An Old School Catholic Message Board

Confidential meeting seeks to sway-synod to accept same-sex unions

Lilllabettt

Nihil Obstat

Yeah that would be pretty all right too. Unfortunately probably even less likely.:(

This has been brewing for too long now, and they have been given too much latitude in forming their error.

Nihil Obstat

I'm not getting my knickers in a twist about this one.  Wishful thinking, never going to happen.

You know, I do hate to be this person, but this comment is bothering me. Catherine, it makes it sound as if you wish that the Church would accept homosexual relationships, but consider that to be wishful thinking. I am sure you would want to clarify if your meaning was not clear.

PhuturePriest

Perhaps it's just me, but I read Catherine's post as saying it's wishful thinking on the part of the clergy involved in this meeting, but perhaps I read it wrong. Or I'm psychic, which is also totally plausible. 

Nihil Obstat

Perhaps it's just me, but I read Catherine's post as saying it's wishful thinking on the part of the clergy involved in this meeting, but perhaps I read it wrong. Or I'm psychic, which is also totally plausible. 

I would think you are probably correct. We have all had times where something we typed up ended up being far more ambiguous than we intended. Hence an invitation to clarify before anything else.

You know, I do hate to be this person, but this comment is bothering me. Catherine, it makes it sound as if you wish that the Church would accept homosexual relationships, but consider that to be wishful thinking. I am sure you would want to clarify if your meaning was not clear.

​I think you are reading too much into it.  Wishful thinking on their part.

I really do wish the church would get out of the legal marriage business alltogehter.  Like you'd have civil marriage  and then a ceremony in your own religion which the religion is 100% in charge of.  That way the catholic chursch could be supportive of a nation's decisions but then also say that "hey, that isn't Catholic marriage"  And allow only those who are catholically married to adopt and whatnot.

franciscanheart

Yeah, Nihil Obstat, I think you took that one way out into left field. I read Catherine as saying that they (those who would support same-sex marriage) are involved in wishful thinking; the Church will never approve.

KnightofChrist

The Heterodox bishops and cardinals will try to change the teachings of the Church. They will do so by being very deceitful by saying they are just changing discipline and not doctrine. I believe they are too powerful and too far gone, they have invested far to much in their ideology to give up on it. They will try to change the teachings of the Church. They will fail but hopeful they will fail without a great schism.

Nihil Obstat

Yeah, Nihil Obstat, I think you took that one way out into left field. I read Catherine as saying that they (those who would support same-sex marriage) are involved in wishful thinking; the Church will never approve.

Mistakes happen. I do not think my probable misreading of the post led me to be rude or aggressive.

franciscanheart

Mistakes happen. I do not think my probable misreading of the post led me to be rude or aggressive.

​I don't think I suggested you were being rude or aggressive. Are you reading into my post, too?! :lol: 

Nihil Obstat

​I don't think I suggested you were being rude or aggressive. Are you reading into my post, too?! :lol: 

I never suggested that you suggested that. Are you reading into mine?

Screen_shot_2012-01-18_at_5.28.23_PM.png

franciscanheart

I never suggested that you suggested that. Are you reading into mine?

Screen_shot_2012-01-18_at_5.28.23_PM.png

​Why even mention it? :smile3:

PhuturePriest

This is so intense and awkward for everyone involved. :smile3:

Edited by PhuturePriest

IgnatiusofLoyola

I think becoming a salesman is turning me all Type-A. :|

​Yeah, maybe some, especially lately. However, I think I know enough of what's underneath (even if I don't know a lot) to put your posts into some kind of context. Also, I know you have Katy to help keep you in line. :) One very important purpose of a loving spouse is to remind their husband/wife that they are only human, and that the personality we are expected to exhibit publicly on the job isn't necessarily ideal, or who we aspire to be on the inside. :cool: (Note: That particular emo has at least two titles, but it will always be "joecool" to me. ;)

Nihil Obstat

​Why even mention it? :smile3:

Because that is my concern for myself. Whether or not I misunderstand someone, fine. That is a question of facts. Easily corrected. If I misunderstand someone and it causes me to treat them in a way that is uncalled for, that is less easily corrected and not something I would want to brush aside.

In this case I believe it was simply a mistake of fact. So all is well.