An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help me figure out an Order...

Cherie

Very close!!! Thank you for the try. I'm almost certain this wasn't their habit, but it's pretty similar!

What about the Bernardine Sisters without the crown

img_1222.jpg

Guys, I'm not trying to be snarky, but half of these suggestions just are completely nonviable - these habits haven't been worn in 50 years.  Only makes the search that much harder.

The sede vacantist group that Truthfinder speaks of might be the Daughters of Mary.

I thought of them too, but their veil sort of "tucks" under, unlike like the 'untucked' example that Cherie provided.  The group that I was thinking of - I only came upon it by accident one day; I don't even think they have a website.  It's just a couple sisters from what I could tell.  I think the picture was from a newspaper and they were helping with a food bank, or local flooding, or maybe even voting - can't remember. 

I thought of them too, but their veil sort of "tucks" under, unlike like the 'untucked' example that Cherie provided.  The group that I was thinking of - I only came upon it by accident one day; I don't even think they have a website.  It's just a couple sisters from what I could tell.  I think the picture was from a newspaper and they were helping with a food bank, or local flooding, or maybe even voting - can't remember. 

There is a schismatic community in France. They are sisters who believe in false apparition and who follow the false sighted (i.e the man who lied about seeing the virgin), who have been ordained as a bishop by a sedevacantist bishop. They have TLM. They don't speak so much about their separation from the church or the false apparition... They are in many countries, and in the US they have a food bank. I can't remember their names, but when I go home I can find it. But in my memories, they have a  grey (or black ?) habits, with a simple black veil. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Fraternité Notre Dame ! This is their name, they are officially recognized as a cult. Their habit is grey with a dark scapular, and they have a formation house in the US. THey're in Chicago and Marengo, so no Ohio. i don't think it's them. 

There is a schismatic community in France. They are sisters who believe in false apparition and who follow the false sighted (i.e the man who lied about seeing the virgin), who have been ordained as a bishop by a sedevacantist bishop. They have TLM. They don't speak so much about their separation from the church or the false apparition... They are in many countries, and in the US they have a food bank. I can't remember their names, but when I go home I can find it. But in my memories, they have a  grey (or black ?) habits, with a simple black veil. Maybe I'm wrong. 

Fraternité Notre Dame ! This is their name, they are officially recognized as a cult. Their habit is grey with a dark scapular, and they have a formation house in the US. THey're in Chicago and Marengo, so no Ohio. i don't think it's them. 

You know what - I think this might actually be the community that I was thinking of, but I still couldn't find the picture I'd originally seen.  So thanks, that's one mystery solved.  Back to solving Cherie's.

It wouldn't surprise me if it was the Fraternite.  They had a bakery in a shopping center in Algonquin, IL for a few years.  They closed it a year or so ago.  None of the sisters spoke very good English, mostly French.  Apparently they have a large compound in Marengo, IL and have been in the news a while back.  They had huge plans  for an  'iffy' expansion that the neighbors strenuously objected to.  I don't know the resolution, though.

Thank you for your continued help! It's still nagging me!

I'm quite sure it's not the Fraternité, and the Daughters of Mary are a little bit close, but not the community I saw. Do the Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters have a different habit they wear outside the cloister? The habit definitely wasn't pink; it looked black. 

And yes, it was a current religious Order, I'm sure! Particularly since there was an elderly Sister AND a very young Sister, both fully habited.

Thank you for your continued help! It's still nagging me!

I'm quite sure it's not the Fraternité, and the Daughters of Mary are a little bit close, but not the community I saw. Do the Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters have a different habit they wear outside the cloister? The habit definitely wasn't pink; it looked black. 

And yes, it was a current religious Order, I'm sure! Particularly since there was an elderly Sister AND a very young Sister, both fully habited.

The Holy Spirit Adoration Sisters do have another habit for outside the cloister. It's grey. Here it is. Are these the sisters you saw? (Note: I don't think the habit on the doll is entirely accurate - I think the veil they have for the grey habit also has a guimpe and a white inner piece, even though that's not  shown here.)

Edited by beatitude