An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll

Peace

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Democracy is only around as good as the average person in any given society. Frankly that bodes pretty poorly for most of us. 

What with Weiner's unintentional bodyslam to the Clinton campaign, I think it will be a Trump landslide.

And I certainly hope so too. #MAGA

I have tried to keep well away from most US election coverage. I'm very grateful not to be a US citizen and faced with these voting choices. But in the interests of cross-cultural dialogue and learning, I offer you this nugget of information: in northern England, a trump is a common word for a fluffy air extraction.

Now imagine what is going through the heads of people on this side of the pond when we hear news reporters talking about "the Trump effect." This US election season has been an opportunity for us all to discover our inner immature teenager.

Back to serious discussion.

KnightofChrist
2 hours ago, BG45 said:

The New York Times basically called bull flop on that. Which is a punch in the gut to the Clinton Camp's talking points since they keep trying to blame the Russians for everything going wrong in their campaign. Which is in itself stupid unless Clinton wants to risk war with Russia.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2016/11/01/us/politics/fbi-russia-election-donald-trump.html

PhuturePriest

I can't remember if I posted yet and I'm too lazy to check.

I wrote in Maturen. Just wasn't able to justify a vote for Trump, especially because I'm in a red State anyway. Were I in a State like Ohio, I'm not sure what I would have done. I think there are legitimate arguments over the existence of proportionate reasons for both, but adding on this risk of nuclear war with Russia and Hillary coming out as insanely aggressive and up for nuclear war makes me incredibly unwary of her. I don't know what's going on in her head, but there is no way we have gone to the point of going to war with Russia, and her insistence on making a no-fly zone in Syria, shooting down Russian fighter jets, and blaming Russia for the cyber attack with the promise of retaliation have thrown a lot more into the perspective.

I pray that the accusations are completely false.

I'd love for  Maturen or McMillen to win, more than any of the four leading candidates.  I'm a fan of ASP and its policies for the most part; and McMillen seems to be a genuine conservative (and formerly in the CIA, so I trust him to have a good idea of international relations compared to Trump) of the stripe we had before both parties got intensely partisan.  

LittleWaySoul
On 10/31/2016 at 6:09 PM, PhuturePriest said:

And me. :P

Yeah I think you're the same age as one of my brothers. 20, right?

PhuturePriest
29 minutes ago, LittleWaySoul said:

Yeah I think you're the same age as one of my brothers. 20, right?

Indeed.

To bump something from earlier in the thread, that website countable.us has the option of pulling up a personal ballot with breakdown of what you'll have on your ballot. I'd suggest taking a look, I've found it helpful. 

LittleWaySoul
2 hours ago, Amppax said:

To bump something from earlier in the thread, that website countable.us has the option of pulling up a personal ballot with breakdown of what you'll have on your ballot. I'd suggest taking a look, I've found it helpful. 

Unless you're voting absentee in which case you get to see it and think about it regardless. But yeah there are many sources for seeing a practice ballot to prepare for the real thing. Very helpful. 

4 hours ago, Amppax said:

I didn't see a person ballot option, but I get the impression that American ballots can be a lot more complex than the average Canadian one.  When I vote for prime minster or premier, there's typically only one ballot and one question, with in most of the ridings I've lived in, no more than five candidates. 

LittleWaySoul
48 minutes ago, truthfinder said:

I didn't see a person ballot option, but I get the impression that American ballots can be a lot more complex than the average Canadian one.  When I vote for prime minster or premier, there's typically only one ballot and one question, with in most of the ridings I've lived in, no more than five candidates. 

Yeah, here you vote for anyone up for election plus certain issues in your state/county. It's usually only front and back of one page though, at least from what I've seen so far. 

1 hour ago, truthfinder said:

For others who have trouble finding it: https://www.countable.us/articles/40. There's others out there, like LWS says, but this one does a good job of breaking things down. 

My ballot this year seems to have more on it than past ballots, though I could be wrong. I'm voting on 26 different positions (with most having 2-4 candidates, though some seats are uncontested) and 5 different tax levies and ballot initiatives (mostly tax). 

Edited by Amppax