An Old School Catholic Message Board

Props are now up and down +/-

dUSt

The prop (reputation) system is now positive and negative. Now you can use props to "not like" a post. This will also decrease a member's reputation score.

I made the negative prop limit much smaller than the positive prop limit.

I think this will more accurately reflect a user's "reputation".

Also, unlike in the past, the negative props are not anonymous--so people will be able to see who liked or disliked posts.

I will use negative props for posts that are rude and uncharitable, and not for things I simply disagree with.

I hope this will motivate people to not only think about what they post, but how they are posting it.

Let the complaining (or negative props) begin...

Edited by dUSt

Nihil Obstat

I would rather we not do this. I thought the negative points from before encouraged a lot of hostility. But I'd you think it will work, I guess I will give it a try.

I notice I have already gotten one negative somewhere.

I would rather we not do this. I thought the negative points from before encouraged a lot of hostility. But I'd you think it will work, I guess I will give it a try.

​LOL. I disliked your nazi cat picture. As a general rule, I will generally negative prop any type of nazi propganda. hahaha

IgnatiusofLoyola

​Like Nihil, I have concerns, although this new system of "ups and downs" addresses some of my concerns based on past experience.

@dUSt, it looks as if you have thought this through, so I'll see what happens. I know you are always doing your best to make Phatmass the best it can be.

Edited by IgnatiusofLoyola

I know which post you mean. It just seems like you would have to be a bit touched in the head to want to call it Nazi propaganda.

​Actually, I was looking for a post to test the negative prop feature. A picture of a cat wearing a swastika just seemed right.

PhuturePriest

I'm curious to see how long it takes for this to get so abused that you decide to take it off.

I tried voting down  just cause, but it appears I cant. It says I have a limit of 1 per day but I havent voted anyone down yet.

PhuturePriest

​Actually, I was looking for a post to test the negative prop feature. A picture of a cat wearing a swastika just seemed right.

​Do negative props decrease overall prop count?

Nihil Obstat

You should even it out then. 

​Justice is served.

​Do negative props decrease overall prop count?

​They do.