An Old School Catholic Message Board

Strength and Honor

PhuturePriest

No, this is Phatmass. Never on any other website have I ever encountered such psychoanalyzation of every single detail, nor people feeling such liberty to just change a topic because they didn't like the way someone said something. These are things completely special to Phatmass, in my experience. On Facebook, if people disagree with something they heard, they'll say something like "Well, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Did you mean x, or was that my misunderstanding?" (if they're reasonable people, anyway. Others are just trolling.) Here, you can expect that someone or many will just begin by openly disagreeing with you without first making sure what you said is what you meant or without second thought as to whether it would be appropriate to turn the topic into a debate in the first place. I put this in Open Mic, not the Debate Table. There are two distinct boards for a reason.

Miles, you know I love you. But if you knew this, you should have seen this coming. I know you work for the guy, and that's why you must know and accept that not everybody likes him. You're going to get kickback for being his employee and for posting anything at all by him. If you like him and are happy to be working for him, then just resign yourself to it and find a positive way to counter such attacks. You'll be happier in the end.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

lol. This is the internet.

Why can't the internet be a place to develop and strengthen our real personality and not develop an internet personality that is fake and corrupts our actual personalities in real life. Why can't the net be taken seriously? Of course that doesn't mean no fun but c'mon.

Pretty safe to say that any post that involves gender discussion and especially when it involves Voris on a Catholic board is going to generate response that you might not be asking for, especially given the "wussification" commentary you tacked onto it. 

People are free to post whatever they like (within reason for a clean phorum), and likewise, people should also feel free to have critical thinking and discussion without it being perceived as drama. 

There is critical thinking and than there is taking the mickey out of people, i think that is the american term. Not saying that anyone is taking the mickey out of FP in this current post but it has definitely been taken out of me multiple times and i have seen it enough times done to others here. But of course i understand that it does happen here and in real life, though it seems to only happen to me here. And by taking the mickey i don't mean in jest i mean with a mean spirit and an i'm right and your wrong hahaha attitude.

Edited by Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Basilisa Marie

Miles, you know I love you. But if you knew this, you should have seen this coming. I know you work for the guy, and that's why you must know and accept that not everybody likes him. You're going to get kickback for being his employee and for posting anything at all by him. If you like him and are happy to be working for him, then just resign yourself to it and find a positive way to counter such attacks. You'll be happier in the end.

Exactly. Miles, hon, you know this whole thread is much milder than a lot of Voris discussions around here. We aren't going to spare your feelings all the time when the stuff he does or how he does it chafes us. 

And honestly if you haven't encountered a site that changes topics and psychoanalyzes things more than Phatmass, you really haven't seen much of the internet at all. Exhibit A: Reddit. 

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

not only to me , but i mean no one ever takes the mickey out of me accept on phatmass, and by supposed other christians also. :(

Exactly. Miles, hon, you know this whole thread is much milder than a lot of Voris discussions around here. We aren't going to spare your feelings all the time when the stuff he does or how he does it chafes us. 
And honestly if you haven't encountered a site that changes topics and psychoanalyzes things more than Phatmass, you really haven't seen much of the internet at all. Exhibit A: Reddit. 

Than don't comment, and you should always respect others feelings! Even if no one has ever done the same for you. No pun intended. :)

If something really tangles up our emotions we should calm down before responding, it is a virtue called prudence. :)

For what it's worth FP if the conference was near me and i had the cash or sponsor to go i would definitely go, michael voris seems to be kingdom minded. Alleluia.

https://youtu.be/YV35G-HmJtY

Ash Wednesday

There is critical thinking and than there is taking the mickey out of people, i think that is the american term. 

That is a British or Commonwealth term. I live in England, but I am American.

So....

I'm right, you're wrong... hahahahahahahaha

I hope you do know I'm just kidding there. I couldn't resist. :evil:

No, this is Phatmass. Never on any other website have I ever encountered such psychoanalyzation of every single detail, nor people feeling such liberty to just change a topic because they didn't like the way someone said something. These are things completely special to Phatmass, in my experience. On Facebook, if people disagree with something they heard, they'll say something like "Well, I'm not quite sure what you mean by that. Did you mean x, or was that my misunderstanding?" (if they're reasonable people, anyway. Others are just trolling.) Here, you can expect that someone or many will just begin by openly disagreeing with you without first making sure what you said is what you meant or without second thought as to whether it would be appropriate to turn the topic into a debate in the first place. I put this in Open Mic, not the Debate Table. There are two distinct boards for a reason.

You don't have control over people's reactions. If you want to whinge about that, be my guest. A forum is a place for discussion. There are formats more suited to "just letting people know about an event" than an internet forum, but since you wanted to let the people of phatmass know . . . well you got a discussion where you didn't *want* one.

And now we're having an even more ridiculous discussion. Started by YOU. It's ironic in  way, is it not? ;)

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

That is a British or Commonwealth term. I live in England, but I am American.

So....

I'm right, you're wrong... hahahahahahahaha

I hope you do know I'm just kidding there. I couldn't resist. :evil:

goodie goodie gum drops. sorry couldn't resist. :P

You don't have control over people's reactions. If you want to whinge about that, be my guest. A forum is a place for discussion. There are formats more suited to "just letting people know about an event" than an internet forum, but since you wanted to let the people of phatmass know . . . well you got a discussion where you didn't *want* one.

And now we're having an even more ridiculous discussion. Started by YOU. It's ironic in  way, is it not? ;)

I don't think FP has his knickers tied in a knott, is this that you are assuming? Or are you trying to give him a wedgie that has already obviously been administered, by the way people wedgies are so immature and childish.

Tab'le De'Bah-Rye

Let go and loose control phatmass, in other words let go and let god. Don't try and control everyone and everything, don't try and dominate the conversations, that's the sense i get anyway from my discussions here, relax really. But anyhow i don't hate phatmass, and it isn't me trying to control the situation just backing up FP whom i'm sure as he has stated is tired of this, but also i understand it is up to dUSt and the Mediators of Meh as to what is and what isn't and i am just a chummy commoner but will back up anyone that seems to be getting stomped, and yes even if you are a habitual stomper i will let go of my bias for the friendlies and say hey. I am not judging any of you just something i have noticed that seems to happen quiet frequently and causes a lot of tension, perhaps not for the few that do this because obviously this has happened to you and you feel it to be normal perhaps, or your just cheeky monkeys that like to lets use a nice word, stir the pot, just be careful when your stiring the pot not to spill the guts of the meal all over the floor cause it creates a terrible mess. No pun intended and yes obviously i could be terribly wrong. :) And no ice nine this whole comment is not directed directly at you. And again yes i have no authority here and this is just a personal observation that could be wrong and please remember people that if you are indeed catholic that there are many other people watching you here that are catholics searching and people that know nothing about catholicism, please remeber you are representing the Love of Jesus Christ here in Faith, hope and charity(and charity in word not just money), because that is what Catholics are supposed to do right?

Onward christian souls.

GodblesS.

Jesus is LORD!

P.s. I absolutely love everyone here even if i don't like the attitude at times, and that attitude is not always present but seems to raise its ugly head all to often even if it's only sometimes, i don't know the stats i'm not here that often. And by no means am i saying that your not trying your best and by know means am i trying to put you in a box where you can not grow and flourish but there are general rules in life that keep all safe and free and in the spirit of charity.

typo

Lilllabettt

Sounds like you have it all figured out ;)

Almost, but the idea in the "I dont know" camp is that you withhold judgement and categorization because you realize that we dont understand the whole picture yet. If you believe you current view of sexuality is complete and you know 100% that there is nothing new to learn, then go ahead and judge away. You can form your little categories of people based on the clothes they wear and start sorting people. 

Im not sure what you mean by viewing transgenderism critically...Id rather think I view it pretty non critically in that I have little opinion on it at all. Id say your camp of conservatives view things extremely critically because you reject peoples notions of individuality if they do not coincide with an outdated, impervious view of the world.

There's nothing wrong with saying "I don't know."

Unfortunately most people do not praise the courage and wisdom of saying "I don't know" until they have been caught talking out of their bottoms. About theology of the body, or feminism, for example.

Just as most people are very sure they have opened their minds right up until the moment they realize they have substituted one form of unthinking dogmatism for another.

There's nothing wrong with saying "I don't know."

Unfortunately most people do not praise the courage and wisdom of saying "I don't know" until they have been caught talking out of their bottoms. About theology of the body, or feminism, for example.

Just as most people are very sure they have opened their minds right up until the moment they realize they have substituted one form of unthinking dogmatism for another.

Id like to take you out someday and show you a good time. Maybe we can work on untwisting those panties a bit. <3

Id like to take you out someday and show you a good time. Maybe we can work on untwisting those panties a bit. <3

:o

Oh no you did not just...

Oh wait. You're female. Okay!

Edited by Gabriela

PhuturePriest

:o

Oh no you did not just...

Oh wait. You're female. Okay!

I'm calling a double-standard here. :|

Edited by PhuturePriest

Lilllabettt

I sure have gotten some super weird suggestions on phatmass. I mean between this and Norseman's idea that I offer myself up as a bride to a gay man.

everyone on phatmass leave my panties alone O.K.