BarbaraTherese

Prayer Request - Sth Aust Bushfires

BarbaraTherese

Thank you very much for your kindness and thoughts, P60. :) 

The bushfires have been terrible and the severity a real shock.  But I think what has shone through it all is the Australian spirit to face what must be faced with a very active hope for the future and where to from here. 

The government has not made a firm decision as yet re a Royal Commission, but I think they will have no real option but to do so.  We can't say "never again" and so we must be prepared for any next time as a distinct potential.

A psychiatrist once told me that a loser says, if this does not work, nothing will.  A winner says, if this does not work, then I will try this or this or that.  Under those terms, I think Australians are very much winners.

Thank you again, P60, for your kindness and thoughts.........very much appreciated :) 

BarbaraTherese

AUSTRALIAN BUSHFIRES

RECORD RAINFALL

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-01-17/nsw-weather-more-rain-and-storms-to-hit-on-weekend/11874360

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jan/16/rain-brings-joy-to-farmers-in-nsw-and-victoria-and-dampens-some-bushfires-as-others-burn

"The NSW Rural Fire Service and Victorian Country Fire Authority said the rain they had received was not enough to put out existing fires.

A spokesman for the CFA said they had seen rain activity but “unfortunately it had minimal impact in suppressing the fire activity across east and north-east Victoria”.

“Although this rain won’t extinguish all fires, it will certainly go a long way towards containment,” the RFS said."

Time to give thanks as we continue to pray for bushfire ravaged areas.

BarbaraTherese