Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

N.b.k And Big V Unite!


Recommended Posts

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

where im from we have the highest teenage pregancy around (county-wise) and also as area/location as well.

many of my friends had their children in high school but i've always supported them in chosing life, and being the mother and parents that they were now call to be. just like voici said, give them smile, hug and thank them for having their beautiful children, most importantly love them! ;) their heros

its amazing, with showing them love and prayers, many of them have continued to work things out and are even marrying in the Church now! mind you they are all very young but are now doing the right thing in hope to make all better...

for all of us striving to do God's will, purity is the greatest thing! ....St. Raphael, the archangel, Pray for us!

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='Colleen' date='Jun 10 2004, 11:25 PM'] NBK and Big V! And I'm 19 and done with my first year of college. :cool: [/quote]
Yeah! That was me! I was 19 and a soph in college when I had my first kiss, and 22 and married when I gave away the Big V.

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

[quote name='Colleen' date='Jun 10 2004, 10:25 PM'] NBK and Big V! And I'm 19 and done with my first year of college. :cool: [/quote]
me too! me too!! :wave: :bounce:

whoo hoo!

Posted

[quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Jun 11 2004, 04:00 PM'] me too! me too!! :wave: :bounce:

whoo hoo! [/quote]
:D Cool!

[quote]Yeah! That was me! I was 19 and a soph in college when I had my first kiss, and 22 and married when I gave away the Big V. [/quote]

:cool: That's awesome.

Posted

I'm married....









But......









UM.......








I can admit that I am just padding my post count too. :spammer:

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

like katie. ....if i can be like katie



haha this is ironic im right now listening to Matt Maher's "Set Me Like A Seal On Your Heart" Song while im reading this thread...... :rolling:

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jun 11 2004, 03:02 PM'] I want my next one to be with my wife before the altar. Is that unrealistic?

[/quote]
Not really, I kissed 2 people before I met Matthew, which I kind of regret (although the first guy I honestly thought was the real thing for awhile... I have no excuse for kissing the second :(), but Matt didn't kiss anyone (except in the first grade...) before me. We didn't kiss until we were engaged. He had actually planned to wait until he was married and had made bets with a couple of his siblings (he lost about 300 bucks, I don't suggest you make any bets unless you KNOW you will win). lol I know a few other people who waited until they were married--one couple even bypassed the "altar kiss" and waited until after the reception when they were alone. It takes willpower, and while I am glad we kissed before we were married I think its totally beautiful when people decide to wait.

IcePrincessKRS
Posted

[quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Jun 11 2004, 05:04 PM'] like katie. ....if i can be like katie



haha this is ironic im right now listening to Matt Maher's "Set Me Like A Seal On Your Heart" Song while im reading this thread...... :rolling: [/quote]
:blush: I'm not perfect by any means. Try to be better than me. :P

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted (edited)

I recommend everyone read [url="http://www.catholic.com/chastity/pure_love.asp"]Pure Love[/url] if you haven't already. It changed my attitude on relationships forever.

Edit: They took most of the paragraphs down from this site. Grr... It was such a great resource too.

Another Edit: I waybacked it and found it for anyone who wants it. [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20021206095016/http://www.catholic.com/chastity/pure_love.asp"]Pure Love[/url]

Edited by 1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jun 11 2004, 04:14 PM'] I recommend everyone read [url="http://www.catholic.com/chastity/pure_love.asp"]Pure Love[/url] if you haven't already. It changed my attitude on relationships forever.

Edit: They took most of the paragraphs down from this site. Grr... It was such a great resource too.

Another Edit: I waybacked it and found it for anyone who wants it. [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20021206095016/http://www.catholic.com/chastity/pure_love.asp"]Pure Love[/url] [/quote]
My poor Mama tried to get me to read that, and I never did but that was when I didn't really care if I was Catholic or anything, for that matter. *clicks the link*

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

Pure Love is a good booklet. I have a copy.

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jun 11 2004, 04:14 PM'] I recommend everyone read [url="http://www.catholic.com/chastity/pure_love.asp"]Pure Love[/url] if you haven't already.  It changed my attitude on relationships forever.

Edit: They took most of the paragraphs down from this site.  Grr... It was such a great resource too.

Another Edit: I waybacked it and found it for anyone who wants it. [url="http://web.archive.org/web/20021206095016/http://www.catholic.com/chastity/pure_love.asp"]Pure Love[/url] [/quote]
OH MY GOODNESS!! (yes, i actually said that hahaha)

you found it online!!

this is awesome!! :balloons: thank you for finding it!!! :banana:

I was so sad when they no longer had it online but you are good! :notworthy:

this book is awesome! tell your friends to read it, read it yourself, jason evert is amazing! (he takes his stuff right from Pope JPII!! :sweat: )

YAY FOR 1337 k4th0l1x0r! YOU DA MAN! :dance: :rolling:

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

You're welcome. I've already posted it over at Catholicboard forums in the proper section. You can find any old thing with the wayback machine at [url="http://www.archive.org"]archive.org[/url].

God Bless
Jay

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

awesome. im gonna go look! :nerd:

hey did you guys know that the Pope blesses newlywed couples? as long as its within a year from when you've gotten married. he has a special mass and you come up in your wedding dress (and the husband in his tux) and recieve a special blessing!!

i want to do that when i get married i would probably die from happiness :lol: if that ever happened! a marriage blessed by the Pope Himself!! :married:

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

Coolness. I think I'm going to have to do that when I get married also. It'd also be a really good excuse to go to Italy.

ilovechrist
Posted

[quote name='littleflower' date='JMJ+Jun 11 2004, 07:05 PM'] i want to do that when i get married i would probably die from happiness :lol: if that ever happened! a marriage blessed by the Pope Himself!! :married: [/quote]
i'd die from happiness if i even got to meet the Pope at all :cool:

1337 k4th0l1x0r
Posted

[quote name='ilovechrist' date='Jun 11 2004, 06:21 PM'] i'd die from happiness if i even got to meet the Pope at all :cool: [/quote]
Mine and DojoGrant's Europe trip next year is going to include a Papal Mass at the Vatican. All the more reason to go. We're gonna try to see if we can get an audience with the Pope, but a Mass would be plenty.

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

yaeh just seeing him would do the trick since never seen him at all :weep:

which is why im sad i didnt get to go to WYD in Canada, probably my only chance i could have seen him! :cry:

but hey anything is possible with God so who knows?

i think if i get to see the Pope just once in my lifetime everything else would just amount to little details :lol:

littleflower+JMJ
Posted

[quote name='1337 k4th0l1x0r' date='Jun 11 2004, 06:18 PM'] Coolness. I think I'm going to have to do that when I get married also. It'd also be a really good excuse to go to Italy. [/quote]
haha that would be a cool....a honeymoon to Italy? :pope: to see the pope of course..

Thy Geekdom Come
Posted

[quote] haha that would be a cool....a honeymoon to Italy?  to see the pope of course..
[/quote]

If you have a Honeymoon in Italy, make sure you spend some time on the Isle of Capri off the coast of Naples. It's beautiful!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...