let_go_let_God Posted June 11, 2004 Author Posted June 11, 2004 [quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 10 2004, 10:21 PM'] I'm a big V, but I'm only 16. I hope that I manage to make it to marriage... i'll probably be the only one in my group that is a big v by the end of grade 11 [/quote] Scary isn't it. My class was very sexually active, or so my classmates said. One day they asked me if I could find proof in the Bible that premarital sex was wrong. I asked if I could bring another book too. They said sure why not. So I brout my Bible with over 20 sticky notes in it marking places and passages, against premarital sex and about 6 sections marked on premarital sex in the CCC. My classmates couldn't believe it and they left me alone from then on about being a big V. Our class was just blessed though that no one had gotten pregnent or gotten someone else pregnent. It was a first that had happened in anyones memory.
Iacobus Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 A few pregencies here in Stillman and Byron. But I am like, along with a FEW others, the only big V left and prolby the last NBK. And you know what? It makes me proud. Hehe.
HomeTeamFamily Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 i dont know what i am.....i guess im not nbk but definitely with my current gf im taking things more seriously on that front because it is most certainly a God-centered relationship.....so im kinda nbk......def the big V and proud
Philippe Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 [quote name='let_go_let_God' date='Jun 10 2004, 08:26 PM'] Scary isn't it. My class was very sexually active, or so my classmates said. One day they asked me if I could find proof in the Bible that premarital sex was wrong. I asked if I could bring another book too. They said sure why not. So I brout my Bible with over 20 sticky notes in it marking places and passages, against premarital sex and about 6 sections marked on premarital sex in the CCC. My classmates couldn't believe it and they left me alone from then on about being a big V. Our class was just blessed though that no one had gotten pregnent or gotten someone else pregnent. It was a first that had happened in anyones memory. [/quote] can u share the things u stickied or did u lose it ?
theculturewarrior Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 I'm not NBK. But am big V. Let me give you my perspective on this. I don't feel that I wasted my first kiss. It was special and I shared it with somebody I loved. That doesn't mean it was right though. Kids, (sounds patronizing but that's what you are ) a kiss is something very sexual. I'm not sure whether it has the same effect on women as on men, but kissing has a physiological effect on a man, and because of that, it leads to other things. I've "been kissed," but I have resolved to share my next kiss with my future wife at the altar (St. Raphael, pray for us!) That's the way things were done throughout most of Christian history, and that's how I want to do it. As far as the big V goes, there is a shame society attaches to V's, and it increases with age. How many of you think it is unhealthy for a 28 yr old to be a big V? Let me tell you, I know it is nothing like the shame of being separated from God. Gaurd your innocence. Don't let the world corrupt you. Wait until marriage...I assure you that this is best.
voiciblanche Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 Note about teenage preganancy - Obviously, premarital sex is wrong. However, let's try to remember the good in a teenage girl that goes through with her pregnancy! A few years ago, if I saw a pregnant teenager, I'd think, "Whoa. That's a [i] bad [/i] girl." (Let's keep in mind that I was about nine.) But now, I want to go up and hug the girls that I see with big tummies or little babies in strollers, because I know that THEY CHOSE LIFE! Please, never let the pregnant girl at your schools be mocked, because that could cause them to decide to abort their baby! And even though the act of the premarital sex was wrong, the pregnancy and the baby are still beautiful things! And we need to acknowledge that. And make sure that they know that we're proud that they chose life.
Philippe Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 voici ur such an amazing person considering ur age... a 20 year old couldnt have said it more right then you! God Bless You!
crusader1234 Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 Haha, way to go Amber. I think its funny, one of the biggest reasons that people get abortions is that they are ashamed they got pregnant. Who is responsible for making them ashamed? The same people who are pro-life...
voiciblanche Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 Thanks, LT (you need to give me a name, lol, unless you like LT) and Rich. God Bless You, too, LT!! And you, Rich.
prov31girl Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 I am unfortunately not an NBK, but I really wish I still was. I am trying to save my next kiss for my future husband (whoever he is), although it will be pretty durn tough. I am still a Big V and darn proud of it.
Philippe Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 i hope my first kiss can be the Gospels as a Priest
voiciblanche Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 (edited) Yeah! That's awesome, LT! My first kiss is gonna be the ground next to the Monstrance the next time I go to Adoration. That'd be dope. Edited June 11, 2004 by voiciblanche
ilovechrist Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 [quote name='let_go_let_God' date='Jun 10 2004, 11:22 PM'] I think most people in the kissing thread are NBK. You can't help but love it! :wub: [/quote] yeah you guys are quite the number. i'm with tcw, lankyswimmer, and those people that still have the big V. but i'm quite fine with the nbk behind me. my first kiss... age 13
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 I haven't been an NBK for about three years now, but I'm still a big V! w00t!
Maddalena Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 <~~~ I've never been kissed, and it makes be feel better to know that there are so many people who haven't. o_O Big V, too, obviously.
1337 k4th0l1x0r Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 I'm 22. Left the NBK club at 18, but I'm happily in the HNBKIAW (Have not been kissed in a while) club. I want my next one to be with my wife before the altar. Is that unrealistic? And I'm still hanging on to that V-Card. It's gonna come in handy some day.
Im4Him Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 I'm not NBK, but I wish I was. My first (and only) kiss was last year, and it was not very memorable. I am big V though.
1337 k4th0l1x0r Posted June 11, 2004 Posted June 11, 2004 [quote name='voiciblanche' date='Jun 11 2004, 12:53 AM'] Note about teenage preganancy - Obviously, premarital sex is wrong. However, let's try to remember the good in a teenage girl that goes through with her pregnancy! A few years ago, if I saw a pregnant teenager, I'd think, "Whoa. That's a [i] bad [/i] girl." (Let's keep in mind that I was about nine.) But now, I want to go up and hug the girls that I see with big tummies or little babies in strollers, because I know that THEY CHOSE LIFE! Please, never let the pregnant girl at your schools be mocked, because that could cause them to decide to abort their baby! And even though the act of the premarital sex was wrong, the pregnancy and the baby are still beautiful things! And we need to acknowledge that. And make sure that they know that we're proud that they chose life. [/quote] I agree. I have friends my age (lower to mid 20's) who see young single mothers as people to stay away from. I used to think this myself, but now I see the beauty that they've chosen life. I think if God called me to marry a single mother, I would accept that calling graciously. It'd be easier than marrying a woman who got an abortion. That would be impossible for me if she was unrepentant about it.
let_go_let_God Posted June 11, 2004 Author Posted June 11, 2004 [quote name='Maddalena' date='Jun 11 2004, 01:56 PM'] <~~~ I've never been kissed, and it makes be feel better to know that there are so many people who haven't. o_O Big V, too, obviously. [/quote] Maddalena that's why I thought it would be cool to start this thread. So much we see in school on tv over the internet and all over the media that kissing is the thing to do and premarital sex has no negitive effects. We should be proud of holding onto this gift of ourselves. LT With the things I stickied I think I took most of them out and I didn't highlight them. (Stupid move) I can probably go back through and find some of them in no time if you guys want. It will take a while to post them though because there is no chance that I can be on at all tommorow. I have my big audition, please pray that I feel better soon. Here's where I explain it if you want to see. [url="http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=13631&st=0&"]http://phorum.phatmass.com/index.php?showtopic=13631&st=0&[/url]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now