Jump to content
Join our Facebook Group ×
An Old School Catholic Message Board

Supreme Court: Gay Marriage a Constitutional Right


Recommended Posts

franciscanheart
Posted

Yes, sorry for the error.

But yes it's very easy for anyone to ask questions. Still if we are going to ask the question you asked earlier it would be good to back it up with what we believe is wrong, or out of date with the Church's current language and try to offer some suggestions of how we can update that language without weakening the Church's teachings on marriage.

I didn't say anything was wrong, really. Just asking if our rote answers with often misunderstood language (by Catholics and non-Catholics alike) are preventing us from sharing Truth. I don't know if the language is out of date. It's a question. Also, simply because I ask a question does not mean that the onus is on me -- especially in such an expansive church population -- to provide the answers or the basis from which answers might come.

Not The Philosopher
Posted

I didn't say anything was wrong, really. Just asking if our rote answers with often misunderstood language (by Catholics and non-Catholics alike) are preventing us from sharing Truth. I don't know if the language is out of date. It's a question. Also, simply because I ask a question does not mean that the onus is on me -- especially in such an expansive church population -- to provide the answers or the basis from which answers might come.

I wasn't asking for answers or anything. I just wanted to understand your question better so that I wouldn't say something stupid in response.

KnightofChrist
Posted

I didn't say anything was wrong, really. Just asking if our rote answers with often misunderstood language (by Catholics and non-Catholics alike) are preventing us from sharing Truth. I don't know if the language is out of date. It's a question. Also, simply because I ask a question does not mean that the onus is on me -- especially in such an expansive church population -- to provide the answers or the basis from which answers might come.

My problem is I just don't know how, nor do I know how anyone else can to go about even trying to answer your question if you don't know specifics. That's all I'm saying.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...