An Old School Catholic Message Board

Ahem. Some News. Thought You Should Know.

PhuturePriest

PhuturePriest

I have at last reached 30 likes. The inability to cross the 29 mark for several days and thus be pained with an unequal number was a great burden.

If you go to the Mount, contact me the moment your homiletics prof mentions "me-ology". I will need to do damage control.

PhuturePriest
18 hours ago, Gabriela said:

If you go to the Mount, contact me the moment your homiletics prof mentions "me-ology". I will need to do damage control.

Me-ology?

FP, glad for you!   You've grown into a pretty decent guy.   I think you'll probably be a great priest.  

10 hours ago, PhuturePriest said:

Me-ology?

Yeah, some homiletics prof at the Mount has some obsession with "me-ology": what he calls it when priests talk about themselves during preaching. The truth is, there are very good reasons to talk about yourself during preaching. You just shouldn't overdo it or do it inappropriately. But the way he talks about it, his students come away thinking you should never mention yourself during preaching, which has very bad results.

I don't know who he is, but I've heard a bunch of priests from the Mount talk about him in my research. So if you go there, and he teaches you, contact me the minute you hear the word "me-ology" so I can undo the damage.

On 4/14/2016, 3:12:09, PhuturePriest said:

Ahem.

Blah blah blah

However, I have been informed this morning that despite all odds, I have been accepted and my acceptance meeting with the Bishop is on May 10th. This is something I've been waiting for for five years now, and it would not have happened without this community's support and whipping me into shape. It took a really long time and a lot of work on the part of a lot of people, but it all seems a short and insignificant process for such a great reward.

Blah blah

Dude! amesome news! I come onto PM rarely nowadays, but it's good to see something super amesome in the Russian-roulette that is Open Mic. 

As I said to you in our correspondence this past December, Providence leads us often in unexpected directions through difficult situations, but ultimately we can find great personal gain in them. God gives us exactly what we need when we need it, no sooner nor later. You have waited on Him with courage and He has not let you down.

In my experience, seminary is a pressure cooker at times. Sometimes we are not ready for it, or sometimes we no longer have need of it. Either way, Providence sees us through by preparing us for the proper time when we can take the pressure well, be formed and grow. I am confident that Providence has apparently found that time. 

God bless you, and Mary keep you. If you ever need anything (not that I've got much to give), you know how to reach me. 

Keep on keepin' on, my dude!