An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll

Peace

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

<3 PopeFrancis

Gosh, thank you.  We need so many prayers now.  I will definitely keep you, yours, and your nation also in my prayers.  :nun3:

I mean,. :pray:

Wondering ...........

How far do USA voters trust pre-election promises? Trump might promise pre-election he is against abortion and pro-life, can voters trust that that is absolutely assured if he is elected?  Or is Trump merely casting his net into a certain component of the American population.......i.e. saying what they want to hear to hopefully win their vote?  It does seem to me that in the course of the campaign, Trump has changed lanes more than once if a statement of his is not a good political move.

I'm an Aussie.  Donald Trump as President of the most powerful nation on earth is really scary to me.  If he should be elected, I am hoping and praying that I am very wrong indeed. :pray:

<3 PopeFrancis
6 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Wondering ...........

How far do USA voters trust pre-election promises? Trump might promise pre-election he is against abortion and pro-life, can voters trust that that is absolutely assured if he is elected?  Or is Trump merely casting his net into a certain component of the American population.......i.e. saying what they want to hear to hopefully win their vote?  It does seem to me that in the course of the campaign, Trump has changed lanes more than once if a statement of his is not a good political move.

I'm an Aussie.  Donald Trump as President of the most powerful nation on earth is really scary to me.  If he should be elected, I am hoping and praying that I am very wrong indeed. :pray:

Example:  Obama was against same-sex marriage while running then legalized it.  Donald is really playing a game - Nihil had a good explanation of his tactic.  A game is a game.   It is not real life and is not what even he imagines.

12 hours ago, <3 PopeFrancis said:

I love Australia!!! :x  

totally wrong emoji   :love:

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 5:29 PM, <3 PopeFrancis said:

if we do what German citizens did not do and not allow atrocities to unfold

?

On ‎21‎/‎09‎/‎2016 at 5:29 PM, <3 PopeFrancis said:

The United States was vehement at the trials of crimes against humanity

?

<3 PopeFrancis
7 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

?

?

The German and surrounding nations could have intervened when the crimes went as far as they did.  The people allowed it to develop to a killing machine government.  They could have bound Hitler's hand if they stood up to him  and value what was most in society, namely people.

The Nuremburg trials in Germany was were they gave judgementy as Judge representing the U.S.  along with England, France and Russia.  The trials was made to prevent killing on an industrial and mechanical scale from happening in the future.

Each nation had a judgement representative.

3 hours ago, <3 PopeFrancis said:

The German and surrounding nations could have intervened when the crimes went as far as they did.  The people allowed it to develop to a killing machine government.  They could have bound Hitler's hand if they stood up to him  and value what was most in society, namely people.

The Nuremburg trials in Germany was were they gave judgementy as Judge representing the U.S.  along with England, France and Russia.  The trials was made to prevent killing on an industrial and mechanical scale from happening in the future.

Each nation had a judgement representative.

Thank you for the reply, PF.

As I see it, the German people were skilfully groomed by Hitler.  As long as they were getting what they wanted and needed they supported him, when things went wrong economically they doubted him.  Hitler recognised what he needed to do before he could go ahead with his real plans, and that was to win the people over completely to him and he did and this was by giving them what they wanted consciously or unconsciously.  The people getting what they wanted gradually went along with it all and supported Hitler's killing machine.  Almost nothing that Hitler did was immediate - at least until his war machine got going. There was a gradual process or grooming lead up to his real objectives and goals. Pre-election campaigns are about winning the people over, grooming in order to win votes.  Personally, I would not trust a personality like Donald Trump seems to possess to hold the presidency of the USA.

Yes, Nuremburg was also about "we will never let it happen again" - and if we look at history, what have we again allowed to happen again? http://endgenocide.org/learn/past-genocides/

Edited by BarbaraTherese

25 minutes ago, CatherineM said:

Hitler also financed all his programs on loans which were about to come due when he started the war. 

I agree.  It was due to loans to Germany that the country was lifted out of dire poverty. Hitler warned that the good economic conditions in Germany were on very unstable ground (loans).  When the stock market crashed, the loans (mainly from the USA) were called in it plunged Germany again into poverty and this worked for Hitler. Hitler was thus seen as a 'prophet' and the people were ready to listen to him.  He told them what they wanted to hear and they listened and were ready to follow him.  He gained some power and from that base he eventually made himself Fuhrer or Leader.  Germany was no longer democratic but ruled by a terrible dictator and the whole world was in jeopardy - and just as ready to believe the lies of Hitler as the German people were.  Hitler proved to be a shocking conscious and deliberate liar and at the level of international diplomacy and negotiations.

And so the story of the rise of Hitler continues.  Be it as it may, Trump seems to me to be a personality hard/impossible to understand what he might really be about (that for me is a Hitler type of similarity i.e hidden agenda).  Trump has chopped and changed from one statement to the opposite so many times, it does seem rather obvious to me that he is in pre-election mode and the focus is keep the target audience happy and "get the votes" - but Donald has a very high opinion of himself and rather often speaks out loudly from some sort of inner base/opinions/beliefs that is not going to win votes at all and his resulting statements are offensive and even dangerous. He speaks out because of an 'I am, I can, I will. I am Trump' opinion of himself in my book.  Doubtless, his political campaign advisors have near on heart attacks (target audience at risk) and behind the scenes advise Donald and so next thing, Donald is saying the precise opposite.  I very much doubt that given the presidency of the USA, Donald will listen to anyone at all except his 'magnificent' self.  I hope, however, that I am truly very wrong on all scores everywhere.

I don't trust the man.  I am not an American citizen, but an Aussie living in Australia.

<3 PopeFrancis

Trump has been likened to Hitler by many people across the political spectrum.   He wants to take advantage of the vulnerable position in his very own country for what (presidency?!).  I agree it doesn't get much lower that that; but what to do about Hilary?   I feel she is just as bad.  We don't have to vote for either party. 

10 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

Be it as it may, Trump seems to me to be a personality hard/impossible to understand what he might really be about (that for me is a Hitler type of similarity i.e hidden agenda). 

The scary thing is that he doesn't really seem to have an agenda.  I think Anomaly said something that nailed it on the head for me.  The person who works with the Mentally Ill on this forum likened it to some kind of dementia.  It seems right.  

11 hours ago, CatherineM said:

Hitler also financed all his programs on loans which were about to come due when he started the war. 

I know and have spoken to people who were part of these programs.  One of the lucky survivor's from Poland went to work in the mine's in Germany for five years no pay.  

10 hours ago, BarbaraTherese said:

It was due to loans to Germany that the country was lifted out of dire poverty. Hitler warned that the good economic conditions in Germany were on very unstable ground (loans).  When the stock market crashed, the loans (mainly from the USA) were called in it plunged Germany again into poverty and this worked for Hitler.

"I can make these stones into bread" the devil to Jesus in the desert.

I don't think it is dementia, rather rampant arrogance and narcissism.  My way or hit the highway mentality that in pre-election mode as he is, is a mentality he hides insofar as he is able........... because of his mentality.  I think Donald Trump does have an agenda : "Me Me Me".  I mean the man has 'achieved' insofar as general society might be concerned and he loves to consistently brag about it.  Talk about "I am the greatest!"......... God bless and keep Muhammad Ali..........  If Trump gets the Presidency of the USA - where on earth to then.  That is what I find scary.  I mean, look at the blunders of George Bush and the lead up into the war with Iraq post 9/11- and our Australian prime minister and many of our intellectuals followed Bush into Iraq, as did Britain.  We now know the intelligence information we (public) were given was absolutely incorrect and even worse that perhaps political leadership knew it.  I will never forget my aged Dominican nun who taught me taking me aside to say simply "Keep your eyes on the Middle East" and that has proven to be quite prophetic.  I also read in Time Magazine many years before 9/11, Bush and the invasion of Iraq that the reason the USA was leaving Hussein in Iraq was because if he was removed, there was a fear that it would destabilize the Middle East - prophetic and jolly good political commentary I later thought (as the events post invasion Iraq unfold and continue to unfold in our day).

If I look at our world situation, the thought of Trump in the Presidency of the USA............is plain scary.  Not only that, but the USA has major internal problems too (as do we).  Abortion is a huge issue, huge.  But if I were a voter in the USA, I would be looking very deeply indeed into my vote and seeking as sound and informed, wise, information I could get and before I voted.

I'll try and find it tomorrow - I was reading a blog by Jimmy Akin on the political situation in the USA and the abortion issue - and he did give alternatives re voting - I think anyway.  As always, Akin was a good read.   I read the blog post with interest without really deep concentration.  My bad.

I am an Australian in Australia and just letting my thoughts out with a minimum of editing, just typing away with my thoughts.  I am waiting for someone to post  - "None of your business - butt out!" :)   Goodness knows we in Australia have made some lousy decisions indeed re political leadership.  But then when I look at our choices ??? 

Although at face value at this point from so far away without in-depth research, I would be more inclined towards Clinton than Trump.  Clinton is ambitious for sure and her time is running out due to her age and the Presidency probably has been a very long dream for her - Trump to me is just plain crazy, out of his cotton 'pickin mind!  Although psychopaths are not insane.  Psychopathic personality, I have read does not always race around 'with an axe and murderous intent'.  the psychopathic personality can sublimate and even make excellent CEO's of marked social contribution.

Maybe we do indeed get the politicians we deserve. 

Edit:  My position is that I sincerely doubt that Trump will stick to an anti-abortion issue if he gets the Presidency, it will depend on whether maintaining anti-abortion will feed into his ego in some way.  I do not trust Trump for a minute, second, millisecond!

Did a very quick Google and came up I think with the blog post I read from Akin (below) ............OCD...........nope not Order Carmel Discalced, rather obsessive compulsive disorder.........my story and I am sticking to it.:whistle:..........reason? Maybe,.........but  no excuse at all.

http://jimmyakin.com/2004/09/what_ratzinger_.html

I find it ironic that in most of my very liberal political science classes, when conservatives likensd the Democrat Party to the Nazis of Germany solely based on the Democrat Party political machine that runs and supports the million dollar baby-slaying corporation that is Planned Parenthood, the cries of "Godwins law" silenced most of intelligent discussion.  Now liberals are throwing out  Trump comparisons to Hitler and not a peep of "Godwins law" is heard.

Hilary is way scarier.  I find the entire democrat party pretty narcissistic seeing that they feel they can dictate who is human and who is not, legalize murder and force the entire populace to pay into it, stomping on everybody's morals and religious beliefs even that  of Catholic Nuns...

The democrats do this under the guise of being a compassionate party for the family, women, children and the poor.    They promise free stuff and paychecks and bread on people's tables all the while their systematic murder goes on in concentration... I mean...abortion clinics throughout the world...if you can't see the similarities between Hitler's Germany and what we've become...you're surely not looking hard enough.   And what's most horrifying is we've killed more people than hitler and all the ungodly dictators of the 20th century combined...

catholics went along with Hitler's Jewish Solution  then, catholics go along with democrats abortion supporting policies  now... 

now THAT is scary! 

56 minutes ago, dominicansoul said:

I find it ironic that in most of my very liberal political science classes, when conservatives likensd the Democrat Party to the Nazis of Germany solely based on the Democrat Party political machine that runs and supports the million dollar baby-slaying corporation that is Planned Parenthood, the cries of "Godwins law" silenced most of intelligent discussion.  Now liberals are throwing out  Trump comparisons to Hitler and not a peep of "Godwins law" is heard.

Hilary is way scarier.  I find the entire democrat party pretty narcissistic seeing that they feel they can dictate who is human and who is not, legalize murder and force the entire populace to pay into it, stomping on everybody's morals and religious beliefs even that  of Catholic Nuns...

The democrats do this under the guise of being a compassionate party for the family, women, children and the poor.    They promise free stuff and paychecks and bread on people's tables all the while their systematic murder goes on in concentration... I mean...abortion clinics throughout the world...if you can't see the similarities between Hitler's Germany and what we've become...you're surely not looking hard enough.   And what's most horrifying is we've killed more people than hitler and all the ungodly dictators of the 20th century combined...

catholics went along with Hitler's Jewish Solution  then, catholics go along with democrats abortion supporting policies  now... 

now THAT is scary! 

Take deep breaths and count to 10.