An Old School Catholic Message Board

Not Funny, Mr. Leno

Lil Red

homeschoolmom

[quote name='Lil Red' date='Jun 15 2004, 11:42 AM'] The ad said, "Designed by Mary herself" which we all know the history of. And he made fun of it! :angry: [/quote]
No we don't....

Thy Geekdom Come

[quote] No we don't....[/quote]

[url="http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/10115a.htm"]Miraculous Medal[/url]

OwNeD_byGoD

technically marry did design it, and yeah she does do it often praise God, miraculous metal, scapular, rosary whoot whoot

the thing about secular television is that you will always have anti-catholic mumbo jumbo since we are the largest religion we are easily attacked also because of our fullness (sacraments, prayers, ritualism *in a good way*)

martyrs rock my socks,

it would be cool to me a devout catholic late night talkshow host on secular progaraming =)

Ash Wednesday

I'm guessing that the phrase "Designed by Mary Herself" struck him as being funny -- he probably had a vision of Mary sitting at a drafting table with a t-square and doing some sketches....

One joke he made that offended me more was when he gave his standup here in town last year he cracked a joke about "white collar crime" but was referring to the priesthood. That made me cringe.

I don't think he means to seriously offend people, since Jay makes fun of everyone and everybody. Though I hope and pray that he will become a more model Catholic. :(

It's kinda funny that Catholics dominate the late night -- with him and Conan. Can't say we aren't crazy and don't like to yuck things up. :P

ilovechrist

i saw that on Leno...
he doesn't collect those. they gather them for him. but he does get quite rude... letterman gets more rude than him though.

i know he doesn't collect them. and ash, you're right - he does make fun (it seems) of everyone equally.

Charity would be a rule to send those emails. I didn't see the show. Mainly becuase I don't watch TV, lol.