Soldier4Him Posted June 27, 2004 Posted June 27, 2004 Mine doesn't....does yours? Is there anybody else out there in the Pham with my disease? Ok, ok. Not sure what I mean? If your pancreas doesn't work, you have diabetes. Like me! If it does work, u are diabetes free!
Thy Geekdom Come Posted June 27, 2004 Posted June 27, 2004 You have diabetes? I don't think I could stand it, but what a wonderful cross to bear. I know people with it. I know that it gets difficult. I'm sure you offer it up.
BeenaBobba Posted June 27, 2004 Posted June 27, 2004 My pancreas still works pretty well. You know, a friend of mine had gestational diabetes last year when she was pregnant. She had to constantly moniter what she ate, and she even had to give herself shots of insulin. I can only imagine that it must be pretty difficult living with diabetes. Does if affect you a lot? God bless, Jen
Soldier4Him Posted June 27, 2004 Author Posted June 27, 2004 [quote]Does if affect you a lot? [/quote] YES MA'AM! It actually played a major role in my depression stage of high school. It's tough, but purgatory loves me for it! (Offer it up baby!)
BeenaBobba Posted June 27, 2004 Posted June 27, 2004 [quote name='Soldier4Him' date='Jun 27 2004, 03:17 AM'] YES MA'AM! It actually played a major role in my depression stage of high school. It's tough, but purgatory loves me for it! (Offer it up baby!) [/quote] I'm sorry to hear that it made you depressed, but it sounds like you've got a good, positive attitude! God bless, Jen
Soldier4Him Posted June 27, 2004 Author Posted June 27, 2004 I've learned that I control it, it doesn't control me. And that was just ONE factor of the past depression. And past indeed. I've moved on since 10th and 11th grade. Now I'm gonna be a junior in college this fall....dang I'm gettin old!..... I have rough days still though, but I know God's gonna see me through. Doesn't give us anything we can't handle!
Ash Wednesday Posted June 27, 2004 Posted June 27, 2004 My pancreas works to the greatest of my knowledge. My appendix, on the other hand, probably does not.
homeschoolmom Posted June 27, 2004 Posted June 27, 2004 pancreas, yes. speen, no. I have a very good friend who has diabetes though... no fun at all....
CreepyCrawler Posted June 27, 2004 Posted June 27, 2004 i can feel my pancreas starting to falter in it's ability to produce insulin. my dad has diabetes and my sister and i both are so sensitive to sugar... it's so sad, i love cheesecake. mmm.... but whenever i eat it, or have soda, or cookies, i fall asleep.
Soldier4Him Posted June 27, 2004 Author Posted June 27, 2004 [quote]but whenever i eat it, or have soda, or cookies, i fall asleep. [/quote] Interesting. Possible symptom of high blood sugar....Keep me posted Creepy!
cmotherofpirl Posted June 27, 2004 Posted June 27, 2004 I have the same problem, my pancreas is giving out. My fasting blood sugar is too high.
Iacobus Posted June 27, 2004 Posted June 27, 2004 [quote name='Soldier4Him' date='Jun 27 2004, 01:17 AM'] YES MA'AM! It actually played a major role in my depression stage of high school. It's tough, but purgatory loves me for it! (Offer it up baby!) [/quote] A seminarian told my dorm room something like that. The AC wasn't working and it was getting really hot and stuffy in our room and he came in to make sure we were all bunking down and someone asked if he could turn on the AC. The seminarian said it was messed up and should turn on soon, they can't change it and the temp montior is old. Than someone said, but it is hot. And the seminarian told him, think of all the time in purtogary you are saving. LOL! No, I don't have diabetes. My greatgrand mother did and that was the closest it has been to me.
Soldier4Him Posted June 28, 2004 Author Posted June 28, 2004 Ya gotta offer up your pain, otherwise what good does it do right?
BeenaBobba Posted June 28, 2004 Posted June 28, 2004 [quote name='Soldier4Him' date='Jun 27 2004, 11:28 PM'] Ya gotta offer up your pain, otherwise what good does it do right? [/quote] Amen to that. God bless, Jen
BeenaBobba Posted June 28, 2004 Posted June 28, 2004 [quote name='homeschoolmom' date='Jun 27 2004, 10:18 AM'] pancreas, yes. speen, no. [/quote] Did you have to have your spleen removed? God bless, Jen
Carrie Posted June 28, 2004 Posted June 28, 2004 mine works, but I have family with diabetes. So it's something I need to watch out for.
BeenaBobba Posted June 28, 2004 Posted June 28, 2004 [quote name='MorphRC' date='Jun 28 2004, 10:30 AM'] 1: What a pancreas? [/quote] The pancreas is a small organ sort of near the stomach. In pictures, it looks yellowish, and it almost looks like corn on the cob. [quote]What does it do?[/quote] Primarily, it secretes insulin, which breaks down sugars in our blood. God bless, Jen
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now