An Old School Catholic Message Board

Going to Lourdes

NadaTeTurbe

MiserereMeiDeus
On 2/8/2017 at 6:33 AM, NadaTeTurbe said:

Going back to Lourdes this saturday ! Send me your prayer request :) 

Please pray for my discernment to the consecrated virginity vocation, and I am going to start phlebotomy classes soon (that I will be the best I can be and pass everything.) Please say a prayer for spiritual protection for myself and my family, for health intentions for them also. Thank you!

Edited by MiserereMeiDeus
Added intention.

Sister Leticia

Merci beaucoup! My sister's birthday is on the 11th February, so please pray for her - and I look forward to telling her she's being prayed for at Lourdes on her birthday!

Would you please pray for my dear friend G who is grieving the loss of her mother and is now learning to live on her own.  Thanks so much.

All your intentions were written in a piece of paper and put in the grotto, and I light up a candle for the intention of Phatmass. 
There was a lot of people at Mass. I was surprised by the number of American, British, and Japanese, usually, they're here mostly on July or August. 
Trust in the Virgin ! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dcs6WPjZi0k

I know the Order of Malta from all over the world comes to Lourdes with malades and their companions the first week of May.  This will be my first trip and I'm so excited and humbled to be able to accompany our sick for a week.  The Federal Association alone (3 Associations in the U.S.) has about 180 going including Knights, Dames, Auxiliary, malades, and companions.  We had such a great response this year that we have a huge waiting list of close to 100 of Knights and Dames who want to go.  We only take a certain number of malades due to obvious reasons. Although the charter is always full, the waiting list number is pretty much unprecedented. We have many of our members who are doctors, nurses, etc. who serve on the International Medical Team. I'm already getting some of my stuff ready in one place so I won't forget anything.....and there's lots to pack (Malta cape and insignia, nurses uniforms, black shoes and stockings, red vest, red sweater, black gloves, black umbrella, Malta nurses veil, and the list goes on).  

I'm an "hospitallière", it's the name of the members of the society who take care of the sick during diocesan pilgrimage. We wear a pink coat with a white beret or veil. The first time I went to Lourdes, I wondered what was this religious order who had so many members ! 

So good to hear that many people are coming to Lourdes, and able to do it. In the last few years, in my diocese, we have a problem : more volunteers than sick people. The pilgrimage is getting more and more expensive for the poors. The organization needs to be modernized, but... that's a hot topic... you can say a little prayer for the people who are working here full time, and dealing with so many difficulties. 

I hope you'll enjoy your stay at Lourdes. It's a wonderfull city. All mankind is united in trust in the Virgin. 

I spent one month in a physiotherapy centre run by the Order of Malta and I have nothing but praise for them. 

The Order of Malta doesn't charge our malades (the sick) anything for the entire trip - no airfare, no hotel costs, no meals, etc.  It is our gift to them - to be able to accompany them to the Virgin and to her Son.  I have friends in the Order who go every year - for some it is their 18th or 19th consecutive year going.  In our case, we have more sick than we can take.  Or the potential malades are too sick to make the trip back and forth to France.   In the past 3 years we have begun an annual Pilgrimage to Our Lady of Good Help, the only approved Marian apparition shrine in the U.S.  It is our hope and prayer that more and more malades who cannot, for any reason, go on the Lourdes Pilgrimage will join us in Champion, WI for this 3-4 day Pilgrimage each August (always held over the weekend of the Feast of the Transfiguration).   Our numbers for this new Pilgrimage are increasing yearly and this year we not only have all 3 U.S. Associations attending, but have representatives from the Order coming from Canada, Ireland, and Cuba (headquartered in Miami, Fla.of course) to "check it out".