dUSt Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 The "Top Contributors" list is now accurate, I think. Congrats to @Lil Red for being the top phatmass contributor of all time. Hooray for @Credo in Deum for being the top contributor this year. Yay for @Ash Wednesday for being the top contributor this month. Way to go @nunsense for this week!
Nihil Obstat Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 Love it. I am happy now. Next goal is to be the second most propped of all time.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 Love it. I am happy now. Next goal is to be the second most propped of all time. If this weren't Lent, I would expect a contest to start about now. <wink>
Ash Wednesday Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 *shrug* Enjoy those stats while FuturePriest is away for Lent.
dUSt Posted March 16, 2015 Author Posted March 16, 2015 *shrug* Enjoy those stats while FuturePriest is away for Lent. I'm willing to bet that the post/props ratio for @PhuturePriest is lower than the average. lol
Nihil Obstat Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 I would be interested in seeing post/prop ratio on a site-wide scale. Lol. If you have raw data stored somewhere, throw it on a spreadsheet so we can figure it out.
dUSt Posted March 16, 2015 Author Posted March 16, 2015 I'm at 43% prop ratio. PhuturePriest is 34% Lil Red is 32% Winchester is 39% Nihil, you're at 23% lol Credo is at a whopping 79% somehow (I'm chalking it up to cheating)
Nihil Obstat Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 That is what happens when you post as much as me. Really you should be thanking me for the traffic.
Nunsense Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 I liked it the way it was, I was top in everything for a fleeting moment! There seems to be a correlation between the number of posts and the number of props - how scientific is that?
truthfinder Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 If I did the math correctly, I'm also at a 43% prop-to-post ratio. Not that I care or anything.
Nunsense Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 If I did the math correctly, I'm also at a 43% prop-to-post ratio. Not that I care or anything. Yeah, if numbers matter, I'm not doing too bad either. Aren't statistics fun?
Nihil Obstat Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 I liked it the way it was, I was top in everything for a fleeting moment! There seems to be a correlation between the number of posts and the number of props - how scientific is that? I will need to see a regression line and error reporting before I can make any firm conclusions.
Nunsense Posted March 16, 2015 Posted March 16, 2015 I will need to see a regression line and error reporting before I can make any firm conclusions.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 One factor that affects the meaningfulness of these prop to post ratios is that the phorum has gone through periods of time when there were no props at all, and and also times when a post could get negtive props. I even vaguely remember the props counts being reset, at least once (however I could be wrong about that). I don't remember whether this was due to a system change or because some posters were harassing other posters by using all their props to systematically give negative props to the posts of people they disliked, thus lowering their prop count.
Nihil Obstat Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 One factor that affects the meaningfulness of these prop to post ratios is that the phorum has gone through periods of time when there were no props at all, and and also times when a post could get negtive props. I even vaguely remember the props counts being reset, at least once (however I could be wrong about that). I don't remember whether this was due to a system change or because some posters were harassing other posters by using all their props to systematically give negative props to the posts of people they disliked, thus lowering their prop count. There was even a time when Lame Board posts did not count towards your post total. What interesting times those were.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 As Nihil said above, there have been long periods when Lame Board posts did not count in the post count total. I have no idea whether there was a similar policy toward props given in Lame Board. Have Lame Board props always counted toward total props? Depending on what the phorum's policy was at any given time concerning props for Lame Board posts and props for Lame Board posts, that could also affect prop/post ratios--particularly for someone who made a lot of posts in Lame Board, or someone who made few, if any Lame Board posts.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted March 17, 2015 Posted March 17, 2015 Revised second paragraph: Depending on the phorum's policy at any given time concerning props for Lame Board posts, and whether Lame Board posts counted toward total posts, those policies would affect prop/post ratios--particularly for someone who either made a lot of posts in Lame Board, or someone who rarely, if ever, posted in Lame Board.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now