veritasluxmea Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 Meh, I've been poking around for the past few days on the surface. I haven't really found anyone truly vicious and mean-spirited. Even the debate table is pretty mild, people post straight Catholic truth and no one bats an eye. idk, there's probably stuff going on I haven't noticed and there will probably be a few people who need to go, but it's not like this forum is on the verge of anarchy or collapse. Now catholic answers, on the other hand... ;)
CrossCuT Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 Maybe it would be helpful to redefine all the requirements for Church Militant? To include not only being true to church teaching but representing yourself in a positive way on the forums as well. Just a thought. Seems like everyone and their mother is Church Militant now so there doesnt seem to be much worth in it.
Lil Red Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 My mother hasn't gotten her CM title yet. I might've snort-laughed at this. :hehe:
Credo in Deum Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 (edited) Prop her then Conflict of interest/favoritism. Plus she is a big girl and can fight her own battles. She tough like that. Edited August 1, 2014 by Credo in Deum
Anastasia13 Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 (edited) This will take some heavy duty prayer. It just seems like such an overwhelming responsibility to condemn anyone to being banned. But I can understand why you are doing it. I was thinking that your idea in another thread was interesting -- getting rid of ALL members and then having us start all over by registering again. Maybe we'd act differently towards each other if we had to choose new names and didn't think we know who everybody is from years and years of posts. When will you decide? I just became Church Militant. Ok, at least I could change my name to something cooler. Still... Edited August 1, 2014 by Light and Truth
Anastasia13 Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 Maybe it would be helpful to redefine all the requirements for Church Militant? To include not only being true to church teaching but representing yourself in a positive way on the forums as well. Just a thought. Seems like everyone and their mother is Church Militant now so there doesn't seem to be much worth in it. Maybe record reasons for warnings and too many for being a jerk or misrepresenting church teachings results in change to Chummy? At any rate, the fate is in Dust's hands, if we are good, then with a good leader, we should have nothing to worry about.
Nunsense Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 I prayed about this during evening meditation and then through Evening Prayer. I just got back from Compline and have some free time so I thought I would see what's happening with this. I came to the same conclusion as so many on here -- I just can't see casting the first stone (or any stone for that matter) at someone else when I know my own failings so well. I would certainly like to see less use of derogatory adjectives when posting a reply to another person, especially in VS, but in the Debate Table, it has always seemed pretty much of an anything goes kind of forum as long as no one actually throws a body blow. I personally like DT for when I am feeling like arguing a point of view, but VS should stay gentler and kinder IMO. As for the rest of Phatmass, it doesn't seem too bad but then I don't read everything posted everywhere - not enough time or energy for all that. I like the idea of using how many times a person has been warned as in indicator of whether or not they are complying with phatmass rules, but apart from that, I simply can't submit anyone's name for possible banning. They would probably just sign up under another name anyway and start the same problems all over again. But what do I know? :) dUSt, do whatever you think is right. It's your phorum.
PhuturePriest Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 ^ Unless what you think is right is banning me. Then you're wrong.
Ash Wednesday Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 (edited) If we have to get new names and start over again, I got dibs on Chicken Militant. Just saying. But I like my name :-( Edited August 1, 2014 by Ash Wednesday
Lilllabettt Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 in case y'all wondering my new name would be easier to spell
Nunsense Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 I think we should all to have new names with no repeats of any old names -- that way we would have no idea who was who until people started posting. :p
OnlySunshine Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 I think we should all to have new names with no repeats of any old names -- that way we would have no idea who was who until people started posting. :P I have no idea what I'd choose in that case! I love my s/n. :)
Lil Red Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 in case y'all wondering my new name would be easier to spell thank GOD! no seriously, every time I spell your name, it looks wrong. LOL.
PhuturePriest Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 I would choose Hasan, or maybe even Hassan.
Nihil Obstat Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 I have been thinking about it and praying, and I could not put anyone's name in. I have had big disagreements with some people in the past, and I think some of that hurt feeling still lingers. For any and all of my responsibility in that, I sincerely apologize. Red and ICP, if you do happen to read this, I mean you especially. But anyone else who feels this applies to them as well, and do feel free to contact me. Please forgive me for failing at times in the past to live up to our Faith. But in terms of people by whom I feel I have been hurt in the past, I do not think I could ask for any of them to be banned. Anyone I have had conflict with... no, that is not a reason for me to want them gone. I did ask for Gnostic Christian Bishop to be banned. That was out of concern for questioning Catholics who might be led astray by his 'arguments'.
Nunsense Posted August 1, 2014 Posted August 1, 2014 I have been thinking about it and praying, and I could not put anyone's name in. I have had big disagreements with some people in the past, and I think some of that hurt feeling still lingers. For any and all of my responsibility in that, I sincerely apologize. Red and ICP, if you do happen to read this, I mean you especially. But anyone else who feels this applies to them as well, and do feel free to contact me. Please forgive me for failing at times in the past to live up to our Faith. But in terms of people by whom I feel I have been hurt in the past, I do not think I could ask for any of them to be banned. Anyone I have had conflict with... no, that is not a reason for me to want them gone. I did ask for Gnostic Christian Bishop to be banned. That was out of concern for questioning Catholics who might be led astray by his 'arguments'. Too late Nihil, I've already submitted your name for banning. But the good news is that if we all have to start over with new names, you can choose dUSt or L'il Red or ICP :p
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now