An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll

Peace

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Here in Florida, the Democrat ads are all about how Jolly, Rubio, Trump, and Republicans are backwards and anti-woman.  The Democrats are pro-women and will protect their right to abortion and will work to eliminate the Hyde amendment that prevents tax money being spent on women's "healthcare" to provide abortions. 

Its pretty appalling that abortion is the big difference between Dems and Reps in ads and it is being sold as anti-women to be against abortion.  I don't see how Catholic's can justify empowering Democrats when they advertise how pro-abortion they are, but hey, I must just not get morality. 

On 9/25/2016 at 10:33 PM, Nihil Obstat said:

Obviously I am not American, so my experience is different from yours, but being married to an American I do see a lot of the same sorts of things on Facebook. To be honest I am seeing quite a lot of the kind of 'down to earth conservative folk' who are enthusiastically pro-Trump. The sort of NASCAR watching Bud drinking redneck sorts. And I do not mean that negatively (heck, they are usually proud of it, so more power to them), just a characterization.

Although I agree that his support has broadened with the lesser of two evils approach. No argument from me there.

I think it is fair to say that the populist support that carried Trump so far has, up until now, generally been lumped together with conservatism. Maybe in hindsight we can subdivide them and see where the finer demarcation was, but I think even say four years ago Trump's populist supporters and the movement conservatives you are referring to were by and large supporting the same people, or at least the same handful of people.

Far enough; seems you're using a somewhat looser definition of "conservative" than I am.  Not saying his die-hard supporters are all a buncha liberals; I just don't think it's really fair to blame the rise of Trump on "conservatism" specifically, when much of the most conservative segment of GOP voters aren't that enamored of him (and many even hate his guts).

Again, I think his appeal for the most part is his personality (and the celebrity factor) and the fact that many people are sick of political correctness and mealy-mouthed politicians.

<3 PopeFrancis

I think this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM6WJV_P2Mw supports your position @dominicansoul excellently though sadly the sound quality is horrible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=24LgxTKpw60

This video is difficult to watch however this is also an issue to keep in mind this election.something to keep in mind this election.

Our Lady of Peace, pray for us.

I am starting to lean towards voting for Trump.

Is he racist? Uh, yes. Let's not deny the obvious. But it would be naive to think that Clinton isn't. 

Abortion is still a wash in my view. Neither of them cares.

I can get on board with lowering taxes, increasing school choice, and taking our immigration laws more seriously. Policy wise I suppose I prefer Trump by a bit.

Yet still, the man's character traits give me   real concern. With Clinton, at least you know what you are getting. 4 more years of the same. With Trump, God knows, and that scares me. As we saw in the debates, the man really doesn't seem capable of going more than 10 minutes without going into an angry insane like ramble. He seems unstable. He really does. I wonder if he really might try something crazy like rounding up millions of people and putting them into internment camps.

He comes out and says something insane, and then we say "well, if he gets elected he won't REALLY do that." But what if he does?

Still in the undecided camp.

CountrySteve21
3 minutes ago, Peace said:

I am starting to lean towards voting for Trump.

Is he racist? Uh, yes. Let's not deny the obvious. But it would be naive to think that Clinton isn't. 

Abortion is still a wash in my view. Neither of them cares.

I can get on board with lowering taxes, increasing school choice, and taking our immigration laws more seriously. Policy wise I suppose I prefer Trump by a bit.

Yet still, the man's character traits give me   real concern. With Clinton, at least you know what you are getting. 4 more years of the same. With Trump, God knows, and that scares me. As we saw in the debates, the man really doesn't seem capable of going more than 10 minutes without going into an angry insane like ramble. He seems unstable. He really does. I wonder if he really might try something crazy like rounding up millions of people and putting them into internment camps.

He comes out and says something insane, and then we say "well, if he gets elected he won't REALLY do that." But what if he does?

Still in the undecided camp.

I think Pence will balance Trump out, plus we do know where he stands on abortion.

LittleWaySoul

Thoughts on this video?

Does this change anyone's thoughts on the election? It gave me a new perspective, I think. 

7 hours ago, CountrySteve21 said:

127fs698873.gif

14 hours ago, LittleWaySoul said:

Thoughts on this video?

Does this change anyone's thoughts on the election? It gave me a new perspective, I think. 

Probably doesn't change my thoughts on this election, but the stats about their inability to win any local races was pretty interesting.  I hope that eventually leads to the party having to be more open to pro-life candidates.

Are there any solid grounds to trust Donald Trump and his policies when he has made some shocking statements and then corrected or modified them in some instances.  Seems to me the shocking statement come from questionable concepts, putting it mildly - the corrections and modifications in the interest of getting the vote.  That causes me to question the man's character and his psychology.  To have Donald Trump in the most powerful position in the world scares me silly...........as an outside looking on.  I do not trust the man one iota.  Even putting the word "trust" in the same sentence as "Donald Trump" is scary.

Has anyone said I'm going to hell if I don't vote for Trump yet? I'm considering this thread a failure of election year phatmassing until that occurs. 

14 minutes ago, Amppax said:

Has anyone said I'm going to hell if I don't vote for Trump yet? I'm considering this thread a failure of election year phatmassing until that occurs. 

You're going to gehenna!

dominicansoul
37 minutes ago, Amppax said:

Hell-toupee.jpg

I'm sorry but this guy (Tim Kaine) is a creep, trump my have a bad hair day but at least he does not advocate free and unfeathered abortion !

according to "planned parenthood"

The nation’s biggest abortion business loves Tim Kaine, Hillary Clinton’s selection as her vice-presidential running mate. The abortion giant praised her selection and noted that he has a 100% pro-abortion voting record in Congress.

Edited by little2add