An Old School Catholic Message Board

vee's randon stuff thread

vee

Maximilianus

That M1 Garand Klinger is carrying is far superior the what the Zouaves or those Evzones are carrying.

Maximilianus

I find it amusing that when they showed the top 4 players chosen in franchise history for each MLB team, when they showed the 4 for the Washington Nationals, they were all Montreal Expos. 

Edited by Maximilianus
36/36 baseball bat

truthfinder

I'm wondering if I can work that video into my teaching - probably. And wouldn't they really be friars because they're out and about, and not in their monastery? 

Max- they couldn't be a Solesmes reform, the singing is too plain; maybe a Carmelite reform

(I always got a kick out of this video because it's the last line of the Dies Irae that they're hitting their heads too - which strikes me as a bit ironic as it's the most hopeful line in the whole chant.)

• 1 month later...

Things you don't see in North America (or at least I assume so)

88603299.jpg

A hops field with a feldkreuz (field cross, you see lots of these in the Bavarian countryside)

Things you don't see in North America (or at least I assume so)

A hops field with a feldkreuz (field cross, you see lots of these in the Bavarian countryside)

Neat.  Two different Polish parishes I know (thousands of miles apart) have large crucifixes like this in their front yards - but I haven't seen field crucifixes.  I've seen a couple front yard shrines though.