An Old School Catholic Message Board

ds' convent advice thread

vee

dominicansoul

Ram ur head into the backboard of the bed. ( In ur case, I guess the wall since I'm not sure what Carmelites sleep on... )

This will give you a solid 7 hours of sleep, you won't have the inconvenience of having to lie still awake In bed until the morning clapper...

Edited by dominicansoul

dominicansoul

thats bound to happen...by the time you make solemn profession.  By that time you will be a genuine Carmelite mystic named Sr Therese Theresa Theresa Theresa John of the bloody crucifix OCD so you really won't give a beaver dam if I pass you on candy crushes 

dominicansoul

This is mine. :). Happy New Year chica!  May it be your year to howl. Bffs for how many years now?  Too many :P lol

Yinepu Sanctimonialis
26 minutes ago, vee said:

Dear DS,

This is my first phat post of 2016.

20 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

This is mine. :). Happy New Year chica!  May it be your year to howl. Bffs for how many years now?  Too many :P lol

I wish Happy New Year both to You, for all Phatmassers and both for every single person all around the world ! God Bless You ! 

Maximilianus

DS, what if I'm in the *convent and I can't stay awake, what should I do?

*as in Conventual Franciscans, hello. This is my first post in 2016.

dominicansoul

Happy new year Max!!! 

About your question... Just take a relic of Padre Pio into ur cell.  He will not let you rest too much.  Carry him under ur habit during the day.  *disclaimer* do this at your own risk.  This is dangerous and isn't meant for wimps.  Lol.  Believe me, I know this from experience....

Dear DS,

The community Im interested in doesnt wear those big parlour veils covering their faces anymore what should I do?

dominicansoul

She probably will be able to practice, but its best she practice it on herself.  Being a Carmelite, I'm sure solitude will demand it.  BUT If she practiced it on the other members of the community, she would most surely kill them off.  Unless they are ninja warriors in disguise, most elderly carmelites are fluffy TB carriers who may not be able to withstand hard blows.