An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going to Lourdes

NadaTeTurbe

NadaTeTurbe

I'm going to lourdes tomorrow. If you have any prayers intentions, please tell me (here or by P.M). I'll write them in a piece of paper and put it in the Grotto, and then burn a candle at the Grotto for all of your intentions and Phatmass members :) 

Afficher l'image d'origine

Thanks heaps, Nada, for your thoughtful kindness. 

For my niece after serious back surgery for its success and her complete recovery. For my aunt with serious heart condition and inoperable due to age and frailty.  For a close friend with breast cancer refusing medical treatment in favour of natural treatment - cancer now spread to lymph nodes and ribs, and she still refusing medical treatment.

God's blessings and Our Lady's constant prayer for your journey to Lourdes and after.

Wow thank you  and prayers for a blessed and safe trip!

Please pray for me and all my family, especially my one brother who smokes almost a pack of cigarettes a day!  Pray he stops and is healed of any other addictions he may have, and that he lives a decent responsible life.  Please also pray for me that I may get everything done that I need to have done and for safe travels.  :)

Thank you for doing this!  Please pray that my right knee will be healed enough for me to make the Pilgrimage to Lourdes in 2017 with my dear Order of Malta and our beloved malades'

Thank you for  doing  this !

Prayers  for  the  daughter  ( only  15 years  old )   of  a  colleague   who  is  diagnosed   with  an  aggressive  type  of  skincancer   and  is  getting  strong  chemo   !!  ( It  may be  her  last  chance  !  )

God bless you  !! :love:

NadaTeTurbe

All of it is written ! Among the 69th "official" people who have been miraculously cured, 6 of them never went to Loudes before the miracle ! 

Please pray for me ! That our Lady grant me the healing of an eyesight problem, not only because I want to be healed, but to show to my parents the love and power of our God. And may St Bernadette helps me to grows in the virtues she lived on this earth ! 

Lourdes : vitrail représentant une apparition de la Vierge Marie à Bernadette SoubirousLourdes : gemmail représentant une apparition de la Vierge Marie à Bernadette Soubirous

Sister Leticia

Nada - thank you for this kind offer. I know someone whose mother has cancer, and despite chemo she's just been told it has spread and seems inoperable, so she may only have a couple more months to live. My friend is a nurse working with people who are terminally ill, so she's surrounded by death and dying. There have been difficulties and strained relationships in the family, which have only just begun to be repaired, so the healing I would ask for is of hearts and memories.

(And my friend was discerning religious life, but obviously that now needs to be placed on a massive pause)

would you please pray for my granddaughter? she is a severely disabled 5 year old and we are praying that she will be able to talk.

thank you

AveMariaPurissima

Please pray for my sister in law Dana, for Sr. Veronica, for Wanda and Kimberly (both of them have cancer).  Please pray also for me, for my inner healing and for my vocational discernment.  Thank you thank you thank you!! :heart:

Spem in alium

Thank you, Nada! Please offer prayers for one of my sisters in community, who is still struggling with her health: for healing of body and spirit; that my friend Tor will return to God; and for my uncle Jeff, who has recently been diagnosed with bowel cancer (thankfully it hasn't spread), for his wife Elizabeth, who also has a significant health issue, and for their children. 
I also ask prayers that I will accept my own illness, and that I will have inner healing from past hurts.

Edited by Spem in alium

NadaTeTurbe

It's done ! There's some intentions I wasn't able to catch in time (I wish I have a phone with internet !), however, I wrote on the paper "All of the intentions of the members of Phatmass Phorum" :) 

Lourdes was sunny, wich is kind of exceptionnal ! Usually it's a lot of rain ! First, I venerated relics of St Jean Paul II at the St Pie X basilica (the one who is underground), and Ste Bernadette relics at the Immaculate Conception Basilica. The Immaculate Conception Basilica and the OUr Lady of the Rosary Basilica have their walls entirely made of ex-voto, thanking our Lady. There are hundreds and hundreds of them ! One ex-voto touched me a lot : it was written "thank your Our Lady for protecting my son during the assault, and protect him now he is a prisonner. 1915" What happened to this man ? Only God knows... After that, I went to get some waters, and then to the Grotto, touching the walls and putting your intentions in the prayer box :) I said a rosary at the Grotto, with a book to pray the rosary with Ste Bernadette, and then I went to light a candle. They are big, they often burn for two days. THen we had a picnic next to the Gaves (the river in Lourdes), wich was very enjoyable. We spoke with Italians pilgrims, Japanese sisters, and Indian families. I love how Lourdes bring together so many differents people, all united in love and trust for our Lady. After the picnic, I bought some little things, spoke with Indian sisters who wear the same habit as MIssionaries of Charity but were NOT missionaries of Charity, take a last time for prayers in front of a little Bernadette statue, and then we left ! I hope to be able to go back in August, as a volunteer :) 

• 1 month later...

Going back to Lourdes next friday ! Send me any prayers that you have ! 

Please pray for me, my interior peace, the elderly I'm going to care for in Lourdes, and my diocese :) 

Going back to Lourdes next friday ! Send me any prayers that you have ! 

Please pray for me, my interior peace, the elderly I'm going to care for in Lourdes, and my diocese :) 

Kayte Postle

Thank you so much Nada, this is so sweet of you! I'll keep your intentions in my rosary this week.

If you could pray for the conversion of my family, especially for my mother, for the health of my great-grandmother, and for the finances for my plane ticket to a vocations event. Please and thank you!

Edited by Kayte Postle
double posting