An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll

Peace

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I really... really... REALLY.. hate to do this but I am leaning towards Trump, because he's the one most likely to elect pro-life judges in the supreme court, and overturn Roe V Wade. There will most likely be  2-3 supreme court  spots  up for grabs during the next  presidential term.  The ugliest election  (this one)  may also be the most important election for the next 20-30 years.. long after Trump/Hillary's  presidency is over.  I would normally endorse a 3rd party in this spot but, 1, Johnson and Stein are both pro-choice and 2.. there's too much on the line to vote against Trump. Even if you don't think Trump is pro-life, the pro-life cause will be a side-effect to his supreme court nominations.

I know there's a lot of insane stuff going on between Wiki Leaks/Emails and Trumps outlandish comments, but this could be all a smoke screen put there by the devil himself to distract us from overturning Roe V Wade.  (And believe me, I'm quite fascinated with the whole e-mail thing)

I'm also not a fan of the "You're not pro-life if.."narrative . Sure, there are a lot of other things we need to be mindful of, but   when hundreds of thousands of lives per year don't get to see the world outside of their mother's womb.. That's gonna be the grand daddy issue. If we ever get an anti-abortion vs anti-abortion election, then we can start addressing these other issues.

Has anybody heard these "Grab them by the p----" comments that were released by the Washington Post yesterday? 

I don't think I can vote for someone who talks like that. Not going there. Sorry. 

How does anyone who plans on voting for Trump defend that one? What possible way are you gonna try to construe the words and argue that he isn't sexist? I would be intested in hearing that. 

But anyway. Once again I think this proves the point that many Republican voters are dumb, or just don't care about winning. Of course this material gets released a few weeks before the election. Of course some Democrat was aware of it during the  primaries. Of course they waited until now to release it, just as the other Republican candidates warned during the primaries.

dominicansoul

i don't think anyone here has argued that trump is a bastion of morality.  ive only pointed out he's the lesser of two evils.  Both are evil.  But talking smutty and being a blowhard is nowhere even close to being equal to Hilary and her promises to planned parenthood and abortion.  Im sure Clinton has said some horrific things in private but there was no microphone to catch it.  And we know all the other things she's done that are far worse than locker room banter.  

There hasn't been a pillar of values or a canonized saint in my lifetime that has run for either party... I'm still voting for the lesser of the evils because I must vote against the powers that promote planned parenthood.  

4 hours ago, Peace said:

But anyway. Once again I think this proves the point that many Republican voters are dumb, or just don't care about winning.

My opinion is catholic voters are dumb and don't care enough about abortion.  If we were as passionate about our faith instead of believing the brainwashing dribble of liberals over the decades that our religion has no importance in the public arena, a man like trump would have never become the republican nominee, nor would the democrat party have become the party of planned parenthood (the majority of democrats used to be prolife.  Heck, the kennedys were catholic at one point but sold out to power and greed.). 

38 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

i don't think anyone here has argued that trump is a bastion of morality.  ive only pointed out he's the lesser of two evils.  Both are evil.  But talking smutty and being a blowhard is nowhere even close to being equal to Hilary and her promises to planned parenthood and abortion.  Im sure Clinton has said some horrific things in private but there was no microphone to catch it.  And we know all the other things she's done that are far worse than locker room banter.  

There hasn't been a pillar of values or a canonized saint in my lifetime that has run for either party... I'm still voting for the lesser of the evils because I must vote against the powers that promote planned parenthood.  

I would be willing to bet that Trump has personally paid for more abortions than Hillary has. I don't see why people think he will be better on this issue considering his lack of credibility on almost everything, but I suppose that we have been down this route before. 

I wonder. Is there anything that Trump could say that would cause you to not vote for him? 

If the next video they release has him saying "I want to re-enslave all black people" are you going to be like "Well, slavery is bad and all, but it isn't as bad as abortion. You have to vote for the lesser of two evils."?

It seems as though as long as he says "I am pro life" he can basically say whatever else in the world he wants to, no matter how repulsive.

My opinion is catholic voters are dumb and don't care enough about abortion.  If we were as passionate about our faith instead of believing the brainwashing dribble of liberals over the decades that our religion has no importance in the public arena, a man like trump would have never become the republican nominee, nor would the democrat party have become the party of planned parenthood (the majority of democrats used to be prolife.  Heck, the kennedys were catholic at one point but sold out to power and greed.). 

Sure, many Catholics are dumb as well, and many of them are pro-choice. I would say they are more CINO than Catholic.

KnightofChrist

The vulgar barbarian is still far more civilized than the child butcher. 

I can still understand people not voting for either, what I'll never understand is anyone even suggesting the child butcher is better.

Slavery like Abortion is an non-negotiable. Both make some persons legal non-persons based on relativistic standards of approved human form, cognitive abilities, and dependence on the person who has mastery over them.

21 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

The vulgar barbarian is still far more civilized than the child butcher. 

I can still understand people not voting for either, what I'll never understand is anyone even suggesting the child butcher is better.

How is she a child butcher but Trump isn't? How many abortions has she personally had? Who specifically did she go up to and say "I want you to abort your child?"

You look at how much money this man Trump has, the type of playboy lifestyle that he lives, and the fact that he has called himself very pro choice and in favor of partial birth abortions. You honestly think this man has not personally paid for tons of abortions himself and encouraged many of the models and groupies that he has slept around with to have abortions? How is he not a child butcher?

KnightofChrist

Below is some evidence from Planned Child Butchering R Us itself that Hillary is a child butcher, and why child butchers are opposed to Trump. If you have any evidence that can prove Trump has had directly cooperated in abortion(s), I'd like to see it. Otherwise I've no time for hypothesis, theories, or conjecture.

Trump states that he has changed his views and was wrong. That's still better than Clinton who arrogantly remains an unrepentant extreme advocate for child butchering.

Clinton shut down an anti-abortion member of Congress. As secretary of state, she fiercely defended the role of the U.S. government in family planning, calling it an essential part of reproductive health care — including access to safe and legal abortion.

Clinton fought attempts to ban safe and legal abortion. As senator, she helped prevent the passage of bills that would have eliminated the ability to access abortion safely and legally. She also voted to protect access — including for military servicewomen and low-income women.

Clinton pledged to repeal the Hyde Amendment — so that a woman’s income or zip code doesn’t determine whether or not she can access abortion safely and legally.She said Hyde has harmful implications for women accessing abortion: “Any right that requires you to take extraordinary measures to access it is no right at all.”

Trump said he wants to ban abortion and that the best way to do it is “by electing me president.”

Trump said if abortion is banned, there “has to be some form ofpunishment for any woman who has one, but the man involved in the pregnancy shouldn’t be punished. After being criticized for saying that, Trump said it was “not a wrong answer” and that “a lot of people thought [his] answer was excellent.”

Trump said he would appoint anti-abortion judges to the Supreme Court.

Clinton has been an outspoken and frequent supporter of Planned Parenthood on and beyond the campaign trail. After anti-abortion extremists threatened Planned Parenthood health centers with funding cuts, smear videos, and violent attacks, Clinton was loud and clear about standing with Planned Parenthood, including tweeting over 50 times about her support.

When Planned Parenthood was mentioned in the Democratic debates, Clinton was the first or only candidate to stand up for Planned Parenthood, calling out the moderators for never asking about abortion rights: "We need to be talking about that and defending Planned Parenthood from these outrageous attacks."

There is no doubt that President Clinton will be a strong supporter and defender of Planned Parenthood: As she said herself, “I will always defend Planned Parenthood. And I will say, consistently and proudly: Planned Parenthood should be funded, supported, and appreciated — not undermined, misrepresented, and demonized.”

Trump has repeatedly called for “defunding” Planned Parenthood — in other words banning patients from turning to Planned Parenthood health centers for care. “I’m for defunding Planned Parenthood, very strongly,” he said.

Trump said he would even support a government shutdown over Planned Parenthood funding. That’s right: He would shut down the whole government just to try and block patients who rely on federal funds from getting birth control and cancer screenings at Planned Parenthood.

dominicansoul

Hilarys the child butcher cos she is supported by the corporation that slaughters babies in the womb and manufactures their child parts to the highest bidders.  There's not one aspect of our society that hasnt been affected by their child butchery.  It's tentacles reach out into our lives affecting us all, whether you even realize it or not.  I'm tired of my cooperation in this evil.  Our taxes go to this company.  We can't even use certain cosmetics or drink certain soft drinks because somehow a child's parts were involved in the making of said product.  Why do we stand it all?  All of us should be ashamed for letting it get this far...

Trump may be guilty of the same, after all he's a democrat.  But the party he's a nominee for and his campaign promises are prolife.  Hilary's is definitely not.  We don't know if he will keep his promises, but he might.  We definitely know Hilary will keep her promise to planned parenthood, so voting for trump is a risk I will take... 

16 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

Below is some evidence from Planned Child Butchering R Us itself that Hillary is a child butcher, and why child butchers are opposed to Trump. If you have any evidence that can prove Trump has had directly cooperated in abortion(s), I'd like to see it. Otherwise I've no time for hypothesis, theories, or conjecture.

Trump states that he has changed his views and was wrong. That's still better than Clinton who arrogantly remains an unrepentant extreme advocate for child butchering.

Clinton shut down an anti-abortion member of Congress. As secretary of state, she fiercely defended the role of the U.S. government in family planning, calling it an essential part of reproductive health care — including access to safe and legal abortion.

Clinton fought attempts to ban safe and legal abortion. As senator, she helped prevent the passage of bills that would have eliminated the ability to access abortion safely and legally. She also voted to protect access — including for military servicewomen and low-income women.

Clinton pledged to repeal the Hyde Amendment — so that a woman’s income or zip code doesn’t determine whether or not she can access abortion safely and legally.She said Hyde has harmful implications for women accessing abortion: “Any right that requires you to take extraordinary measures to access it is no right at all.”

Trump said he wants to ban abortion and that the best way to do it is “by electing me president.”

Trump said if abortion is banned, there “has to be some form ofpunishment for any woman who has one, but the man involved in the pregnancy shouldn’t be punished. After being criticized for saying that, Trump said it was “not a wrong answer” and that “a lot of people thought [his] answer was excellent.”

Trump said he would appoint anti-abortion judges to the Supreme Court.

Clinton has been an outspoken and frequent supporter of Planned Parenthood on and beyond the campaign trail. After anti-abortion extremists threatened Planned Parenthood health centers with funding cuts, smear videos, and violent attacks, Clinton was loud and clear about standing with Planned Parenthood, including tweeting over 50 times about her support.

When Planned Parenthood was mentioned in the Democratic debates, Clinton was the first or only candidate to stand up for Planned Parenthood, calling out the moderators for never asking about abortion rights: "We need to be talking about that and defending Planned Parenthood from these outrageous attacks."

There is no doubt that President Clinton will be a strong supporter and defender of Planned Parenthood: As she said herself, “I will always defend Planned Parenthood. And I will say, consistently and proudly: Planned Parenthood should be funded, supported, and appreciated — not undermined, misrepresented, and demonized.”

Trump has repeatedly called for “defunding” Planned Parenthood — in other words banning patients from turning to Planned Parenthood health centers for care. “I’m for defunding Planned Parenthood, very strongly,” he said.

Trump said he would even support a government shutdown over Planned Parenthood funding. That’s right: He would shut down the whole government just to try and block patients who rely on federal funds from getting birth control and cancer screenings at Planned Parenthood.

Who's child has she killed? You have to actually kill someone to be a murderer, do you not? 

By your definition 90 percent of Americans are seemingly child butchers since most Americans at least support for abortive rights in the case of rape or incest.

As we have discussed before, there is a difference between personally committing an act oneself, and believing that an act should not be criminalized. Were this not the case I could accuse you of being pro-masturbation, pro-adultery, and a host of other sins.

Edited by Peace

dominicansoul
1 minute ago, Peace said:

Who's child has she killed? You have to be actually kill someone to be a murderer, do you not?

By your definition, not even Hitler is a murderer.  

KnightofChrist

She is directly involved in our nation's legal acts of abortion. Direct involvement in making or amending or protecting laws that directly allow the legal extermination of children, and vowing to continue doing so, direct involvement in allotting substantial taxpayer funding of child butchering, and vowing to continue doing so, directly accepting direct donations from child butchering enterprises. Her actions are far greater than some unsourced apparent opinion poll. Without people like Clinton other people could not legally butcher children. She is directly involved in our nation's legal acts of abortion because she has had direct involvement in protecting or funding the laws that allow such acts.

The abortion issue is obviously important, but let's also remember that if Hilary gets elected, she will gut religious liberty. Wait until your parishes start having to pay propert taxes. 

24 minutes ago, CatherineM said:

The abortion issue is obviously important, but let's also remember that if Hilary gets elected, she will gut religious liberty. Wait until your parishes start having to pay propert taxes. 

Then Churches will be allowed to publicly endorse presidents.. Is the left okay with this?

On 10/7/2016 at 0:45 PM, Amppax said:

Has anyone said I'm going to hell if I don't vote for Trump yet?

Not unless you do vote for Hillary.

On 10/8/2016 at 8:15 AM, Peace said:

Has anybody heard these "Grab them by the p----" comments that were released by the Washington Post yesterday? 

I don't think I can vote for someone who talks like that. Not going there. Sorry. 

How does anyone who plans on voting for Trump defend that one? What possible way are you gonna try to construe the words and argue that he isn't sexist? I would be intested in hearing that. 

But anyway. Once again I think this proves the point that many Republican voters are dumb, or just don't care about winning. Of course this material gets released a few weeks before the election. Of course some Democrat was aware of it during the  primaries. Of course they waited until now to release it, just as the other Republican candidates warned during the primaries.

Hillary's been quoted as saying a lot worse, many times, in private.  Of course, you can dismiss it all as hearsay, but those who have dealt with her personally are pretty much unanimous in saying that she's an extremely nasty, verbally abusive, and foul-mouthed person, who treats those under her (particularly security personnel) like absolute garbage.

Not to mention that she's often actively covered up for her pervert husband's sexual misdeeds against women.

I'm not making excuses for Trump, or saying he's not a vulgar you-know-what, but those who attack him on such grounds as unworthy of the White House, while supporting the Hillary, are hypocritical in the extreme.

1 hour ago, Socrates said:

Not unless you do vote for Hillary.

I have never said that I would. And have, in fact, said that I will not. 

...I'm not making excuses for Trump...

Yes you are. But hey, whatever helps you sleep at night :like:

On 10/8/2016 at 3:25 PM, Peace said:

Who's child has she killed? You have to actually kill someone to be a murderer, do you not? 

By your definition 90 percent of Americans are seemingly child butchers since most Americans at least support for abortive rights in the case of rape or incest.

As we have discussed before, there is a difference between personally committing an act oneself, and believing that an act should not be criminalized. Were this not the case I could accuse you of being pro-masturbation, pro-adultery, and a host of other sins.

There's a difference between private opinions, and even public ones, and direct political action in support of legalized murder. It's the difference between different levels of cooperation in morality. Here's a handy chart that breaks it all down: http://epicpew.com/this-flowchart-will-tell-you-when-cooperation-with-evil-is-illicit/. Even if the first point of the chart in that link wasn't the case (which it is, and makes it easy in this case, as we are not to cooperate in abortion, period) Hillary's cooperation with abortion is formal cooperation, which is gravely sinful. 

Edited by Amppax