An Old School Catholic Message Board

Confidential meeting seeks to sway-synod to accept same-sex unions

Lilllabettt

Nihil Obstat

certainly?

How are you tow so confident on your timetables?

According to the substantial corpus of approved Catholic eschatological prophecy, there are several major conditions that will be met before the beginning of the chastisement.

According to the substantial corpus of approved Catholic eschatological prophecy, there are several major conditions that will be met before the beginning of the chastisement.

​are these based off of private revelations?

KnightofChrist

​Well Eschatology in the Church is the doctrine of the Last Things and it is built upon Sacred Scripture. Private revelations often complement it.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Nihil Obstat

Inherently, yes. But these private revelations are formally approved, there are very many of them, and even across very vast cultural, linguistic, and temporal contexts they tend to be in remarkably close agreement with each other. That is why those approved eschatological prophecies, when read in the light of Revelation, are worth taking seriously. 

Benedictus

Why must it always be my German brothers? Can't the fault lie in those goody-goody Poles just once?

​They've been doing it since Luther, it's tradition :smokey:  It's probbaly because they are often the best educated clergy and the most direct at speaking their mind.

Benedictus

List of Participants Who Attended Gregorian 'Shadow Council'

BISHOPS:

Cardinal Reinhard Marx, president of the German Bishops’ Conference, Archbishop of Munich and Freising

Archbishop Georges Pontier, president of the French Bishops’ Conference, Archbishop of Marseille

Bishop Markus Büchel, president of the Swiss Bishops’ Conference, Bishop of St. Gallen

Bishop Franz-Josef Bode of Osnabrück, Germany

Bishop Heiner Koch of Dresden-Meißen, Germany

Bishop Felix Gmür of Basel, Switzerland

Bishop Jean-Marie Lovey of Sitten, Switzerland

Bishop Bruno Ann-Marie Feillet of Reims, France

Bishop Jean-Luc Brunin of Le Havre, France

PROFESSORS/PRIESTS:

Father Hans Langendörfer SJ, secretary general, German Bishops Conference

Father Hans Zollner SJ, professor of psychology, vice-rector, Pontifical Gregorian University

Father Achim Buckenmaier, professor of dogmatic theology in the "Akademie für die Theologie des Volkes Gottes" Institute of the Pontifical Lateran University, Rome; consultor to the Pontifical Council for Promoting the New Evangelization

Father Andreas R. Batlogg SJ, professor of philosophy and theology, chief editor Stimmen der Zeit

Father Alain Thomasset SJ, professor of moral theology at Centre Sèvres, France 

Father Humberto Miguel Yañez SJ, dean of moral theology, Pontifical Gregorian University

Father Eberhard Schockenhoff, professor of moral theology at the Albert-Ludwigs-Universität Freiburg, Germany

Father Philippe Bordeyne, professor of theology, Institut Catholique de Paris

Professor Thomas Söding, professor of biblical theology at Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Germany

Professor Werner G. Jeanrond, theologian, Master of St Benet’s Hall, Oxford, England

Professor François Xavier Amherdt, theologian, University of Fribourg, Switzerland

Professor Erwin Dirscherl, dogmatic theologian, University of Regensburg, Germany

Professor Monique Baujard, director, Service National Famille et Société at the French bishops’ conference

Professor Eva Maria Faber, dogmatic and fundamental theologian and rector of Chur Theological College, Switzerland

Professor Thierry Collaud, theologian, University of Fribourg, Switzerland

Professor Francine Charoy, professor of moral theology, Institut Catholique de Paris

Professor Anne-Marie Pelletier, biblicist at the European Institute of Science of Religions (IESR)

OTHER:

Msgr. Markus Graulich SDB, prelate auditor of the tribunal of the Roman Rota

Marco Impagliazzo, President of Sant’Egidio lay community

MEDIA:

Simon Hehli, journalist, Neue Zürcher Zeitung

Tilmann Kleinjung, ARD television correspondent

Michael Bewerunge, ZDF television correspondent

Jörg Bremer, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Vatican and Italy correspondent

Frédéric Mounier, correspondent, La Croix, Catholic daily, France

Marco Ansaldo, journalist, La Repubblica (Italian daily)

Antoine-Marie Izoard, director, I-Media French Catholic news agency, Rome

Father Bernd Hagenkord SJ, director of Vatican Radio (German edition)

​This seems mostly a German and Swiss meeting. They have big influence, and always have, but if it was covert they'd not have asked the media! If they were going to have an EU level drive  there would be clergy from Holland, Austria and Ireland for sure. I suspect there are meetings all the time, and most people won't know about them...

Edited by Benedictus

KnightofChrist

​This seems mostly a German and Swiss meeting. They have big influence, and always have, but if it was covert they'd not have asked the media! If they were going to have an EU level drive  there would be clergy from Holland, Austria and Ireland for sure. I suspect there are meetings all the time, and most people won't know about them...

​Nah, it was covert, and they invited friendly media pals to control what would and would not be released to the public, to give it a good spin. Mr. Pentin messed that all up for them. Thank goodness.

puellapaschalis

​Believe it or not, the Dutch hierarchy has been slowly and steadily improving over the past fifteen years or so. I don't think many of the bishops would have been in that particular in-crowd.

Nihil Obstat

​Nah, it was covert, and they invited friendly media pals to control what would and would not be released to the public, to give it a good spin. Mr. Pentin messed that all up for them. Thank goodness.

Seems like an upstanding guy. I was just thinking back to his coverage of the first part of the Synod and how Kasper essentially tried to discredit him. 

KnightofChrist

Seems like an upstanding guy. I was just thinking back to his coverage of the first part of the Synod and how Kasper essentially tried to discredit him. 

​Yes, I remember Card. Kasper tried to deny he made offensive and basically racist remarks against the African bishops. Good thing for Mr Pentin recorded the interview.

Benedictus

​Believe it or not, the Dutch hierarchy has been slowly and steadily improving over the past fifteen years or so. I don't think many of the bishops would have been in that particular in-crowd.

​Interesting. Maybe some of them moved to Belgium:topsy:. In recent years their Bishops seem to want to take the mantle from Holland :oAlthough, I doubt that changes the decline in Holland though? My understanding is the bishops there have made it clear many parishes will need to close regardless of the the leadership in place.

Benedictus

​The views they have are hardly a secret, it's fairly old public knowledge. Cardinal Marx has even outlined some of his views at massses more than once. There will always be meetings of people with different ideas trying to find ways to influence things. I'm not surprised in the slightest and I doubt the Vatican is either. The Pope has said he wants people to speak freely and openly about where they are at on issues. So, well, they are doing it. Pope Benedict was able to dampen the German and Swiss faction because of his connections to them and the respect he held. However, even that was very strained. Pope Francis I am not so sure, although he may benefit from allowing people to vent frustrations even if he doesn't really change anything. It will be interesting to see how the synod plays out.

KnightofChrist

​The views they have are hardly a secret, it's fairly old public knowledge. Cardinal Marx has even outlined some of his views at massses more than once. There will always be meetings of people with different ideas trying to find ways to influence things. I'm not surprised in the slightest and I doubt the Vatican is either. The Pope has said he wants people to speak freely and openly about where they are at on issues. So, well, they are doing it. Pope Benedict was able to dampen the German and Swiss faction because of his connections to them and the respect he held. However, even that was very strained. Pope Francis I am not so sure, although he may benefit from allowing people to vent frustrations even if he doesn't really change anything. It will be interesting to see how the synod plays out.

​I agree that their motives are known, most of them anyway, but we aren't going to agree about this meetings covertness to hijack the Synod in October.

Edited by KnightofChrist

Nihil Obstat

One might have hoped that being so open in their errors and presumption might have drawn swift condemnation from the Holy Father and the rest of the episcopate. I have said from the start that allowing these questions to be up for debate is unwise and imprudent. But, fiat voluntas tua.