An Old School Catholic Message Board

Confidential meeting seeks to sway-synod to accept same-sex unions

Lilllabettt

PhuturePriest

​No, most people won't be able to afford vitro. Vitro won't save such a society, it would only delay its downfall.

​Apparently you've never read Brave New World. 

KnightofChrist

​Apparently you've never read Brave New World. 

​Hahaha I think I have at some point in my life. I've read a lot of the sci-fi-ish books like that. Many have the idea that the future of the human race will be born in a test tube. That or some type of Mad Max/The Postman wasteland future.

MarysLittleFlower

The state cannot determine morality, but it is bound by natural law to acknowledge and adhere to the Church's moral teaching.

Yes, I agree :) I meant it shouldn't determine it without the Church

Nihil Obstat

Yes, I agree :) I meant it shouldn't determine it without the Church

I figured you probably meant that. :)

KnightofChrist

We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has ever experienced. I do not think that the wide circle of the American Society, or the whole wide circle of the Christian Community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-church, between the gospel and the anti-gospel, between Christ and the anti-christ. The confrontation lies within the plans of Divine Providence. It is, therefore, in God's Plan, and it must be a trial which the Church must take up, and face courageously.

+ Pope St. John Paul II

I'm not getting my knickers in a twist about this one.  Wishful thinking, never going to happen.

​Agreed.

Best post in this thread thus far!

We are now standing in the face of the greatest historical confrontation humanity has ever experienced. I do not think that the wide circle of the American Society, or the whole wide circle of the Christian Community realize this fully. We are now facing the final confrontation between the Church and the anti-church, between the gospel and the anti-gospel, between Christ and the anti-christ. The confrontation lies within the plans of Divine Providence. It is, therefore, in God's Plan, and it must be a trial which the Church must take up, and face courageously.

+ Pope St. John Paul II

​Haven't people been shouting this kind of stuff for centuries now?  

I for one was very disappointed the end didn't come on the year 2000...  I've been paying my credit cards off ever since...

*sigh*

Nihil Obstat

Sure, but not without intervening periods of relative calm. That is the thing about major crises; they tend rather to dominate one's attentions and discourse.

PhuturePriest

​Keep in mind he said this is the final confrontation. That doesn't mean it will be a decade or two and then it's all over. Pope Benedict himself said that much, much more needs to happen before the end of the world, so we can only assume Pope Saint John Paul II's insight on this matter meant that we are entering into a final drawn-out battle between good and evil. My opinion is we have at least another century to go, if not two or three more.

Edited by PhuturePriest

Nihil Obstat

​Keep in mind he said this is the final confrontation. That doesn't mean it will be a decade or two and then it's all over. Pope Benedict himself said that much, much more needs to happen before the end of the world, so we can only assume Pope Saint John Paul II's insight on this matter meant that we are entering into a final drawn-out battle between good and evil. My opinion is we have at least another century to go, if not two or three more.

Before the end of the world, certainly several centuries. Before the major chastisement at least a century, probably longer.

KnightofChrist

Perhaps centuries, perhaps not. It is taught in both Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition that there will be a great abandonment of the Faith and wide acceptance of strange lusts and perversions.  The abandonment of the Faith and the acceptance of grave sins has certainly escalated quickly just in the pass 10 years.   

PhuturePriest

Perhaps centuries, perhaps not. It is taught in both Sacred Scripture and Sacred Tradition that there will be a great abandonment of the Faith and wide acceptance of strange lusts and perversions.  The abandonment of the Faith and the acceptance of grave sins has certainly escalated quickly just in the pass 10 years.   

​It also mentions mass Jewish conversion into the Church, which has certainly not happened yet. 

PhuturePriest

certainly?

How are you tow so confident on your timetables?

​Pope Saint John Paul II said we are entering into the final confrontation. Given Pope Benedict's words saying that many things must yet still occur, we can safely assume we have at the very least several centuries of this final confrontation to endure. This is all guessing, of course, but it's a safe assumption given what our previous Holy Father told us.

Edited by PhuturePriest