An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Care Package Thread

Ash Wednesday

Grace

"Family-size" bag of Cool Ranch Doritos (thanks, FP)

Faith

Giant canister of good hot cocoa powder

Hope

DVDs with every episode of Downton Abbey, Bomb Girls, Call the Midwife, and Parenthood

Love

Big bottle of some new, delicious eliquid I haven't discovered yet

A quiet mind

10-gallon bucket of Ben & Jerry's Mint Chocolate Cookie

"The gift of prayer"

Gift card for 10 free 1-hour massages

Humility

Nihil Obstat

I ordered a rifle that shipped from Vancouver via a regular courier company. They just threw it in a cardboard box with a fragile sticker and that was that. :hehe: Three days door to door.

Ash Wednesday

If you miss WA you will also want some Chucks Donuts in that list.  Best maple bars ever!

​I recently had to cut out gluten and dairy.... so that made my care package considerably shorter. :( Otherwise, I'd want a big jar of the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf cocoa powder. That's California and not Washington, but still. :(

​I recently had to cut out gluten and dairy.... so that made my care package considerably shorter. :( Otherwise, I'd want a big jar of the Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf cocoa powder. That's California and not Washington, but still. :(

​I recently went Paleo. But it's a care package, so you know... whatevaz. ;)

Ash Wednesday

@Gabriela I'm more or less paleo now...every time I gut out grains and dairy my eczema seems to get better, I'd love to talk paleo with you sometime. 

IgnatiusofLoyola

Since then I have decided to add two more things I feel are essential.

​Are care packages supposed to be things that are essential? Or special treats that either aren't available or that you wouldn't buy for yourself?

My list could be considerably longer, if I gave it some thought.

The only absolutely essential thing would be my cat. I made a promise to take care of her when I adopted her as a rescue cat 8 years ago. She'd had a tough life and had lived in five homes in her two years. She came very close to being euthanized by her former owners because they did not want to take the time to figure out what was medically wrong with her. (Their vet was shockingly inept. It took my vet 5 minutes to diagnose the problem and come up with a solution.) I would not willingly break my promise.

I'm more or less paleo now...every time I gut out grains and dairy my eczema seems to get better, I'd love to talk paleo with you sometime. 

​Totally. Let's do that. I found some AMAZING recipes that make my life just wonderful! :)

Ash Wednesday

​Are care packages supposed to be things that are essential? Or special treats that either aren't available or that you wouldn't buy for yourself?

My list could be considerably longer, if I gave it some thought.

The only absolutely essential thing would be my cat. I made a promise to take care of her when I adopted her as a rescue cat 8 years ago. She'd had a tough life and had lived in five homes in her two years. She came very close to being euthanized by her former owners because they did not want to take the time to figure out what was medically wrong with her. (Their vet was shockingly inept. It took my vet 5 minutes to diagnose the problem and come up with a solution.) I would not willingly break my promise.

A care package can be whatever you want them to be :) ​

HopefulHeart

A gift card to a bookstore (thanks to beatitude for that idea)

A dozen bagels in assorted flavors

A bar of good chocolate

A container of Trader Joe's Spiced Apple Cider

An encouraging note from a friend

A spiritual mind irrigation device for removing dryness in prayer (still waiting for that one to get on the market :P)

Credo in Deum

They just threw it in a cardboard box with a fragile sticker and that was that. :hehe: Three days door to door.

Same thing happened here in the states when I ordered my Romanian PSL.  It was an amesome feeling.  I felt like Ralphie from 'A Christmas Story'!

Chicken Fried Steak sandwich from Del Rancho's in OKC. 

Grouper Sandwich from the Hurricane in St. Pete

Smoked Mullet from Ted Peter's in St. Pete.

Tamales from my Godmother

Chocolate Chip Cookies from my Mom

Sheath Cake from my Grandmother.

Slawdog from Papaya King.

Key Lime Pie from Mike's Pies in Tampa.

Lamb Fries from Cattleman's Steakhouse in Stockyard City, OKC.

Cherry Limeaide from Braum's in OKC.

Egg Cream from Kaiser's in OKC

Hideaway Pizza from Stillwater, OK.

Broasted Chicken from Chicken in the Rough

My list could be considerably longer, if I gave it some thought.​

A care package is supposed to contain all the things you'd need to get you through a gender dysphoric breakdown.

So, aim high! ;)

puellapaschalis

A care package is supposed to contain all the things you'd need to get you through a gender dysphoric breakdown.

So, aim high! ;)

​St. Michael to help vanquish that pesky @OriginalSin?

Same thing happened here in the states when I ordered my Romanian PSL.  It was an amesome feeling.  I felt like Ralphie from 'A Christmas Story'!

​Srsly? Did it have to cross state lines?

I had no idea this was legal... :wacko: