Ash Wednesday Posted March 28, 2015 Author Posted March 28, 2015 @Gabriela I'm more or less paleo now...every time I gut out grains and dairy my eczema seems to get better, I'd love to talk paleo with you sometime.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 Since then I have decided to add two more things I feel are essential. Are care packages supposed to be things that are essential? Or special treats that either aren't available or that you wouldn't buy for yourself? My list could be considerably longer, if I gave it some thought. The only absolutely essential thing would be my cat. I made a promise to take care of her when I adopted her as a rescue cat 8 years ago. She'd had a tough life and had lived in five homes in her two years. She came very close to being euthanized by her former owners because they did not want to take the time to figure out what was medically wrong with her. (Their vet was shockingly inept. It took my vet 5 minutes to diagnose the problem and come up with a solution.) I would not willingly break my promise.
Gabriela Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 I'm more or less paleo now...every time I gut out grains and dairy my eczema seems to get better, I'd love to talk paleo with you sometime. Totally. Let's do that. I found some AMAZING recipes that make my life just wonderful!
Ash Wednesday Posted March 28, 2015 Author Posted March 28, 2015 Are care packages supposed to be things that are essential? Or special treats that either aren't available or that you wouldn't buy for yourself? My list could be considerably longer, if I gave it some thought. The only absolutely essential thing would be my cat. I made a promise to take care of her when I adopted her as a rescue cat 8 years ago. She'd had a tough life and had lived in five homes in her two years. She came very close to being euthanized by her former owners because they did not want to take the time to figure out what was medically wrong with her. (Their vet was shockingly inept. It took my vet 5 minutes to diagnose the problem and come up with a solution.) I would not willingly break my promise. A care package can be whatever you want them to be
HopefulHeart Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 A gift card to a bookstore (thanks to beatitude for that idea) A dozen bagels in assorted flavors A bar of good chocolate A container of Trader Joe's Spiced Apple Cider An encouraging note from a friend A spiritual mind irrigation device for removing dryness in prayer (still waiting for that one to get on the market )
Credo in Deum Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 They just threw it in a cardboard box with a fragile sticker and that was that. Three days door to door. Same thing happened here in the states when I ordered my Romanian PSL. It was an amesome feeling. I felt like Ralphie from 'A Christmas Story'!
CatherineM Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 Chicken Fried Steak sandwich from Del Rancho's in OKC. Grouper Sandwich from the Hurricane in St. Pete Smoked Mullet from Ted Peter's in St. Pete. Tamales from my Godmother Chocolate Chip Cookies from my Mom Sheath Cake from my Grandmother. Slawdog from Papaya King. Key Lime Pie from Mike's Pies in Tampa. Lamb Fries from Cattleman's Steakhouse in Stockyard City, OKC. Cherry Limeaide from Braum's in OKC. Egg Cream from Kaiser's in OKC Hideaway Pizza from Stillwater, OK. Broasted Chicken from Chicken in the Rough
Gabriela Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 Are care packages supposed to be things that are essential? Or special treats that either aren't available or that you wouldn't buy for yourself? My list could be considerably longer, if I gave it some thought. A care package is supposed to contain all the things you'd need to get you through a gender dysphoric breakdown. So, aim high!
puellapaschalis Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 A care package is supposed to contain all the things you'd need to get you through a gender dysphoric breakdown. So, aim high! St. Michael to help vanquish that pesky @OriginalSin?
Gabriela Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 Same thing happened here in the states when I ordered my Romanian PSL. It was an amesome feeling. I felt like Ralphie from 'A Christmas Story'! Srsly? Did it have to cross state lines? I had no idea this was legal...
Credo in Deum Posted March 28, 2015 Posted March 28, 2015 (edited) Srsly? Did it have to cross state lines? I had no idea this was legal... Rifles, maybe. Pistols, or anything considered a handgun, have to be shipped to a licensed dealer. If you have a dealers license then you can ship it to yourself. In short, I want a dealers license. Edit: I changed it to maybe since come to think of it -its been a long time- I actually had my PSL shipped to a licensed dealer. Then the ATF wanted it back so they had me ship it to them via UPS. They then shipped it back to me, direct to my home, via UPS. Edited March 28, 2015 by Credo in Deum
Basilisa Marie Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 Mint chocolate chip icecream an espresso machine with Stumptown coffee beans Bon Brie cheese from Wisconsin A box of even grain size 3 Vandoren V12 clarinet reeds A big gift card for books and e-books high quality over ear headphones Ketel One vodka
PhuturePriest Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 Gift cards are stupid and meaningless. Give me money. Lots and lots of money. That says "I love you and care about you" more than a corny "get well" card ever could.
Basilisa Marie Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 Gift cards are stupid and meaningless. Give me money. Lots and lots of money. That says "I love you and care about you" more than a corny "get well" card ever could. Gift cards are amesome. It's free money! That says "I love you and know you like this particular thing but I'm not sure of the specifics so I'll leave those up to you."
PhuturePriest Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 Gift cards are amesome. It's free money! That says "I love you and know you like this particular thing but I'm not sure of the specifics so I'll leave those up to you." Sorry, I didn't mean gift cards, I meant Hallmark cards.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 Sorry, I didn't mean gift cards, I meant Hallmark cards. Some people who care about you may not have extra money to give you. I'm not supporting Hallmark necessarily--I don't like virtually all their cards. But, sometimes, an honest expression of caring is better than any gift of money.
Credo in Deum Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 Lots of CDs filled with Ven. Archbishop Fulton J. Sheen amesomeness! Perfect for spiritual pick me ups during lunch time, car rides, and just times when you need the wisdom of God delivered in a easy and clear to understand way.
PhuturePriest Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 Some people who care about you may not have extra money to give you. I'm not supporting Hallmark necessarily--I don't like virtually all their cards. But, sometimes, an honest expression of caring is better than any gift of money. I don't think you quite grasp when I'm being sarcastic.
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted March 29, 2015 Posted March 29, 2015 I don't think you quite grasp when I'm being sarcastic. No, I don't. Perhaps you could add some emoticons or something? Because I can't see your face or tone of voice, it's hard sometimes.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now