Maximilianus Posted July 12, 2015 Posted July 12, 2015 That M1 Garand Klinger is carrying is far superior the what the Zouaves or those Evzones are carrying.
Maximilianus Posted July 14, 2015 Posted July 14, 2015 (edited) I find it amusing that when they showed the top 4 players chosen in franchise history for each MLB team, when they showed the 4 for the Washington Nationals, they were all Montreal Expos. Edited July 15, 2015 by Maximilianus 36/36 baseball bat
vee Posted July 22, 2015 Author Posted July 22, 2015 any guys out there up for reviving this kind of monastic life? lol
truthfinder Posted July 23, 2015 Posted July 23, 2015 I'm wondering if I can work that video into my teaching - probably. And wouldn't they really be friars because they're out and about, and not in their monastery? Max- they couldn't be a Solesmes reform, the singing is too plain; maybe a Carmelite reform (I always got a kick out of this video because it's the last line of the Dies Irae that they're hitting their heads too - which strikes me as a bit ironic as it's the most hopeful line in the whole chant.)
Maximilianus Posted September 7, 2015 Posted September 7, 2015 Things you don't see in North America (or at least I assume so) A hops field with a feldkreuz (field cross, you see lots of these in the Bavarian countryside)
truthfinder Posted September 7, 2015 Posted September 7, 2015 Things you don't see in North America (or at least I assume so) A hops field with a feldkreuz (field cross, you see lots of these in the Bavarian countryside) Neat. Two different Polish parishes I know (thousands of miles apart) have large crucifixes like this in their front yards - but I haven't seen field crucifixes. I've seen a couple front yard shrines though.
truthfinder Posted September 7, 2015 Posted September 7, 2015 I think i just jumped slightly, when I switched tabs to this goat's head.
Maximilianus Posted September 8, 2015 Posted September 8, 2015 Neat. Two different Polish parishes I know (thousands of miles apart) have large crucifixes like this in their front yards - but I haven't seen field crucifixes. I've seen a couple front yard shrines though. Part of my internet time-wasting endeavors is browsing panoramio pics in Bavaria for field crucifixes, shrines and chapels. The countryside is inundated with them. Pretty amazing, seeing as Germany is pretty secular nowadays and according to a one of the resident religious phatmass who resides there, Germany is mission country.
truthfinder Posted September 8, 2015 Posted September 8, 2015 Part of my internet time-wasting endeavors is browsing panoramio pics in Bavaria for field crucifixes, shrines and chapels. The countryside is inundated with them. Pretty amazing, seeing as Germany is pretty secular nowadays and according to a one of the resident religious phatmass who resides there, Germany is mission country. Hmm, just did a check - and while 30% of Germany on the whole calls itself Catholic, 52% of Bavarians do. I think Germany's been a mission country ever since Luther.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now