Posted

This will take some heavy duty prayer.  It just seems like such an overwhelming responsibility to condemn anyone to being banned. 

 

I thought about it but I'm not sure I will be able bring myself to vote another person off the island. My kneejerk reaction is to consider my own faults before voting to have someone else sent away, but that's just me. The first stone and all that. But, have at it.

Posted

I think it is a great idea.  The phorum needs something drastic done to it.

Posted

This seems like a pretty drastic move. I dont think that there are anyone on here so horrible that they deserve to be banned. 

May being stripped of a title will be more sufficient to get the point across? 

Sponsa-Christi
Posted

Just wondering, is there a review or an appeals process for the soon-to-be banned? I.e., do the mods look for evidence of a history of troublesome posts, or is anyone whose name is submitted banned instantly? 

Posted

I thought about it but I'm not sure I will be able bring myself to vote another person off the island. My kneejerk reaction is to consider my own faults before voting to have someone else sent away, but that's just me. The first stone and all that. But, have at it.

 

agreed. even people who I'd like to see voted off - I then think of all the good posts they've made. prayerful posts. helpful posts. I just can't bring myself to do it. 

 

how about just taking the guidelines seriously - and them actually getting enforced? those who are serious offenders will be banned in short order anyway. 

Posted

I'm not seeing this as voting people off.  I figure I'm putting forward names for Dust to consider/investigate.  He'll make the decision.

Credo in Deum
Posted (edited)

If it was me I would put the submitted names on a big piece of cork-board. Then I would pick up a dart, close my eyes, and let God dictate the final outcome.

Edited by Credo in Deum
PhuturePriest
Posted

I nominate Winchester on grounds of being more popular than me.

HisChildForever
Posted

I'm not voting anyone off.

Posted

Except for a couple of things, I haven't really been paying attention to the drama. I know a lot of my friends have disappeared, and it doesn't seem the same anymore.

HisChildForever
Posted

Except for a couple of things, I haven't really been paying attention to the drama. I know a lot of my friends have disappeared, and it doesn't seem the same anymore.

 

I feel awkward in asking who left? I'm not on here much anymore.

Posted

I haven't noticed anyone going either, but then I stay mostly in Vocation Station and the Prayer Room, which is probably why.

 

I'm not voting anyone off either. The only people I can think of who did post very inappropriate things have already been banned.

veritasluxmea
Posted

I was thinking that your idea in another thread was interesting -- getting rid of ALL members and then having us start all over by registering again. Maybe we'd act differently towards each other if we had to choose new names and  didn't think we know who everybody is from years and years of posts. 

I would only like that if there was a guarantee I could have my username back. I wouldn't want someone else taking it before I had a chance to register and pretending they're me or something. I could see that happening, maybe not to me but probably to other members. 

Posted

Just wondering, is there a review or an appeals process for the soon-to-be banned? I.e., do the mods look for evidence of a history of troublesome posts, or is anyone whose name is submitted banned instantly? 

 

 

agreed. even people who I'd like to see voted off - I then think of all the good posts they've made. prayerful posts. helpful posts. I just can't bring myself to do it. 

 

how about just taking the guidelines seriously - and them actually getting enforced? those who are serious offenders will be banned in short order anyway. 

 

I agree with the above two posts.  I know awhile back, there was a list of the most warned on here - my suggestion would be to check against the list.  Otherwise, there is a danger of cliques developing to "gang up" on members that they may not like for whatever reason - just like junior high and high school.  (And please keep in mind that one lesson of the Arian heresy is that the majority can sometimes be wrong; and if we ban someone for simply stating the truth in a manner that some people may consider too strong for their tastes, we'd have to ban a lot of the Bible, including a lot of the things that Jesus and St. Paul said and wrote).

 

Like Lil Red said, if someone is really causing true harm, the guilty will get warned and banned in short order anyway.  

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...