crusader1234 Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 [quote]look at this one, it's a jasmine petal rosary[/quote] nope, dont worry, you made it PLENTY clear peace, rich
Tony Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 hmm.. did you say it was a jasmine petal rosary?.. just checkin
Quietfire Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 Not even received in the Church but.... I received a rosary from my dad when I was 16. I asked for it on my birthday. It seems odd now that I think about it, since I never practiced the faith. My husbands Grandmother gave me hers as well. Actually, what is this 'knotted' rosary that you all keep talking about? [quote]I am happy with either my fingers or a knotted one.[/quote] [quote]...[le sigh] just my knotted rosary for now.[/quote] Is it everyone's age here? I find it incredible that you all dont have rosaries like the ones described on that site. I mean, not as expensive as those but still... Am I gonna have to start buying rosaries for you all? Shall we make a list? Or is there a reason why? Are you supposed to obtain one at a specific point? Is there some kind of rosary etiquette that I sidestepped at the age of 16? Enlighten me please. Peace.
VeraMaria Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 [quote name='crusader1234' date='Jun 19 2004, 06:32 PM'] nope, dont worry, you made it PLENTY clear peace, rich [/quote] i'm tired
voiciblanche Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 I "borrow" them from my family. Hehe. After my mum moved out, my dad had two in his room and I snagged one about six months ago. Another I borrowed from my sister (I really did have permission to borrow it, and I didn't have to give it back either.) and another I received from my grandmother. Finger Rosaries - one from a retreat, the other from May Crowning two years ago.
Philippe Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 (edited) wats the point of nice extravagent beautiful rosary's? isnt it about just using it for prayer that matters? wouldnt u rather buy a 10 dollar rosary instead of a 150 dollar rosray and give 140 to the Church? my .2 cents Edited June 19, 2004 by lifeteener
voiciblanche Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 [quote name='lifeteener' date='Jun 19 2004, 06:19 PM'] wats the point of nice extravagent beautiful rosary's? isnt it about just using it for prayer that matters? wouldnt u rather buy a 10 dollar rosary instead of a 150 dollar rosray and give 140 to the Church? my .2 cents [/quote] Agreed. I was going to say that in the beginning of the thread, but I didn't want to start an argument. It says on the site, next to, say, the gold $1,500 one, that such an extravagant Rosary is, "a wonderful gift to Mary!" Personally, I think Mary'd rather have the money go to the Church or a charity. That being said, I'd like to have at least one nice, $10-20 Rosary, instead of using my fingers or a plastic finger rosary. But, whatever. Just my .02 as well... don't kill me. :ph34r:
OwNeD_byGoD Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 i would think that if it were that valuable of a rosary i wouldnt wanna carry it around with my everywhere, and thats basically what i do with my rosaries so i would like to stick with my dollar rosary =)
crusader1234 Posted June 19, 2004 Posted June 19, 2004 I dont know... the one I want would be 80 dollars, which is still on the expensive side. If I ever find out where I can locally buy rosary parts (I've got beads and hemp) I'd make my own.
Maddalena Posted June 20, 2004 Author Posted June 20, 2004 While me and my family were becoming Catholic, we got instruction froma saintly, little nun named Sister Alma. After my First Communion, Sister Alma gave me beautiful, pink rosary. ;-; I miss her.
Quietfire Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 Wow, now THAT's a rosary you'd want to hold onto forever. Its worth more than all the rosaries on that site added up. Really. My rosary reminds me of my dad, and all the family behind him Catholic. Same thing for my hubby's nanny's rosary. He would never part with it for anything. Peace. So who needs a rosary?
Carnanc Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 for some reason I have like 20 rosaries, so I put them in different places such as tables arround the house so we can just pick them up, and so we are reminded to pray the rosary throughout the day as we work on the house.
Iacobus Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 I don't think Mom cares what the price of the rosary is. The prayers are the same.
VeraMaria Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 agreed I use my fingers sometimes...its easier with a rosary though
Iacobus Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 I lost my rosary so I always do fingers now. Till payday.
Iacobus Posted June 20, 2004 Posted June 20, 2004 Yes and that all depends on when a certain slacker mails it.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now