An Old School Catholic Message Board

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll

Peace

The Totally Unoffical Phatmass US Presidential Election Poll  

62 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

4 hours ago, little2add said:

If Trump had acted on his nasty comments someone would've come forward by now.  Trump said; he did not do anything and  apologize.  I find it hard to believe that if anyone was molested or asssulted that they would've come forward (for the money...) with details, etc.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/13/us/politics/donald-trump-women.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news&_r=0

4 hours ago, Anomaly said:

He still may have acted as bragged, but most people believe he is more of a braggadocio nozzle than a perverted abuser.    Though I tend to think if Trump had actually really done those things, he'd have more lawsuits than Bill Cosby or Bill Clinton

You didn't seem to have any trouble believing him when he said he was pro-life.

23 minutes ago, Peace said:

Or the Teen Miss USA contestants who have said that he walked into their changing room while they were changing, some of whom were as young as 15. Or the Miss USA contestants who allege the same, and some who allege worse. Or the woman in Palm Beach alleging these things. Or the woman who sued him in the 1990's for assaulting her (who, by the way, is a Republican). Or the lawsuit (filed months ago) which alleges that he raped a women who was 13 at the time of the assault. Or, or, or...

Seriously, why are we still defending him against these charges? Don't deflect by pointing at Bill Clinton, don't deflect by pointing at 50 Shades of Grey, don't deflect (*COUGH COUGH* KoC) by the absurd claim that if he wasn't a Republican this wouldn't be a thing. Bill Clinton is a horrible human being, but that doesn't change the fact that Donald Trump is a horrible human being. Our culture is hyper-sexualized, but the solution to that isn't choosing as our leader a serial adulterer, the owner of strip clubs and "beauty" pageants, and a man who has appeared in Playboy Magazine multiple times. Finally, I can name quite a few Democrats whose sexual scandals ended or damaged their political careers. For example, you have Anthony Weiner and Elliot Spitzer. Even Bill Clinton, because yes, it has damaged his career and image. 

Don't excuse it, because it's inexcusable. 

Edited by Amppax

KnightofChrist
45 minutes ago, Peace said:

You have grossly overstated the facts, but here is the video, for anyone who wants to judge for himself:

The Clinton interview has already been reported by the media on many occasions.  The reason why the American people are talking much about the Trump tape and not so much about the Clinton tape is because they have enough plain common sense to realize that what Clinton said is not even in the same ballpark as saying that you are going to walk up to women and "grab them in the p----".

The rape victim has stated she feels that Hillary laughed at her, mocked her, and helped destroy her childhood by arguing that she really wanted it and asking for it. According to the victim Clinton argued that the victim was seeking out older men and fantized about being raped. To me that's worse, but maybe you and others know better than the victim herself idk. 

The media hasn't reported on that as they have on Trump's comments. 

You and others don't want to forgive or look pass Trump's words and actions. That's fine with me. I just find it amazing that Democrats do get away with these types of things. Bill Clinton has raped and sexually assaulted multiple women, no jail time, media praised him and stat on most of those until broken by alt media, Anthony Weiner sex texts the first and second times, then a third when he sex texts a underage girl, no charges yet, media praised him and sat on that until broken by alt media, John Edwards impregnated his mistress as he was running for President and his wife was dying of cancer, the media praised him and sat on that on until broken by alt media, and there are other examples. 

The recent Wiki leaks show there is in fact coordination between the media and the Democrat Party which includes protection and promotion of the Democrat Party.

Again, I don't care if anyone thinks Trump is unforgivable, and unworthy of the presidency. But Hillary is worse, and yes she is still a child butcher in a similar way that Mao was a butcher.

Also pro-choice is a term that dehumanizes the person who's life rest on that choice and that choice is whether or not to slaughter that person. A Christian should not use the term.

16 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

You and others don't want to forgive or look pass Trump's words and actions. That's fine with me. I just find it amazing that Democrats do get away with these types of things. Bill Clinton has raped and sexually assaulted multiple women, no jail time, media praised him and stat on most of those until broken by alt media, Anthony Weiner sex texts the first and second times, then a third when he sex texts a underage girl, no charges yet, media praised him and sat on that until broken by alt media, John Edwards impregnated his mistress as he was running for President and his wife was dying of cancer, the media praised him and sat on that on until broken by alt media, and there are other examples.

Right. Because Weiner and Edwards have great careers atm. You're obfuscation on behalf of this doofus looser is pathetic

LittleWaySoul
2 hours ago, Amppax said:

Or the Teen Miss USA contestants who have said that he walked into their changing room while they were changing, some of whom were as young as 15. Or the Miss USA contestants who allege the same, and some who allege worse. Or the woman in Palm Beach alleging these things. Or the woman who sued him in the 1990's for assaulting her (who, by the way, is a Republican). Or the lawsuit (filed months ago) which alleges that he raped a women who was 13 at the time of the assault. Or, or, or...

Seriously, why are we still defending him against these charges? Don't deflect by pointing at Bill Clinton, don't deflect by pointing at 50 Shades of Grey, don't deflect (*COUGH COUGH* KoC) by the absurd claim that if he wasn't a Republican this wouldn't be a thing. Bill Clinton is a horrible human being, but that doesn't change the fact that Donald Trump is a horrible human being. Our culture is hyper-sexualized, but the solution to that isn't choosing as our leader a serial adulterer, the owner of strip clubs and "beauty" pageants, and a man who has appeared in Playboy Magazine multiple times. Finally, I can name quite a few Democrats whose sexual scandals ended or damaged their political careers. For example, you have Anthony Weiner and Elliot Spitzer. Even Bill Clinton, because yes, it has damaged his career and image. 

IMG_7310.GIF

So many variations of the 50 Shades/our-culture-smells of elderberries meme, so little time to explain why it doesn't excuse Trump.

By the way, who cares if Democrats got off easier? That still doesn't excuse Trump's actions. Unless, of course, you agree with the way the Democrats supposedly got away with their actions. In which case, by all means, be my guest in giving Trump the same treatment. 

CountrySteve21
10 hours ago, Amppax said:

In summary, when it comes to this election we are doomed.

dominicansoul
17 hours ago, LittleWaySoul said:

I've been really alarmed at how quickly and deftly Trump and his supporters have tried to spin his words away from an admission of sexual assault to him merely "talking smutty" and making "lewd comments." As many many others have pointed out lately, it's not the vulgar terms that are problematic with what he said, it's the actions he's describing. Those actions are classified as sexual assault.

Vote how you want, but let's all at least acknowledge this plain fact. Making excuses like Trump has been doing is immature and intellectually lazy. I will still respect your decision to vote for him for the sake of being hopeful about the pro-life issue and the Supreme Court, but let's all agree that what he said goes beyond "locker room talk" and "crude language."

I'm not making excuses for him.  Back then he was a democrat and a sleazy douchebag.  That was 11 years ago.  Since that time, Trump has been a regular on television, friends to powerful democrat politicians, had a pretty popular television show, supported all kinds of atrocious things like partial birth abortion and probably has had women kill their unborn as well.  He was someone celebrities hanged with and people generally liked him over all.  He was always on the night show circuit.  Where was the outrage against him within that 11 years?   For me what we heard really was "locker room talk" and "crude language" that sadly enough, I have heard amongst even women I work with.  I would share some of the convos I've heard but it would be a RATED X conversation.  Possibly even worse than what we hear Trump saying.  Do I feel like these women I work with are out to rape men?  I honestly don't think they do it, they are just extremely vulgar.  Our immoral society has forced fed entire generations on how sex is nothing of value and has created an environment where we see each other as mere objects to satisfy our own lustful desires.  Planned Parenthood comes into our schools every day to make sure our children grow up thinking this same way.  Trump's private convo in that bus filled with laughing men could be a promotion for Planned Parenthood, who has aided in the rape of minors and protected men who actually do grab young girls by their p**** and then force them to have abortions.  I don't believe Trump did the things he said he did, and it was just him talking about it.  IT was UGLY and it was VULGAR, and he should be horsewhipped for it.  

Today he's a democrat trying to pretend he's a republican to win the presidency or to help Hilary win.  Again, nothing I've said in this thread is praising the man or defending his behavior or personality, my entire point has been the many Catholics don't take the abortion issue seriously enough and will vote for the Democrat party time and time again even when through the years, we have seen there is no limit as to where they will give their powerful support to the many butchering ways of ending the unborns' life, selling their body parts and manufacturing them as goods to be used in production of items.  To me that is even more alarming than defending Trump.   If I've defended Trump its only against the ugly horrific evil of Hilary that is getting ignored because of all these deflections the media keeps hoping will make her president when she's just as horrific a person.  I even mentioned at the beginning that we have these two nincompoops as our presidential nominees because we Catholics don't stand up for what matters and that's to stop abortion.  We would have had a truly pro-life candidate by now, but we keep friggin voting for the anti-Catholic pro-abortion democrats! 

KnightofChrist
1 hour ago, dominicansoul said:

I'm not making excuses for him.  Back then he was a democrat and a sleazy douchebag.  That was 11 years ago.  Since that time, Trump has been a regular on television, friends to powerful democrat politicians, had a pretty popular television show, supported all kinds of atrocious things like partial birth abortion and probably has had women kill their unborn as well.  He was someone celebrities hanged with and people generally liked him over all.  He was always on the night show circuit.  Where was the outrage against him within that 11 years?   For me what we heard really was "locker room talk" and "crude language" that sadly enough, I have heard amongst even women I work with.  I would share some of the convos I've heard but it would be a RATED X conversation.  Possibly even worse than what we hear Trump saying.  Do I feel like these women I work with are out to rape men?  I honestly don't think they do it, they are just extremely vulgar.  Our immoral society has forced fed entire generations on how sex is nothing of value and has created an environment where we see each other as mere objects to satisfy our own lustful desires.  Planned Parenthood comes into our schools every day to make sure our children grow up thinking this same way.  Trump's private convo in that bus filled with laughing men could be a promotion for Planned Parenthood, who has aided in the rape of minors and protected men who actually do grab young girls by their p**** and then force them to have abortions.  I don't believe Trump did the things he said he did, and it was just him talking about it.  IT was UGLY and it was VULGAR, and he should be horsewhipped for it.  

Today he's a democrat trying to pretend he's a republican to win the presidency or to help Hilary win.  Again, nothing I've said in this thread is praising the man or defending his behavior or personality, my entire point has been the many Catholics don't take the abortion issue seriously enough and will vote for the Democrat party time and time again even when through the years, we have seen there is no limit as to where they will give their powerful support to the many butchering ways of ending the unborns' life, selling their body parts and manufacturing them as goods to be used in production of items.  To me that is even more alarming than defending Trump.   If I've defended Trump its only against the ugly horrific evil of Hilary that is getting ignored because of all these deflections the media keeps hoping will make her president when she's just as horrific a person.  I even mentioned at the beginning that we have these two nincompoops as our presidential nominees because we Catholics don't stand up for what matters and that's to stop abortion.  We would have had a truly pro-life candidate by now, but we keep friggin voting for the anti-Catholic pro-abortion democrats! 

picard_clapping.gif

13 hours ago, KnightofChrist said:

The rape victim has stated she feels that Hillary laughed at her, mocked her, and helped destroy her childhood by arguing that she really wanted it and asking for it. According to the victim Clinton argued that the victim was seeking out older men and fantized about being raped. To me that's worse, but maybe you and others know better than the victim herself idk.

Here is what happened:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/11/the-facts-about-hillary-clinton-and-the-kathy-shelton-rape-case/

2 hours ago, dominicansoul said:

I even mentioned at the beginning that we have these two nincompoops as our presidential nominees because we Catholics don't stand up for what matters and that's to stop abortion.  We would have had a truly pro-life candidate by now, but we keep friggin voting for the anti-Catholic pro-abortion democrats! 

Perhaps, but that certainly will not happen by means of us voting. Practicing Catholics only make up roughly 5% of the US population. We do not have the numbers to vote in a good candidate by ourselves.

But I would agree that a part of the problem is that our lamps are under bowls. If we as a group allowed the light of Christ to shine more brightly that would help to bring about the large cultural shift that is ultimately necessary to eliminate abortion. At least from my perspective, Catholics openly supporting a candidate like Trump defeats this purpose. When we assert the virtue of Christian moral values, how is anyone supposed to take us seriously when we support a candidate with such obviously reprehensible moral character as Donald Trump? Do they not view us as hypocrites? Why should they listen to anything that we have to say when we tell them that it is OK to support a person who thinks it is OK to brag about walking up to women and "grabbing them by the p----"?

Rather than openly supporting Trump, I think a better option is to take a principled stand and support a candidate who is truly pro-life and who exhibits Christian virtues in his personal and public life.

Edited by Peace

KnightofChrist

Catholics voting with Catholic "principles", LMAO.  

My family is very Catholic and I've read the political discussions here for 15 years. Most Catholics vote pro-abortion Democrat because they aren't "mean" like the Republicans.   Then they wonder why their government requires tax money or insurance premiums to support (women's healthcare) abortions as if they didn't see that coming. 

13 minutes ago, KnightofChrist said:

Must I really explain this to you? 

The victim is not the most reliable source to determine the facts of what Clinton did or did not do during the trial. She has an obvious bias that any victim of a crime would have.

How many rape victims do you know that think the lawers who represented the men who raped them are honorable people who did their jobs honestly and fairly?

This is why people look at objective  evidence such as court records, and the like, to determine the facts. 

The objective evidence on which the victim's complaint is based is found is the affidavit and the interview, both of which are linked to in this thread.

22 minutes ago, Anomaly said:

Catholics voting with Catholic "principles", LMAO.  

My family is very Catholic and I've read the political discussions here for 15 years. Most Catholics vote pro-abortion Democrat...

The poll at the top of this thread has more people voting for Trump than Hillary, so you obviously aren't basing your conclusion on that. 

Do you have any reliable data about how Catholics vote today? I would be interested in looking at it.

dominicansoul
41 minutes ago, Peace said:

Here is what happened:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/10/11/the-facts-about-hillary-clinton-and-the-kathy-shelton-rape-case/

Perhaps, but that certainly will not happen by means of us voting. Practicing Catholics only make up roughly 5% of the US population. We do not have the numbers to vote in a good candidate by ourselves.

But I would agree that a part of the problem is that our lamps are under bowls. If we as a group allowed the light of Christ to shine more brightly that would help to bring about the large cultural shift that is ultimately necessary to eliminate abortion. At least from my perspective, Catholics openly supporting a candidate like Trump defeats this purpose. When we assert the virtue of Christian moral values, how is anyone supposed to take us seriously when we support a candidate with such obviously reprehensible moral character as Donald Trump? Do they not view us as hypocrites? Why should they listen to anything that we have to say when we tell them that it is OK to support a person who thinks it is OK to brag about walking up to women and "grabbing them by the p----"?

Rather than openly supporting Trump, I think a better option is to take a principled stand and support a candidate who is truly pro-life and who exhibits Christian virtues in his personal and public life.

I'm voting Republican for the party's prolife platform.  Trump is just an aberration.  

God used Balaam's ass to teach a lesson, He can certainly use an arse portal like Trump to help the unborn.  

KnightofChrist
7 minutes ago, Peace said:

Must I really explain this to you? 

The victim is not the most reliable source to determine the facts of what Clinton did or did not do during the trial. She has an obvious bias that any victim of a crime would have.

How many rape victims do you know that think the lawers who represented the men who raped them are honorable people who did their jobs honestly and fairly?

This is why people look at objective  evidence such as court records, and the like, to determine the facts.

The Washington Post also has an obvious bias to protect Clinton. You can try to discredit the victim using "facts" from a newspaper that supports Clinton if you wish, but readers have a choice, believe the victim or believe Clinton's defenders. That's the only reason I really posted the link. I knew you'd have no use for it. Others however may care more about what she has to say than the Pro-Clinton Washington Post.