An Old School Catholic Message Board

Help me figure out an Order...

Cherie

Totally Franciscan

I can't get the photo to attach, but go to Marie Augustine on Facebook in North Hollywood.  Sister is with an order called the Servites of Mary, I believe.  She said once in a post, but I can't remember exactly.  However, I could find no presence of this order by googling.  This habit is very similar to Mother Angelica's order, especially the veil, but is in black.  I hope this is it, Cherie.  This must be driving you nuts!

I just remembered.  On that Facebook site, go to photos, and there is a photo of Sr. Marie Augustine and another sister in the car driving somewhere.  Perhaps this is what you saw and will jog your memory.  Good luck!

Edited by Totally Franciscan
Addition

No, not the All Saints Sisters, but thanks for the suggestion!

Totally Franciscan, thanks for the suggestion! Their habit was similar, but it wasn't Sr. Marie Augustine. The Sister driving was younger, and looked to be Hispanic. The older Sister was much, much older. Also, I think the white part under the veil had some kind of "structure" to it, if you know what I mean? And I'm pretty sure the neck was not entirely covered.

It is driving me nuts! I wish I had been able to take a picture, but alas, I was alone in my car and wouldn't risk that while driving. I wonder if I'll ever figure it out! :(