An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help me figure out an Order...

Cherie

This isn't a super serious thread, but I know some people here have a knack for this, so I thought I'd ask.

On my way to DC, I passed a car with two fully habited Sisters in it; one was very young, one was elderly. At first I thought it was the PCPA habit (since I'm close to Mt. St. Mary's and figured maybe they had been visiting the MFVAs there? I don't know!) but on closer glimpse, I realized it was a habit I was not familiar with. And it's driving me crazy, because I can't figure out which community they belong to!

The license plate was Ohio, with two of those little oval bumper stickers; one said CHOC and the other said BAKE. The habit was black and white; definitely a bandeau and a guimpe, but I don't think the neck was fully covered (though it looked that way at first glance). Actually it was somewhat similar to this habit, except with a bandeau across the forehead, and maybe a larger, more visible white structured piece under the veil. 

Anyone have any ideas??? I'm dying to know and it's frustrating me that I can't figure out who they are!

image.jpg

genesisweavers

The doll pictured with your post represents the old habit of the Sisters of Saint Agnes - Wisconsin.  They no longer wear this habit so I doubt if this is the one you saw. 

No, not the Sister Servants of the Sacred Heart; they're in my home diocese, and I know them very well!

The doll wasn't meant to be an exact representation; just that the habit I saw is similar (not the exact same, though) to the habit they were wearing!

No, but thank you! The veil was "fuller," more like a non-modified veil.

The underside of the veil was definitely white, like the PCPAs.

I don't think any sisters of st joseph have worn that habit in forty years.  

I think there is a sede vacantist group in ohio that might have a habit similar to what you're describing, but I can't remember the name.  If it comes to me, I'll post.

I don't think any sisters of st joseph have worn that habit in forty years.  

I think there is a sede vacantist group in ohio that might have a habit similar to what you're describing, but I can't remember the name.  If it comes to me, I'll post.

If you remember, please let me know (even if only via PM, if you don't want to advertise it). I actually did think when I saw them that I wouldn't be surprised if they were an EF community, or even a schismatic one.