Winchester Posted April 7, 2015 Posted April 7, 2015 Wrong. I was gone for four days, which, if my memory of the baseball game I went to a few years ago is correct, is the time of one inning. That's how it feels, but it's a turn-based system. My analogy is flawless.
Winchester Posted April 7, 2015 Posted April 7, 2015 One of my favorite things I've gotten is homemade soap. I also love to receive hand-written letters, pictures from kids, and candles. Oh, and incense!
IgnatiusofLoyola Posted April 7, 2015 Posted April 7, 2015 There are some expressions of caring that command a high price on the market. Quite true. However, if one has to pay for the "expression," I'd have doubts about the extent to which there is any honest caring involved, particularly if there are large sums of money involved.
truthfinder Posted April 7, 2015 Posted April 7, 2015 When you employ sarcasm on the internet and it doesn't work, you either apologize (if it went horribly wrong) or you double down, ramping up the sarcasm so as to appear increasingly horrible until such point as your audience recognizes your sarcasm or writes you off entirely as a monster. Becoming defensive about the misinterpretation of the sarcasm is always a mistake, unless the defensiveness is intentionally being played for laughs. When none of this comes across, it's best to find some self-deprecating way of pointing out that the joke went poorly. Audiences love an underdog. Winchester's now giving masterclasses. Excellent.
Winchester Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 Quite true. However, if one has to pay for the "expression," I'd have doubts about the extent to which there is any honest caring involved, particularly if there are large sums of money involved. High prices indicate a great deal of care about the goods being exchanged. Otherwise, the prices would be low.
Lil Red Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 Black jelly beans liquor wine good coffee dark chocolate (the darker the better) black licorice handmade stuff (like soap) nail polish/beauty stuffs a thoughtful card
franciscanheart Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 (edited) I once sent some PIMP Pads. http://partypantspads.com/ Edited April 8, 2015 by franciscanheart
Lil Red Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 that reminds me of SIMP It's really strange how often I have this song in my head.
franciscanheart Posted April 8, 2015 Posted April 8, 2015 I can't even tell you how much I dislike Ph&F. MAKES. ME. NUTS.
OriginalSin Posted April 9, 2015 Posted April 9, 2015 St. Michael to help vanquish that pesky @OriginalSin? Oh hai. I definitely belong in this thread. I think that if you don't understand why people don't understand your sarcasm, you don't understand sarcasm. That being said, my ideal care package involves apples. Lots and lots of apples.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now