An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll

Peace

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, <3 PopeFrancis said:

When Hillary wins, impeachment process will start faster than one can say bureaucracy.

:smile2:

Not likely.  The attempted cover is worse than what she may have done, but those actors are remiv d from her.   It would be hard to pin it in her, even if she asked for it and things weren't done by eager associates that don't need explicit directions.  It's not all on Hillary.  

30 minutes ago, dairygirl4u2c said:

I am shocked that you've heard of Politifact!    Politifact was partially created by one of the local papers in Tampa Bay, "The Times", which has always been the "liberal" paper.   They just bought the competition, the more mainstream, older, "Tampa Tribune".   

The Tampa Bay Times is a good newspaper, and does some great journalism, but it isn't known as a center it's or unbiased paper.    

Politifact is widely referenced in local TV political talk shows.   The criticism (by liberal and conservative) is it "fact checks" things that are opinions or open to interpretation and selects "trendy topics".  What it compares and opines on aren't really "facts".

Politifact is intended to sell papers by discussing trending topics, not really be an unbiased review of all pertinent issues or even topics that can be factually determined.   It is interesting and generally informative, if you understand what they're doing and take it with a grain of salt.  I wouldn't put it in the same category as left leaning "FAIR", but certainly it isn't completely unbiased. 

Edited by Anomaly

What scares me about Trump is how badly he'd behave when interacting with political leaders of other countries. And for that matter with those in the U.S.

On 10/14/2016 at 9:32 PM, Norseman82 said:

Now I know how Catholics in Spain must have felt in the 1930s...

I'm not seeing parishes burned to the ground and people rounded up and shot in the streets for their belief in the Church.  To compare our current political climate to the Red Terror of 1930s Spain is an insult to those who gave their lives for their beliefs and were victims of that period.

On 10/13/2016 at 1:22 PM, dominicansoul said:

Hilary

Two questions, from reading your posts on every thread.  First, do you intentionally mis-spell that candidate's name every post (and if so, why)? 

Second, why is Donald Trump, "Trump", but Hillary Clinton is "Hillary"?  That's just a general thing I've pondered through the election, and noticed that I've done it as well.

15 hours ago, Peace said:

Watching the 3rd debate. Rubio would have done so much better of a job on the abortion question. 

You should have seen Rubio debate Murphy this week.  It may be on YouTube.    They're both running for US Senate.   I watched part.   Did not see them discuss abortion, but I'm sure it came up. Rubio is very anti abortion and the Dems are slamming him for it. 

Rubio had an excellent response for supporting Trump.   He said Trump isn't his 20th choice for president, and it's Rubio's job to challenge Trmp if Rubio and Trump get elected.  But Trump is still better than Hillary as far as abortion, Hyde Ammendment, etc.

23 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

You should have seen Rubio debate Murphy this week.  It may be on YouTube.    They're both running for US Senate.   I watched part.   Did not see them discuss abortion, but I'm sure it came up. Rubio is very anti abortion and the Dems are slamming him for it. 

Rubio had an excellent response for supporting Trump.   He said Trump isn't his 20th choice for president, and it's Rubio's job to challenge Trmp if Rubio and Trump get elected.  But Trump is still better than Hillary as far as abortion, Hyde Ammendment, etc.

Thanks. I will try to find it. I would love to see a Rubio / Haley ticket in 2020.

Me, not so much. Rubio is a bit too much a political machine creature though I do like many if his positions.   My wife (not US born) loves him.  He helped us out with a passport issue a few years ago.  Rubio needs to do a full term, full time, as a senator.  

Rubio was ahead until recently.  The gap narrowed significantly because the Dems are selling anti-abortion as anti-woman.   Evil Republicans are anti-women as evidenced by being anti-abortion, even with a Zika infection.   That is a HUGE issue.  Nobody sees the duplicity of saying it's okay to kill a burdensome person as a "life respectful" choice.   It's sociopathic.

This is an easy choice. :stubborn: Four more years of Trump memes! :smokey:

Let's face it. We've had severe decline in memes under the Clintons. China is mass producing cheap memes. We can't compete with their child labor factories producing memes for pennies on the dollar! Illegal Mexican memes cross the border every day! Trump will build a meme wall to keep the illegal Mexican memes in Mexico. And Mexico will pay! Believe me. NAFTA has allowed all of our meme manufacturing to be outsourced to Mexico! Trump will reverse NAFTA, and block the Trans Pacific Meme Partnership from shipping the last of our meme jobs overseas. Hillary hates memes! Just ask Pepe, who Hillary suggested, believe it or not, she suggested a drone strike on Pepe. Let's take back our memes from the globalist elites who want to leave us poor and memeless so they can line their pockets!

48807968.cached.jpg

clinton choice for the next attorney general of the US plead the 5th 74 times

she reminds me of Al Capone

Hillary Clinton is considering retaining Loretta Lynch as Attorney General if she wins the presidency, according to a report from The New York Times

seems legit :x

of course, Attorney General Loretta Lynch objected to the decision by FBI Director James Comey to notify Congress that the bureau was reviewing newly discovered emails that might be related to the previously closed investigation of Hillary Clinton’s handling of classified information, according to an official familiar with the matter.

54 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

Democracy is dead...

Democracy is not dead.

It's just that current society is disappointed that democracy Is not easy, not simple, and requires more intellectual engagement than used to create (or read) a tweet.